Yi Dash Cam resolution problem

sone983

Reaction score
Country
Serbia
Dash Cam
Yi dashcam,VIOFO WR 1
It is a US/International version of Xiaoyi dash cam.This video is urgent recording in a 1920x1080 60P resolution.There is a problem with picture shaking while recording only in this resolution(in other resolution,everything is OK).Can anyone help me with this problem,maybe someone have/had the same problem with recording in this resolution.It is not a holder cup problem,because you can look my other videos on the same Youtube chanel in another resolutions,no shaking.Sorry for my bad english,I hope you would understand meMaybe I explain it wrong,it'not shaking,it's more look like a waves going from up to down the screen.Maybe I explain it wrong,it'not shaking,it's more look like a waves going from up to down the screen.

You should buy the domestic Chinese version of the camera.

The US version is designed for 60 Hz power. You live in a country with 50 Hz power so you're seeing flicker with the 1080P60 setting. The Chinese version of the camera has shutter speed settings for 50 Hz countries.

I can not understand what this has to do with the voltage used in my country.I use my camera in the car and not my home.In USA you use 50Hz and 60Hz voltage both.I bought an International version of camera(not US only)with the US(not CN-Chinese)firmware in it.So I don't realize how volatage or power has anything to do with flickering.I use my dashcam in Renault Megane and it suplies with power from a car lighter socket,and I think power socket output is the same in Serbia,USA and China.

Is that the flicker from the frequency of the street lighting?

Is that the flicker from the frequency of the street lighting?
I think it is,flickering is bigger when a dashcam is turn to the street lights and smaller when it' not turn to street lights.

The flicker problem is coming from the street lights. The power system in Serbia is 50 Hz. In US/Canada, it is 60 Hz; we do not have 50 Hz. In short, the only solution is if you can load the CN firmware onto your US camera.

The problem is the US version of the camera is designed for 60 Hz. The Chinese version is designed for 50 Hz. On some dash cameras, there is a setting to switch between 50 and 60 Hz but not on the Xiaoyi.

Maybe this will help you understand the problem better: http://www.red.com/learn/red-101/flicker-free-video-tutorial

Sorry,my mistake,I understand now what are you talking about and thank you for your help and your answers,they were very helpful for me.I don't want to change firmware from US to CN version,I simply change resolution to 1080 30FPS instead of 60FPS when recording during night.I was thinking there is some problem with my camera,maybe a blur/lense/focus problem.Greetings.

Back