Xiaomi Yi Sports Camera - Custom Firmware (Base 1.0.7) - Bitrate Increased to 30Mbps all modes

In around half an hour this link will go live with a tutorial on how to create your own firmware from start to finish. Hope it helps. I'll do a later one on scripts

Damn bro, thank you very much...!!!!!

Please wait for the above video to render in 1080p and then it will be usable hopefully

If you can wait till the ned of the day I'm going to do it sometime... I also have a mac but I also have access to my windows machine... Also, Andy_S, not everybody has the knowledge to use Virtual_box, and Wine never worked for me, but I really love your console app, I'm using the python version on my mac with no problems whatsoever, so thanks again for making it :)
thank you so much , worked out great

When i record with 1080 50fps and 30mbit, after a few seconds the camera sometimes falls back to 18MBit !?

Attachments

• Unbenannt.jpg
    Unbenannt.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 19
Hey all, got my new Yi today and flashed 1.1 cfw right away, can someone teach me to record in 240fps? it says current resolution not supported and when i see the video it's weird and fast forwarded. Mine's a Z23S, flashed the cfw on a couple of posts above

EDIT: after flashing firmware preview only worked for a while

Last edited:
Hey all, got my new Yi today and flashed 1.1 cfw right away, can someone teach me to record in 240fps? it says current resolution not supported and when i see the video it's weird and fast forwarded. Mine's a Z23S, flashed the cfw on a couple of posts above

EDIT: after flashing firmware preview only worked for a while

I might be wrong but I don't think anyone has figured out how to change the bitrate for the 240fps mode.
If someone knows which lines that modify this please tell me.

EDIT: Just tested the 240p mode. No preview availible when recording, preview was availible when I wasn't recording. Did you watch the video on a computer or though the app?

Last edited:
Hi

I´m more interested in who to alter white balance and ISO settings since I use this cam to film while diving. . More bitrate would only crave more light and that´s a rare commodity in the green and dark waters of the Baltic see. :-)

BTW if there is an option to alter white balance and ISO (the SDK of Ambarella says so) how will I configure the settings in the cam since the app won´t have a setting for this? I´ve parsed this and other treads and there supposed to be a PC app to alter the settings but I cant´t find the post with a link to that application.

Anyone who can direct me to the correct post.

Cheers

Hi

I´m more interested in who to alter white balance and ISO settings since I use this cam to film while diving. . More bitrate would only crave more light and that´s a rare commodity in the green and dark waters of the Baltic see. :)

BTW if there is an option to alter white balance and ISO (the SDK of Ambarella says so) how will I configure the settings in the cam since the app won´t have a setting for this? I´ve parsed this and other treads and there supposed to be a PC app to alter the settings but I cant´t find the post with a link to that application.

Anyone who can direct me to the correct post.

Cheers

https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threa...-control-configure-from-pc-win-lin-mac.11206/

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there a way to increase the bitrate for the 240fps mode too? It seems that this mode can't be modified, or am I wrong?

When i record with 1080 50fps and 30mbit, after a few seconds the camera sometimes falls back to 18MBit !?
i'm having same problem with last firmware, it records some videos at 35Mbps and others in 19 to 28 Mbps VBR i don't know why, i will try with previous firmware version.

Hi Pablo. I had the same problem so I modified the firmware to CBR, and now I have 35 all the time. If you have Z32S check my post I put a download link (35/30/25Mb/s CBR on all modes)

on linux you can use wine or virtualbox. Same for OSX.
Still need Windows with Virtualbox.
Wine - I put a lot of time & effort into that, without success. Gave up.

hello guy,

Im looking for some autoexec.ash to make 18Mbps for 1920x1080 @ 30fps
I running stock 1.1.0 fw and i don't want to change to a costume. Can some one explain me how to make this file, or can some one post it? Thanks

Can someone change the Z23s CFW 180p 60FPS to 30Mbps/s please? i think i'm overloading something, i get a lot of stutter.
:P

Back