You said it "KK"

You finally let your inner viking free:D:LOL:

Much the same here sometimes. Cyclists officially have the right to use the entire lane space, but it takes absolutely nothing at all to be considerate enough to move into the side to allow vehicles past that are fast enough to drive at the speed limit.

If only cars did the same on our motorways

Here you are not allowed to cycle side by side on a road like that, you have to go single file, i even think its the same on a bicycle path and also why there are double wide bicycle paths in Copenhagen nicknamed "conversation bicycle paths"
On a road like this cyclists are to keep as far right as they can and be careful, the speed limit here are 80 km/h and that make you to a bloody pulp if you get hit.
Most do it and are aware and just fall back behind each other when they see / hear a car, this 2 old ladies dident hear or see squat so they should not take chances like that, and the left one also seem to be weaving back and forth.

I was sent into a ditch as a kid by a guy towing a camper and passing too close to me, the camper hit the sleeping back and tent i had on the luggage rack on the back and sent me head first into a ditch, and i was driving as far right as i could.

...Cyclists officially have the right to use the entire lane space...
Rule 66 of the UK highway code:
"never ride more than two abreast, and ride in single file on narrow or busy roads and when riding round bends"

Rule 67:
"be aware of traffic coming up behind you"

Rule 168
Being overtaken. If a driver is trying to overtake you, maintain a steady course and speed, slowing down if necessary to let the vehicle pass. Never obstruct drivers who wish to pass. Speeding up or driving unpredictably while someone is overtaking you is dangerous. Drop back to maintain a two-second gap if someone overtakes and pulls into the gap in front of you.

Rule 169
Do not hold up a long queue of traffic, especially if you are driving a large or slow-moving vehicle. Check your mirrors frequently, and if necessary, pull in where it is safe and let traffic pass.

I recon the OP counts as a narrow road, certainly wasn't enough space for KK to pass without crossing onto the other side of the road, he did want to pass and they were obstructing him and holding him up!

this 2 old ladies dident hear or see squat so they should not take chances like that, and the left one also seem to be weaving back and forth.
This is what your car horn is for, a short press to let them know you are there, but not enough to make them fall off! If you have a big air horn then drop back a bit first :D

I did slow down and sit there for a while, and contemplating giving the horn a quick push.
But that damn gentleman came up in me again, so just did the pass nice and easy.

But i still stand my my statement that people in that age should know better, they are from when things was normal and not going sick like now.

Had they been driving single file i would have passed them at a higher speed for sure, and still all the way over in the other lane, i always do my best to pass cyclists and people walking that way, anything else would be inconsiderate in my book.

You said elderly. From this I may expect:
- hearing impairment
- tunnel vision
- suicide by vehicle

Yes i have forsaken my native language, dont use it unless i am forced to.
Have been dreaming about living a english speaking place for decades, hope the lotto gods make that possible very soon.

This is no joke
IMG_20180322_141248.JPG

Yeah thats really bad.

I am told the mega jackpot winners in the US some times dont dare to collect their winnings as in some states it can not be done anonymous, and a few lotto winners have been killed over the money.
with 90 mill euros they would not be able to see my ass for the soles of my feet as i ran out of here.

Now at my age and health i can only contribute with my presence, and as far as i know that will not get me far in the US.
Otherwise you guys are on the list for sure, cuz you are my kind of crazy (y) and the language i can do just fine to get buy.
Dont even need 90 mill euros, i am 51 and i dont expect to become much older, and i dont need a lavish lifestyle just a little roof over my head - food in my stomach - and a new toy once in a while, and some nice people to hang out with.

Daft man! 51? Not much older?

I'll see you here when your 61 my friend I hope! (If not, PM me why!!!)

Methinks KK should great patience in waiting - and just tossed the VikingWords in for effect!!!! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

reminds me of a time some school kids (probably early teens) were riding 5 abreast, completely blocking both lanes of the road in a neighborhood. i gave a light tap on the horn because they were talking loudly and honestly may not have heard me... a couple of them turned around and laughed, and they continued blocking the road. i gave em a few more seconds, tapped the horn again. this time they laughed more and aflipped me the bird. ok, so... I fell back another 100 ft or so, then put in the clutch, floored the gas and started bouncing off the rev limiter... popped the clutch for a split second and put it right back in, just to bark the tires (i was already in 1st gear because they were going so slow). Lo and behold, they suddenly remembered how to ride on the side of the road, single file!

I was on a steep, twisty, narrow road up to a hill top Buddha statue a few days ago, and a bicyclist was chugging slowly away, barely moving. When I passed him I could see he was in his 70's. On a modern fancy bike, correct biker togs. 8% upgrade and he was still rolling. You rock, Grandpa! I was breathing hard pushing the gas pedal down to get the car up the hill. :)

This is what your car horn is for, a short press to let them know you are there, but not enough to make them fall off! If you have a big air horn then drop back a bit first :D
Yes. Better to have them shake their fist at you for daring to warn them, than have one wobble in front of you.
It would also have been safer to overtake sooner. That's the price you pay for being too nice!!!

Back