Xiaomi Yi firmware mirror site & archive - 1.2.13 (and older)

Andy_S

Reaction score
Country
Czech Republic
As many of you are having troubles with downloading firmwares from XiaoYi site, i decided to make a mirror of these firmwares elsewhere.

Files (and soon other informations about camera and my app) are available

HERE

These are unmodified original firmware files downloaded directly from XiaoYi site,
however - as with any unoficial source - you are using these files at your own risk.
But seriously, atleast i provide you with proper filesize + MD5 AND i do the extra work of verifying these files for you :cool: (more info in the spoiler below)

ALWAYS CHECK FOR YOUR CAMERA VERSION
and use correct firmware!!!

ALWAYS check file size, preferably do MD5 checksum to be 100% sure you downloaded whole file.
MD5 checksum is the only 100% way to be sure you have whole & correct file!

How to check MD5? Follow "Howto" below in the "Spoiler".

You can use my C&C app to get the serial number of the camera (Camera -> Info), or you can read it from the sticker under the battery.

• Fixed shutting down of camera during downloading or playing the video/photos

• Added Photos folder while taking photo in time-lapse and Burst mode
  • Optimized the power-saving mode, in order to increase the camera working time
  • Optimized the hint sound and LED light, helping to recognize the camera’s status
  • Optimized the experience of loop video record while SD-Card is full
  • Fixed no response while controlling Camera via APP
  • Fixed the image reveral setting don’t take effect while recording video in time-lapse mode
  • Fixed no preview video in app after reconnecting camera
  • Fixed duration difference between preview video and the actual video file in time-lapse mode
  • Added the camera information into video
  • Optimized the wifi module to improve the stability of the wifi connection with iphone
  • Optimized the communication between app and camera , in order to prevent the camera from command blocking
  • Improved the connection smooth while lapse photography
  • Fixed the crash while power up the camera
  • Fixed unable to light the wifi hint light
  • Fixed unable to stop alerting of buzzer while finding the camera.
  • Fixed the anomalies coursed by taking photo via app, while finding the camera
  • Fix freezing issue when booting camera
  • Fix firmware upgrade problem when terminating app while uploading
  • Fix ratio problem (4:3 instead of 16:9) of burst shot
  • Ability to cancel already launched "Delayed photo"
  • Live view video improved
  • Camera content loading speed increased
  • Firmware flash speed increased
  • Fixed beeping issue after failed flash
  • Fixed bootup lockout caused by some SD cards
  • Improvements in the wi-fi module to be more stable
  • Improvements in the video recording module to avoid freezing issues
  • Improvements in the SD card autodetection
  • Improvements in the interaction between the camera and app
  • Improvements in the battery charge indicator
  • Improvements in the reset camera beeping
  • Bugs in the photos and videos shooting are fixed
  • Bugs in the USB mode are fixed

Site is hosted on a server located in central Europe on a 100Mbit line (my home connection :p in "home" server room).

Criteria for considering file a "successfull download":
  • Downloaded atleast 5 times without any unexcepted interruption
  • Files have same size, if not, redownload
  • File MD5 CRC matches atleast 3 times in for each separate version (3of5)
  • new: file MD5 checks against xiaomi site md5 (SO glad they listened to me on this :))

Windows:
You can check the MD5 of a file using FCIV - a commandline utility provided by Microsoft
After you install FCIV you can view the firmware.bin MD5 by launching THIS simple batch script in the folder you downloaded the firmware into (keep in mind it verifies only "firmware.bin" file.

There are many programs that can do that, even some GUI ones.

Linux:
Code:
md5sum -b firmware.bin

(and they say linux is more complicated... yeah :D )

If you like my work, consider donating some spare change :)

Last edited:
Hello @Andy_S,
Great idea, if you want you can use this link to find all firmware file.
http://sportsapi.xiaoyi.com/firmware/download?serialNumber=Z221507S0189776 (this link with this serial is the one used by http://www.xiaoyi.com/home/upgrade.html)
Just put a fake serial number or only the first 4 numbers of the serial (ex : Z221 - Z22L - Z231 - Z23L - Z23A - Z23S). You will see the hardwareCode change according to the serial number and you can check the integrity of the downloaded file with the md5.
If you want another mirror server, I can share some space on my own one.

Yeah, i thought about that and i am already downloading all them files :) I just want real serials to be 100% sure.

another mirror - i'm not sure if i will be able to program some "cloud" roundrobin functionality. But you can sure act as a backup, i can provide you the package for the website

Last edited:
If this mirror saves even ONE camera from certain death caused by incomplete firmware, then my efforts are justified.

a simple yet necessary update in Xiaomi firmware download page.

qDr67YG.png

Yes, i already noticed that (also translation to english), but the site is still TOO slow & unstable for safe firmware download

btw W10? nice.

:) No, still on W8.. I got W10 reservation already but no ETA yet.

Hi, already slowly processing them :) When i get them all, i will put them on mirror site. One download isn't enough tho... read "more info" :)

and verified&added.

Last edited:
As many of you are having troubles with downloading firmwares from XiaoYi site, i decided to make a mirror of these firmwares elsewhere.

Files (and soon other informations about camera and my app) are available

HERE

These are unmodified original firmware files downloaded directly from XiaoYi site,
however - as with any unoficial source - you are using these files at your own risk.
But seriously, atleast i provide you with proper filesize + MD5 AND i do the extra work of verifying these files for you :cool: (more info in the spoiler below)

ALWAYS CHECK FOR YOUR CAMERA VERSION
and use correct firmware!!!

ALWAYS check file size, preferably do MD5 checksum to be 100% sure you downloaded whole file.
MD5 checksum is the only 100% way to be sure you have whole & correct file!

How to check MD5? Follow "Howto" below in the "Spoiler".

You can use my C&C app to get the serial number of the camera (Camera -> Info), or you can read it from the sticker under the battery.

• Ability to cancel already launched "Delayed photo"
  • Live view video improved
  • Camera content loading speed increased
  • Firmware flash speed increased
  • Fixed beeping issue after failed flash
  • Fixed bootup lockout caused by some SD cards
  • Improvements in the wi-fi module to be more stable
  • Improvements in the video recording module to avoid freezing issues
  • Improvements in the SD card autodetection
  • Improvements in the interaction between the camera and app
  • Improvements in the battery charge indicator
  • Improvements in the reset camera beeping
  • Bugs in the photos and videos shooting are fixed
  • Bugs in the USB mode are fixed

Site is hosted on a server located in central Europe on a 100Mbit line (my home connection :p and "home" server room).

Criteria for considering file a "successfull download":
  • Downloaded atleast 5 times without any unexcepted interruption
  • Files have same size, if not, redownload
  • File MD5 CRC matches atleast 3 times in for each separate version (3of5)

Windows:
You can check the MD5 of a file using FCIV - a commandline utility provided by Microsoft
After you install FCIV you can view the firmware.bin MD5 by launching THIS simple batch script in the folder you downloaded the firmware into (keep in mind it verifies only "firmware.bin" file.

There are many programs that can do that, even some GUI ones.

Linux:
Code:
md5sum -b firmware.bin

(and they say linux is more complicated... yeah :D )
Thanks for the mirror but why are you requiring full serial numbers. Makes me paranoid.

Last edited by a moderator:
Only for the safety of you and your camera, no other reason.
The page thus forces you to actually verify your serial number so you don't accidently download firmware for different version.

No need to worry, page does not collect these serials in any way :) Xiao also required you to type the serial to verify ;)

Only for the safety of you and your camera, no other reason.
The page thus forces you to actually verify your serial number so you don't accidently download firmware for different version.

No need to worry, page does not collect these serials in any way :) Xiao also required you to type the serial to verify ;)

Actually no. Xiaomi only requires the first 4 characters to be entered before downloading the firmware.

not anymore. But are you sure some newbie won't pick first option and say "Hey, they all are the same" and then will brick his camera for almost no reason?

Hey @Andy_S, Could it be possible to Upload different Android app versions? I think it would be a great idea too! :)

Google translate change log:

01. New time-lapse video [length], [delay] function video resolution;
02. Change log saving mechanism, while adjusting log maximum file size is 5M;
03. improve time-lapse photography function, auto stop, take the initiative to send the video duration notifications and adopt a resolution to configure a separate treatment;
04. Adjust the resolution configuration, no longer dependent on IDLE mode;
05. Perfection and apps communication mechanisms to avoid message blocking abnormal;
06. Fixed-lapse photography file frame rate is abnormal;
07. adjust the video camera operation timing, to avoid DSP and other abnormalities;
08. Find the next device state correction for video camera APPS operating system abnormalities cause problems;
09. Fixed APPS trigger parameters were abnormal problem resolution time-lapse photography switching;
10. Adjust the default resolution time-lapse photography 1080P60;

when the china server decides to respond, i will download them files. ATM the server is in coma...

Back