Xiaomi Yi firmware mirror site & archive - 1.2.13 (and older)

there should be both binaries - for non-L and L models...

Well, unless my ISP fails (i work for my ISP as a sysadmin :D ), the electricity (got UPSes) or the HW (disks in RAID, second server available, almost ready to do the job), then it won't happen :)

Seems like the only thing that can fail in this case is only human ;-)

Bump.

1.2.13 is available.

changelog (not much):
  • Fixed shutting down of camera during downloading or playing the video/photos

Thanks Pvls (esp. for that changelog), i am SO busy lately :(

All files are full updates, so you can flash any firmware over any firmware.

i upgraded the firmware of my 22L to 1.2.13 and also the ios version of the yicam app. After the upgrade, i cannot play the videos recorded in my yicam using the yicam app. it always says, it does not support playing the file. when i try to download the video, it will be downloaded but it will still say that the file is not supported and it can't be saved on my camera roll.

update: i downgrade the firmware to 1.2.12, still no luck. i also used older yicam app version, still cannot play the video. what will i do?

Last edited:
If possible, please AutoExec to 1.2.13 for high bitrate, resolution 2560x1440 , unless it is also possible to 2800x1620 ? I care about high bitrate and these resolutions ... :) Thanks beautiful colleagues .

Hi there blacki,
Ok i will tell you a little story:
There is a Smart car with a 1000cc engine that can do 0-100 km/h in 13 sec.
There is a Ferrari car with a 4000cc engine that can do 0-100 km/h in 3.1 sec.
Can a smart car do a 0-100 Km/h in 3.1 sec?
NO, but we can modify it so it can do! OK! we modify it and we run 0-100 again, and you get 0-100 km/h in 8 sec! WOW nice improvement.

BUT you cannot EVER get 3.1 sec with a smart car if you DON'T change the WHOLE car (engine,transmittion etc or buy a Ferrari).

So your Xiaomi Yi (and mine too) can go at 2K with the engine(Ambarella A7LS Processor, Sony Exmor R BSI CMOS 16 mp sensor).
You can modify to get better quality with a fast card (35mbits/s or 50mbits/s) BUT you will never get 4K like a GoPro does.

So you can do these:
1. Remove all components inside the Yi camera and place in there the GoPro engine(cpu,sensor etc). If you do that, post it here, im so interested to see that.
2. Sell Xiaomi Yi ( i can buy yours for 20 USD :D ) and then go buy a GoPro 4 Black edition at 500USD.

Hope you got the point now...

I'm sorry guys(not you blacki, all the other guys from the forum).

Hi Andy_S firstly thank you for your great effort in giving and supporting this facility. I'm new to all this and just happened across you and nutsey and WOW what stuff you can do with this camera. I have owned one for ages and had no idea. Done the firmware and script and all works brilliantly :)
I have a YouTube channel that I would like to share what I have found with my subscribers, just thought I would check that was OK with you?
I know this is old hat to a lot of people but there are still loads out there like me.
Thanks again

Back