Yi out of the box problem with 2k and formatting SD.

boczek150

Reaction score
Country
Poland
Hello!

Today I received awaited Yi camera. Serial no. Z221. I am using it with SanDisk Extreme 32 GB card.
First what i did was firmware update - formated card in my PC to fat32, downloaded latest firmware, renamed to firmware.bin and put on root of sd (i also checked MD5 and it was all right). Update lasted about 30 sec (no more possibly less).

First the camera didnt want to record anything. I got beep beep beep sound. On mobile app it occured that card should be formated (no matter it already was on PC). I did format through mobile app and everything seemed to be allright. But when i tried to watch records made in 2k res i got nothing more than blurry screen (my phone didnt want to play it at all) i treid also PC and raspbery pi with KODI. It occured that when i switched to fullHD recordings seem to be legit.

I also tried fo format sd card in PC again but the camera didnt recognize it and i had to format it through mobile app again.

Do You possibly have any suggestions concernign films in 2k or formatting the card through camera only? Maybe i should do the update again?

Thanks for any help.

Very sorry for doubled post (admin pls delete one).

Back