Yi 4k custom bitrate mod and telnet.

I have tried the 4K ultra at 3840x2880 120MBPS and my camera crashes. I went down to 3720x2790 and I was able to record for several minutes with no crash.

c

Cool. Any solution to set such expanded resolution in the normal 4K mode (i.e. with the Wide FOV and not with the UltraWide FOV, as happens in the 4K Ultra mode?

Like Ar1 I prefer to maintain the 4:3 aspect ratio to avoid the stretched (squished) look of the 4k ultra mode, and has he mentioned the 4:3 FOV gives you more latitude for editing. Once 4k ultra's output is proper 4:3, the distortion is the same as 4K wide mode, which is just a crop of the full (4000x3000) capture.

Like Ar1 I prefer to maintain the 4:3 aspect ratio to avoid the stretched (squished) look of the 4k ultra mode, and has he mentioned the 4:3 FOV gives you more latitude for editing. Once 4k ultra's output is proper 4:3, the distortion is the same as 4K wide mode, which is just a crop of the full (4000x3000) capture.

but...can u set 4000x3000, or does it crash?

and...if I use the line proposed by Ar1 (i.e. writel 0xA0637AD4 0x0B400F00), and I want to use bitrate at 120Mbit, shall I still set the Ultra 4K bitrate to 120Mbit by adding a second line (i.e. writew 0xA063132E 0x42E8) ?

Good afternoon.
My English is very bad. Google translator is my friend.
I want the camera to work better at 1080 120 fps.
I do not know how to put that modification that you have put.
Can someone tell me how to do it?

YI 4k ...telnet not working... i can ping it.. and i have the empty file... console_enable.script but no succes... used this command: open 192.168.42.1 7878
firmware 14.14 any suggestions?

"telnet port is 23 not 7878"

Yes i know but i need to open the json port to send the shutter command...

I have settled for 3840x2880 in 4K ultra 24 fps ("writel 0xA0637AD4 0x0B400F00"), instead of 4000x2700

Thank you! But where you find this addresses and values for this resolution, is any table of them or where?

c

Cool. Any solution to set such expanded resolution in the normal 4K mode (i.e. with the Wide FOV and not with the UltraWide FOV, as happens in the 4K Ultra mode?

Yes, i need it too very much. Ultra mode make some nonlinear distortion, that didn't give me proper stitch vr video. I use 2pcs yi4k with 220-lens. But when i stitch videos from 4k mode it is too small pixels in border. It will super if it is any way to add some resolution in 4k mode (like 3840 to 2300 pixels or more). If i use 4k ultra mode (with this mod or without) - video have nonlinear distortions, that i can't fix in any softwery.

Hello is there any you can post ,firmware 1.40. Bitrate hack back up again, I wish I had keep it ,cause I really don't like. Firmware 1.4.14 , the ISO and exposure is set to high

Hello is there any you can post ,firmware 1.40. Bitrate hack back up again, I wish I had keep it ,cause I really don't like. Firmware 1.4.14 , the ISO and exposure is set to high

I didn't remove the one for firmware 1.4, the link is in the readme, scroll down.

Has 120Mbit vs 100Mbit bitrate quality difference? Or its only placebo change?

Any chance to make it working on the latest FW (1.4.23) ? Thanks for any reply!

Mods have been updated to firmware 1.4.23, let me know if something broke.

The timer shows the recording time as without the script. When I start recording then the correct remaining time appears. Someone like that too? (FW 1.4.23)

The timer shows the recording time as without the script. When I start recording then the correct remaining time appears. Someone like that too? (FW 1.4.23)

Not sure what you mean....if you refer that the script does not make the Xiaomi Yi 4K to recalculate the maximum registration time available in the memory card when considering an increased bitrate, I noticed that too, but I guess this is normal (probably the simple algorithm which provides the time available in the memory card is based on the fixed bitrate of 50Mbit, and provides the time by dividing the available space in the card by the bitrate). I do not think this is a big deal, unless you approach the end of the space available in the card....in such case I do not know if you end up with an error message or, in case you have not set the card to split the files in 4Gb chunks, you might end up corrupting the last recorded file.....). Have not tried it yet....as with my 128Gb is difficult to make it full (as I usually empty it in the evening....).

Mods have been updated to firmware 1.4.23, let me know if something broke.
Excellent for the 4K (have not tested other settings). And the new firmware also improves compatibility with SD cards a lot (now the cheap, but extremely fast, Toshiba Exceria U3 128Gb works well, even with a modded bitrate set to 100Mbit) :)
Only issue with the modded 4K Superview to 4000x2700 which crashes on my Yi (corrupted file).

Last edited:
Hey guys,
Had fun poking around via telnet. I'm a bit out of my league with busybox, I don't know the rules with embedded linux, but I did notice ftpd is present! Considering the increased file sizes with these bitrate hacks, it would be awesome to have a script automatically offload files to a portable NAS / wifi drive via FTP when its idle.

Last edited:
Back