Yi out of the box problem with 2k and formatting SD.

boczek150

Reaction score
Country
Poland
Hello!

Today I received awaited Yi camera. Serial no. Z221. I am using it with SanDisk Extreme 32 GB card.
First what i did was firmware update - formated card in my PC to fat32, downloaded latest firmware, renamed to firmware.bin and put on root of sd (i also checked MD5 and it was all right). Update lasted about 30 sec (no more possibly less).

First the camera didnt want to record anything. I got beep beep beep sound. On mobile app it occured that card should be formated (no matter it already was on PC). I did format through mobile app and everything seemed to be allright. But when i tried to watch records made in 2k res i got nothing more than blurry screen (my phone didnt want to play it at all) i treid also PC and raspbery pi with KODI. It occured that when i switched to fullHD recordings seem to be legit.

I also tried fo format sd card in PC again but the camera didnt recognize it and i had to format it through mobile app again.

Do You possibly have any suggestions concernign films in 2k or formatting the card through camera only? Maybe i should do the update again?

Thanks for any help.

Try playing videos with mx player on the phone... On a pc, be sure you have all the codecs updated and try with vlc player....

... Maybe i should do the update again? ...
Yeah. Do the manual update and give it some time. The camera will turn itself off when it's done. 30 seconds is way too short.

Mx player helped on the phone. Seems ist the matter of codecs/PC hardware not the camera (thanks Ghetto). Still when i play 2k film on my Motorola G i get some sound issiues. Every couple seconds the sound disappeares for a moment. But maybe that is because of Moto G is to weak to play 2k films? I'll do some more testing tommorow.

As for the update Squeamish i did it manually (just as i written before) and i waited untill beeping stops and camera goes off.

... As for the update Squeamish i did it manually (just as i written before) and i waited until beeping stops and camera goes off.
Sill, I would try it again. Maybe even try one of the modified versions being posted by members. You can always go back.

1. Any ideas abut that xiaomi yi dont recognize sd card formatted on PC?
2. Does Yi format card to fat 32 or exfat?

If i put my Yi formatted card to PC it still shows fat32. I generally read that fat32 is better than exfat.

Back