Yi dashcam not powering on

jake88

Reaction score
Country
United States
Just got my Yi Dash cam, it powered on great when I first got it, but then it asked to do a firmware upgrade. I followed the instructions, then after that, it wouldn't power back on. Has anyone had this issue? when I plug it into the power, only the red LED is on, there used to be a yellow one that also comes on as well.

Is there a way to hard reset or anything like that? I know the Yi Action cam has a way to unbrick using the elf file, but I can't see anything for this Yi DashCam.

try installing the older firmware, if it's a China version and you tried installing the English firmware it won't work

Definitely did not install the international firmware...it's the Chinese one. I would love to try and reinstall the old firmware, except it won't power on, so can install anything.

I have the same problem. The new firmware basically froze everything, couldn't connect to app, couldn't format sd card etc.

Is it same like mine? Can't turn on when unplug? My stamp date keep back to 1st jan 2016 everytime I restart car.. Frustrated

Must be quality control issue, I updated to the newest US firmware and the dash cam operates as normal as it did first day I got it.

Back