wrong firmware installed?

songdrew91

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I have a blackvue DR650GW-2CH.
I recently tried to update the firmware version on my dashcam. After I put the new firmware and power on my dashcam, device keeps saying "dashcam model error" and refuse to upgrade.
After reformatting sd card from the device itself, I noticed that my current firmware is on DR650S v1.1014 even though my model is DR650GW-2CH. Anyways I'm trying to upgrade DR650GW-2ch cloud v2.0.11_2019.06.10 version from blackvue website but none of the DR650GW firmware works. On the dashcam itself, it says Model: DR650GW-2CH so I'm not mistaken of the model name.

Why is my current firmware 650S and why can't I install firmware designed for DR650GW?

Thanks,

I have a blackvue DR650GW-2CH.
I recently tried to update the firmware version on my dashcam. After I put the new firmware and power on my dashcam, device keeps saying "dashcam model error" and refuse to upgrade.
After reformatting sd card from the device itself, I noticed that my current firmware is on DR650S v1.1014 even though my model is DR650GW-2CH. Anyways I'm trying to upgrade DR650GW-2ch cloud v2.0.11_2019.06.10 version from blackvue website but none of the DR650GW firmware works. On the dashcam itself, it says Model: DR650GW-2CH so I'm not mistaken of the model name.

Why is my current firmware 650S and why can't I install firmware designed for DR650GW?

Thanks,
If you are able to reformat sd card and upgrade your firmware via your computer, that may be best.

If you've already tried that with no luck, call Blackvue/Pittasoft directly for help.... Good luck!

(844) 694-4469
Mon. - Fri 8 - 7 pm pst
Sat. 9-6 pm pst
Sunday - Closed

If you are able to reformat sd card and upgrade your firmware via your computer, that may be best.

If you've already tried that with no luck, call Blackvue/Pittasoft directly for help.... Good luck!

(844) 694-4469
Mon. - Fri 8 - 7 pm pst
Sat. 9-6 pm pst
Sunday - Closed
I can reformat sd card using dashcam just to get it working again, but unable to upgrade even using PC.
I opened support ticket with blackvue and waiting for it. But I'm starting to feel that mine's actually DR650S even though label sticker on dashcam says DR650GW-2CH. According to blackvue website, "Both share the same form factor and quality materials. The difference is in the inscription printed on the front camera: the DR650GW Series reads “BLACKVUE WI-FI / Full HD” and the DR650S Series reads “BLACKVUE CLOUD / Full HD”. Mine says Blackvue Cloud Full HD.

So, it looks like they didn't bother labeling DR650S with new sticker, so it just says DR650GW which confused me. I bought this about 5-6 years ago, I don't have box or manual for it any more to confirm, but the fact it only takes DR650S firmware makes me think it's DR650S model.

Attachments

• IMG_2855.jpeg
    IMG_2855.jpeg
    166.3 KB · Views: 6
Hmmm... that's very strange. I can't see Blackvue mislabeling their dashcam as seems to be the case with yours. - I'm sure Blackvue support will get things ironed-out for you.

Let us know what you find out.

ps... Luckily you're dealing with Blackvue which has great customer support. Another dashcam manufacturer that is very popular on this forum would tell you it's beyond 2 years and support is no longer available.. buy another dashcam from us!

Back