Would Be Nice If There Was A Quick Mount with Cable Inputs

djxpress

Reaction score
Country
United States
I came from an A129 Pro Duo and loved the GPS quick mount because the front power cable plugged directly into the mount and not the camera. Therefore, when taking the camera off the mount, I only had to disconnect the rear cable from the camera and plug it back in when reconnecting.

With the new A139 Pro (Dual Channel), all cables are connected to the camera itself. This makes for a more time consuming process when removing/replacing the camera on the mount (I like to remove the camera from the windshield when it's park outside in direct sunlight for long periods of time).

Is there any plans to make a similar GPS mount that you can connect the power cable to?

I thing Viofo are moving away from that old setup as it did introduce a additional weak point in the connectors between the mount and camera, but otherwise yes that was more convenient for mounting / dismounting often.
But with the new cameras or A 139 at least, it use thinner cables to the remote cameras with little MCX plugs on them, and those i dont think are meant for frequent plugging in and out.

That will almost certainly be a no, but the A229 Pro is likely to have the power into the mount, so may be a better choice...

I thing Viofo are moving away from that old setup as it did introduce a additional weak point in the connectors between the mount and camera, but otherwise yes that was more convenient for mounting / dismounting often.
But with the new cameras or A 139 at least, it use thinner cables to the remote cameras with little MCX plugs on them, and those i dont think are meant for frequent plugging in and out.I un
I unplug it because I'm worried about it baking in the sun when parked (I don't use parking mode). Is that an invalid concern?

The camera should be fine cooking, but not doing anything in the sun, mind you in the old days focus could slide but i think more due to use of cheaper lenses ASO.
But these days it is not that often you see focus slide, but every now and then if you watch dashcam compilations on youtube you will see footage with not good focus.

But peeps in TX and so on down south had camera cooking in the car and no problem, also if you do run parking guard, the cameras have a build in overheat feature so it would just shut down to protect itself.

They do also get pretty hot in regular operation while driving, but i never had a camera overheat, and my cheap little car dont even have AC

Okay Denmark are not down south hot in the summer, but we do some times get 30 deg C / 86 deg F temperatures, which is about as good as it get here ( not a single day of those this summer ) the record here are just a few degrees higher than that.

PS. if your focus slide, most times you can take the camera apart, remove some of the glue that lock the lens in place in the socket ( they mount using M12 fine thread ) And then you just need to turn the lens a few degrees in one or the other direction and focus should be good again, then a few test recordings out the window with the still disassembled camera to verify focus is good, and then dab of hot glue or something else mild on the thread to lock the lens in place and you are back in action.

There are many videos on how to change lenses on action cameras, they use the same kind of lenses and also secured in the same way.
So if you have a dash of DIY skills it should be a cake walk to fix if it happen.

In 10 years most often running several dashcam systems in my car, and never removing them, i have had focus issues 1 - 2 times, and considering that its often 3-4-5 systems i have in my car, that is not bad i feel.

Last edited:
I came from an A129 Pro Duo and loved the GPS quick mount because the front power cable plugged directly into the mount and not the camera. Therefore, when taking the camera off the mount, I only had to disconnect the rear cable from the camera and plug it back in when reconnecting.

With the new A139 Pro (Dual Channel), all cables are connected to the camera itself. This makes for a more time consuming process when removing/replacing the camera on the mount (I like to remove the camera from the windshield when it's park outside in direct sunlight for long periods of time).

Is there any plans to make a similar GPS mount that you can connect the power cable to?
The GPS is built-in on the A139Pro, so there is no GPS mount with a power supply port for it. But the A129Pro needs a GPS mount to gain GPS information, so there is a power connection between the GPS module and the main camera. So there is also a port on the GPS module that can supply power to the camera successfully.

But peeps in TX and so on down south had camera cooking in the car and no problem, also if you do run parking guard, the cameras have a build in overheat feature so it would just shut down to protect itself.

They do also get pretty hot in regular operation while driving, but i never had a camera overheat, and my cheap little car dont even have AC

Okay Denmark are not down south hot in the summer, but we do some times get 30 deg C / 86 deg F temperatures, which is about as good as it get here ( not a single day of those this summer ) the record here are just a few degrees higher than that.
Sorry for not improving the actual topic -- I grew up in Texas and moved away more than 40 years ago. I can't live in that heat from April to October. Looking at a map, you're at least as far north as Winnipeg Canada and maybe even farther north. That's at least 8° in latitude farther north than me. I'll take the week of -40° anytime over the weeks of 100°F+ in Texas or Florida. But even here I couldn't live without AC in the car (and the house).

Yep Danmark is way north on the globe, but thanks to a current in the Atlantic ocean we have a milder climate than Canada, though it have changed for sure, long gone are the winters with snow of my childhood.
My town in the past decade it have gotten a total snowfall of about 1 foot, that was what we got overnight when i was a kid, or while we was in school so few hours.

Last big snowfall here was in 1994 or 5 as i recall in February, it snowed a whole weekend, while i was at work. but i could still fight my way home Saturday afternoon, but it was Wednesday before the roads was cleared again as it snowed well into Sunday.
That + the snow getting blown around saw like 20 foot high snow drifts, on the motorway home on Saturday i was going 80 - 90 KMH in 1-2 feet of snow overtaking ques of cars stuck behind snow plows, when i reached town i had to pull over i was that loaded with adrenalin from constantly steering for 30 minutes to be able to drive strait, my chest was hurting.

Mind you if that Atlantic current stop, like Danish scientists have pitched lately, well as the rest of the world fry, we might actually see another ice age up here.

you still have to drive for 10 or sh hours up thru Sweden or Norway to get to the arctic circle.

I can't live in that heat from April to October.
We have a saying -
Better to sweat ten times than freeze once!
We were dying from the heat and humidity as we improved their skills in Texas. But, we trained in full firefighting combat clothing.
And after training, it’s very good in Houston! ;)

It would be nice for quick release to put in the glove box.

I unplug it because I'm worried about it baking in the sun when parked (I don't use parking mode). Is that an invalid concern?
Yes, I'd say so. If you're not in Texas or similar, leaving the camera mounted shouldn't be a problem at all.
If you're running it and maybe even keep the WiFi active, it might shut down like the others posted.
Quality plastics and electronics don't have an issue up to about 110°C. Which is the throttling temperature limit for most memory chips on modern graphics cards.
Beyond that, the stability of the electronics becomes an issue but it won't break yet.
But most people are used to cheaper plastics in day to day life that can't withstand 150°C or so.

So don't worry about it. If it shuts off, you'll know it got too hot.

Btw, I've seen your other post about using a battery pack for parking mode. I can tell you that the batteries inside a hot car have a harder time than the camera!
Which is why the A139 pro has no battery in it. Only some capacitors that keep the cam running long enough to finish the current write task to the sd card at power loss.

+1 from me, I disconnect and hide my A139P every time so it doesn't get stolen and to keep my windows intact.
Would be nice to be able to buy a ready solution instead of converting it myself, which I have already planned to see if I can add USB-C port there ;)

Oh, it is my mistake. I just mix the A139Pro up with the T130. :ROFLMAO: Forgive my folly! We will confirm if this port can be added and give you a result.
This would be very nice, even if I need to purchase another GPS mount that has a USB port. I know my A129 Pro Duo had a GPS mount that the front USB cable plugged into and the camera just got power from the contacts that touched when connected to the GPS mount.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S A139 Pro 18
Back