Xiaomi Yi Custom firmware with lastest revision

i tried formatting through yi app, too...but still it went wrong like before.

After two days of normal using...today my device started to be weird again.....

I use it as a dash cam...the starting four files are normal for 5minutes and 35mb
but the following files became only few seconds of file with 18mb or even 8mb of birate............

i just give up on it! Just take my old SJ4000 out to use.....

Yeah, its another Unix thing. The SD card is identified by the camera's system as device d:
Here's a code snippet I grabbed from another script. Notice the paths to the target files.

Code:
#cleanup
#lu_util exec rm /tmp/fuse_d/DCIM/100MEDIA/*_thm.mp4

sleep 9

#disable sharpening. coring should contain only 256x10
t is2 -shp mode 0
t is2 -shp cor d:\coring.txt

#enable FTP server
lu_util exec '/tmp/fuse_d/ftp.sh'

Hi Rodher Rodriguez, if it possible to disable sharpening the 720p 120fps?

OK hi folks new to this forum. I have a Xiaomi Yi 23L action camera that has been sitting idle for some time. After charging the battery turning the camera on and activating the wifi, I couldn't see the wifi on my iPhone 6S using the latest app for the Apple Store.

It has worked perfectly before with my previous 5C iPhone. I tried everything I knew and couldn't get a connection. Then I read the forum and thought I'd try a custom firmware install to see if that would cure the issue. I downloaded it, moved it to the 16gb micro SD format to Fat32, renamed the file firmware.bin and inserted it into the camera as the instructions stated. When I turned the camera on all I get is a flashing blue light, it continues until the camera times out with a series of beeps.

Can someone shed some light on what the heck is going on with this thing?

I use your customized firmware on my 23L, very good quality, but the "lens distortion control" were gone. Is it possible to bring it back?

I also found the "lens distortion control" only work on 30fps on original firmware, any other fps are unable to do that.

Hey guys,
Unrelated to .13 firmware, but since .12 my 'live' preview on the iPhone Xiaomi App is super lagging. Like 10-15 seconds.A bit annoying. You guys know a fix?

Help Sir...
I have same problem as whisker
I'm a new here just bought z23L a couple days ago

im using this sandisk microsd 32GB 80Mb/s
using a firmware in first post .13
so laggy on my iphone

Many Thanks

Does somebody know what the numbers represents in the first column (video speed and/or size?)
Example what do the numbers 2 and 14 represent?
What line number(s) do i have to change to get higher bitrate on 1920x1080 p @ 25 f/s.
Image11.jpg

Last edited:
Hi!

Does anybody know how can I solve problem with file splitting? I installed Fried Firmware Base : 1.2.13 for 23L. I'm using Kingston Micro SD XC SDCX10/64GB and I can read that it has minimum 10MB/s transfer rate.

Hi!

Does anybody know how can I solve problem with file splitting? I installed Fried Firmware Base : 1.2.13 for 23L. I'm using Kingston Micro SD XC SDCX10/64GB and I can read that it has minimum 10MB/s transfer rate.
Bought new micro ad card and problem solved. Card: Kingston po.kar.micSD32GB UHS-I U3+ad.(SDCA3/32GB

Hi, how's the battery with this custom firmware because i get less than 40 min of rec with official firmwares. I'm paragliding and when i stop recording I leave the camera in stand-by (i've sett it to 3min). Is this the cause of the battery drain?
Thanks! and sorry if it had been asked before.

Hi, how's the battery with this custom firmware because i get less than 40 min of rec with official firmwares. I'm paragliding and when i stop recording I leave the camera in stand-by (i've sett it to 3min). Is this the cause of the battery drain?
Thanks! and sorry if it had been asked before.

what's the temperature like when you're paragliding, cooler temps can shorten battery run time

It's not so cold, as long as i feel comfortable. I think the main problem is stand-by. I will power it off after recording to see if i get more battery life

Any news about a custom fw on the 1.3?

Ela! Ti kaneis??!?! Yi sports is the Xiaomi Yi. Its one of the new batches with the 1.3 firmware and Z25L serial number.

Is this best custom firmware to install for newbies ? :D

In first post I read that this firmware is ONLY affecting High quality mode, so it means that when I take videos in medium quality I will have standard firmware bitrates?

Dear Fried.,

I have an 23L Yi and I want to make a firmware which is take the whole image processing zero ( noise reduction, distortion correction, gamma, gain ect... all of it go to zero)
Do you think it can be possible with a firmware mod or just using a script?

I want to get the original unchanged and the best quality pictur from the Yi.

And an other question, is it possible to make Bulb exposition in photo mode?

I want to make a housing for the Yi that cool the CMOS and hold C-Mount lenses, and after it is finished, I want the best original processing-less image from it.

What do you think?

best regards
Adam.

I creating this new thread, because in the other one it's becoming a little messy doing a firmware for everyone. I'll try to keep it up to date.
In here you'll find only two type of firmware, because are the same for different build of camera.
You can check md5 on your own to be sure about that.

Both of firmware are customized to get 35Mbps for every resolution in High Quality mode.
Medium and low quality are untouched.

Before flash rename it "firmware.bin" and copy in the root of microSD card.

Firmware Base : 1.2.13

1) For build : 22 - 23 - 23A - 23S
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxO_QexYT9EAT2xFWmZQcUtWUVU/view?usp=sharing

2) For build : 22L - 23L
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxO_QexYT9EAcVdRZy05OWt4alk/view?usp=sharing

Because is not a secret how to customize bitrates in a firmware I'll add the video that explain really well how to do it, and who want to try could do it ... :)

Enjoy...! ;)

Hi guys,
I have a strange problem with my camera.
When I start recording it's recording @31mbps 10sec then stop and continue with 21mbps. The files are separated in two. The first one with 31mbps 10sec and the second with 21mpbs. Both in 2K@30fps.
I've never faced this kind of problem so i dont know what to do. Maybe flash the firmware again ?

This problem was discussed in this thread a 100 times, you just have to go some pages back to find out, probably slow SD card or... something describet b4...

Back