Xiaomi Yi Cam - Water proof case & Bluetooth remote (I've got both)

Also be aware they're starting to sell an exact copy of the original but advertised as sold without the cardboard case in which it comes. Xiaomi has warned it's a fake.

thanks for the info Flynn, I've had a fe sellers trying to tell me its real but without cardboard case to lessen costs.... I was quite sceptic and now I see I was right to be so

Just in case you're interested, maybe it's not as cool as the original one, but the kingma seems to be giving good results. I am yet to try it on a diving trip, but some contacts have been testing it lately for that purpose and it seems to work as expected. Only issue was it fogged up while diving due to temp difference, but that seems to happen with most (if not all) action cameras and it's easy to solve, either using silica gel bags inside the case, or with a homemade solution , wrapping the camera with tin foil (except the front and the lens) so condensation remains on it.

I'd suggest you do some research about the original case, it seems they've stopped production due to quality control issues.

Could you give more info about these issues? Any link?

I don't know about the exact issues (some people say it's a buttons issue and others it's a waterproof issue), that info was provided by a local distributor and it seems Xiaomi had taken off the case from their website.

Last edited:
two members from Xiaomi Yi Sports Camera Users Philippines group on facebook have had their wp case power button cracked. was wondering if the original wp case buttons are brittle.

11391186_10153410929754658_3613471231647903970_n_zpslwztv9ln.jpg

Some user from Indonesian forum also got their case cracked at the same position, near the on/off button and shutter button but does not got a leak. I think there is QC issue with this case. Bummer, since currently mine is on the way.
I already got the non-original ones that worked great, although the space between the legs was too tight and I had to file them a bit to fit in most gopro accessories

unbelievable.... original case... that's sad :-(

My friend got an not-original case (because original one is still not on stock - banggood) and he tested the waterpoofness and all was fine when he simple dive the case into the water....he tested it without the cam first..only with dry paper inside :)
than after few tests he put in a camera and went swiming. Everything was great to the moment when he did a flip with the camera. At hit point, case got opened (with camera working) and his camera is bricked now.

So fail this time , first they remove the case from their official website - http://item.mi.com/1150900016.html

I bought this one to go diving and the lack of proper case is so fail beyond comprehension.

So fail this time , first they remove the case from their official website - http://item.mi.com/1150900016.html

I bought this one to go diving and the lack of proper case is so fail beyond comprehension.

if they note a problem and withdraw it from sale that's the right thing to do, far from being a fail, maybe inconvenient for you but a lot better than the alternatives

So is there any reliable case at the moment? I really need one :)

Thanks, I'll be reading it. And yes, I already got an "original" case from AliExpress, hence asking here in the forum

i own a kingma wp case also and i can say it is well-made and nice quality. buttons are a little bit softer to press compared to the original wp case. and you can also use gopro accessories on it.

mine is also cracked banggood china to germany
i write to banggood now i will see what a resolution they tell me

Attachments

• crack.jpg
    crack.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
Was it cracked out of the box or after using it for a bit? From all the reviews i read it is still the best case, and has a great view w/o using lens rectification

Ok, thanks for the info. So it did not crack because of use. I think I'll go for the original, as according to reviews I've seen there's a vignette on any other case.

Back