Your Thoughts about Showing Dash Cam Footage at Accident Scene

Nigel

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Gitup F1, A129, B1W, B2W
So the Govt lecturing us on why the 2-3 buffer was dropped "That speed is the limit - it is not appropriate to have a buffer" actually signs off on a manufacturing standard of +- 10%.
Here, that problem is solved simply by removing the '-'.
So the speedometer always has to over-read by some amount, I'm surprised yours isn't the same.

old4570

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Dash Cam
Front: 70MAI , Ausdom A261, Mini 0826 , Rear: A118c
Hmmm , Mine is spot on !

SawMaster

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
G1W-S, G1W-HC, G1W clone, B1W, N2 Pro, K2S, B2W, (ex Mobius)
The quoted US spec may be old. I'm given to understand that with newer cars here the speedometer may never read slower than the car is going.

Phil

hwka

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Dash Cam
Blackvue DR900S -2ch/ Power Magic Pro with Fuse Taps
Good point. I think I saw somewhere that the 900S has that feature - must chase that up.
But I have used a 3790Nuvi Garmin GPS in the 1998 Ford for many years with the Ford Cruise Control.
Great results. Dropouts in the tunnels though.

kamkar1

Reaction score
Country
Denmark
Dash Cam
10 years, many dashcams
For speed i use the Waze like local app ( speed traps ) on my phone, i normally have that on for longer drives, not cuz i speed on purpose, but i have no problem drifting both up and down in speed when i drive.
So +10 or -10 km/h are no problem to do some times, which can be problematic as i do my best to be right on the sped limit.

Good example in my latest upload, i don't know why but right here on this 80km/h road i often speed a little, and at first i taught it was due to the road slope a little, but that's not it cuz i tend to speed here in both directions if i am not careful.

BUT ! i dont want any speed warning bing or bongs, i just need to get my head out of my ass and pay attention,,,,,, and it have also gotten better on that stretch or road, but still room for improvements.

hwka

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Dash Cam
Blackvue DR900S -2ch/ Power Magic Pro with Fuse Taps
The quoted US spec may be old. I'm given to understand that with newer cars here the speedometer may never read slower than the car is going.

Phil
It is old - 2005.
But the legislation might be current and thus still enforceable.
Never underestimate the stupidity of bureaucracy.
I mentioned it to illustrate the disconnect of holding the motorist to a standard or speed limit yet knowingly not provide the motorist with the instrumentation to do so.