Xiaomi Yi Custom firmware with lastest revision

I've always used custom firmware with higher bitrate and i've never faced that kind of problem. It's probably not a SD card issue cause it's a Sandisk Ultra class 10 which supposed to be fast.
But i'm gonna saerch through the previous pages thanks.

Is this best custom firmware to install for newbies ? :D

In first post I read that this firmware is ONLY affecting High quality mode, so it means that when I take videos in medium quality I will have standard firmware bitrates?

Maybe not the best, but most balanced.. yes if you shoot in any other quality you'll have stock bitrate..

Dear Fried.,

I have an 23L Yi and I want to make a firmware which is take the whole image processing zero ( noise reduction, distortion correction, gamma, gain ect... all of it go to zero)
Do you think it can be possible with a firmware mod or just using a script?

I want to get the original unchanged and the best quality pictur from the Yi.

And an other question, is it possible to make Bulb exposition in photo mode?

I want to make a housing for the Yi that cool the CMOS and hold C-Mount lenses, and after it is finished, I want the best original processing-less image from it.

What do you think?

best regards
Adam.
You can change these setting via script, if you need a flat image to postproduce take a look at nutsey script search about it... For bulb shoot I don't think so, you can set a loooong time but not bulb... for housing there's a good one in aluminum that not cover mic and protect lense..

Hi guys,
I have a strange problem with my camera.
When I start recording it's recording @31mbps 10sec then stop and continue with 21mbps. The files are separated in two. The first one with 31mbps 10sec and the second with 21mpbs. Both in 2K@30fps.
I've never faced this kind of problem so i dont know what to do. Maybe flash the firmware again ?
This is a very strange issue cause I use a chinese 32gb card and I never had this problem others have to buy expensive card to make it work, in theory as other already said it's speed problem..

Thanks Fried, can you give me recommendation which other custom firmware i could try for better video quality?

Thanks Fried, can you give me recommendation which other custom firmware i could try for better video quality?
take a look in first pages of this thread, other users made other custom firmwares... ;)

@ovu

Not to hijack the thread, but since you put it here... if you can afford another 6-12oz on the frame, I would highly suggest buying or building a 'tank' battery. 0:45 running 2k/1296@30 or 1080/60 is all you can expect from these little things! This little on-board 990-1010mA battery? C = xT so, that's roughly a 24mA drain to get 0:41 runtime... that's incredible! But, being on a glider, you probably don't want to try to do a battery swap. :) Get one made from 3 or 6 18650 cells, same cells that laptop packs are made from, 3 in series with an efficient voltage booster circuit can easily top 10,000mA, which should be 10x the runtime of the on-board battery, and 6... well that's all day recording right there.

additional Xiaomi Yi batteries, current version 1010Ma, $5.59

a Xiaomi tank battery, 10,000mA, $16.99

a Xiaomi massive 20,000mA tank battery, $31.99
(I love this one, 6 cells, weighs 12oz, charges fast, lasts forever)

note: I get nothing from BangGood, just a satisfied customer who's sick of dealing with DX.

As someone who has intentionally over-driven slow MicroSDXC cards for hours, that is not the behaviour. The only thing I've ever seen, even @ 50mbit, is they just drop frames, you'll get 'dead spots' every second or so, the length of which depending on just how slow the card is... it has never stopped the recording and switched to a different bitrate, huhu! That's something else entirely. Please go through your autoexec.ash line-by-line and verify every single address and command. Something's up, for sure. Please share when you do figure out what's up, though!

Maybe not the best, but most balanced.. yes if you shoot in any other quality you'll have stock bitrate..

You can change these setting via script, if you need a flat image to postproduce take a look at nutsey script search about it... For bulb shoot I don't think so, you can set a loooong time but not bulb... for housing there's a good one in aluminum that not cover mic and protect lense..

This is a very strange issue cause I use a chinese 32gb card and I never had this problem others have to buy expensive card to make it work, in theory as other already said it's speed problem..
That's the point. My card is fast enough to support 35mbits. And moreover I've always used custom firmware and never ever had this issues. That's why I posted the issue.

Envoyé de mon SM-G935F en utilisant Tapatalk

Hi guys,

I have received my new Yi (23L) with its Tochiba U3 128 GB card and now a question about the Yi camera connectivity:

Is not it possible to simply connect the Yi with the USB cable to my computer and copy the files over?

My card reader on my computer is broken and therefore I cannot use it directly.

Thanks, mates.

First You have to turn On Yi camera and use usb cable from phone lets say because that one that you got with camera I think can't transfer data.

Sent from mTalk

First You have to turn On Yi camera and use usb cable from phone lets say because that one that you got with camera I think can't transfer data.

Sent from mTalk

Yeah, that is exactly what I did, but the
computer cannot see it. It says "unknown
USB device" in the list of mobile devices.

If you have try some other usb cable...

Sent from mTalk

If you have try some other usb cable...

Sent from mTalk

Yes, I tried that, too. I switched three cables, one
from Samsung, one from Sony and a third from
an unknown brand.

Weird.

That's the point. My card is fast enough to support 35mbits. And moreover I've always used custom firmware and never ever had this issues. That's why I posted the issue.

Envoyé de mon SM-G935F en utilisant Tapatalk
Which firmware did you use? So I can compare it with this one..
Yeah, that is exactly what I did, but the
computer cannot see it. It says "unknown
USB device" in the list of mobile devices.
At the beginning I also had this "issue" but as already said is solved using another usb cable, cause embedded one is only for charching..

At the beginning I also had this "issue" but as already said is solved using another usb cable, cause embedded one is only for charching..

The problem is, I used three different USB cables,
one from Samsung, one from Sony and an unknown
one.

Also, I tried it with two different computers: one
workstation with Windows 10 and one laptop with
Windows 7. On both I do not get a connection to
the camera with microSD inserted, when connecting
with any USB cable.

Did you try to connect YI OFF to PC (so it start change) and then switch ON? It worked with stock firmware?

Did you try to connect YI OFF to PC (so it start change) and then switch ON? It worked with stock firmware?

I can try this now, but I think I tested this, already.

I went straight to your custom firmware without ever using the stock one.

Btw, charging works normally. I will test now with turning it on.

Alright, turning on after connecting does not work, too.

I'm starting to think is microsd port the problem, try to flash stock if it doesn't work either, and you tried several usb cables and different PC is microsd port on xiaomi the problem, you could buy a cheap card reader for couple of euros...

I'm starting to think is microsd port the problem, try to flash stock if it doesn't work either, and you tried several usb cables and different PC is microsd port on xiaomi the problem, you could buy a cheap card reader for couple of euros...

Alright, I bought one on eBay for 4 € and later on today or tomorrow I will flash the current untouched firmware and test again.

But if the microSD is failing/dead, shouldn't I worry about more problems coming up later? I mean, I received this Yi just days ago and I guess, I can have a refund or switch devices.

Last edited:
Of course you have but it depend where did you buy it cause shipping back could be expensive, anyway I use card reader too cause connection with usb cable work but it's terribly slow...

Back