Z22L configuration

Not-Exist

Reaction score
Country
Israel
Hello every body.
Got my yi yesterday.
My hope was that ill get z23l version, and all the info that ive read befor was on that version.
Now im starting with zero information.
Im really tring to find what shuld i do do make this camera better, but there is to much information and versions and scripts.

Ive got some questions, please dont egnor it, im know that it was aked many times before, but there is some new oners that need guidance.

My firmware version is 1.0.12

First of all, shuld i upgraded to the newest firmware? I dont want, app and connection problems.

If i shuld upgrade, share with me ready script for 2k and 35 bit.

If i shuldent share with me script for my existing firmware version.

Im think thats all that new owner of yi z22l shuld want to know.

English is not my main language, so try to forgive me for the mistakes.
Thanx alot! [emoji16]

Last edited:
My Yi in the 22L and it seems just fine for me. I haven't had it for too long, so I suspect it's got some of the manufacturing issues worked through on it. It doesn't seem to have a muddy mic like some early versions have and came to me with the focus set up for longer distance like I wanted.

There are a couple of things about it though:

1. The L versions have an IR filter over the sensor instead of on the lens. It appears that this filter setup may be a little weaker than the on lens IR filter. Many folks has added a lens with the filter noting than an L version has no filter (it does have a filter, but it is probably a little weaker). I don't really have an issue with my L version. I would actually like to get a hold of a non L version and put a non-IR lens on it so I could use filters to either record in visible or IR

2. My 22L microphone picks up interference if Wi-Fi is one. I'm not sure if any versions have or can "fix" this issue. In reality, I only use wifi for settings and to set up aiming. Once WiFi is off, there is no interference (sounds like clicking in the audio).

My current setup is the 22L with the 35mbit firmware and the attached script for a "flatter" look and RAW stills. My primary usage is at 1296p30 with the flatter look so that I can adjust in Post-processing. It's probably not the script you want if you just want to be able to post video straight from the camera without any adjustment though.

Attachments

• autoexec.zip
    324 bytes · Views: 9
Ty, mrbwa1.
Ive forget to write my firmware version: 1.0.12

Many folks has added a lens with the filter noting than an L version has no filter (it does have a filter, but it is probably a little weaker)
...i and the most people here in forum know that the l versions supposedly has an sensor with IR filter (but not visible in footages, for example make a foto of an switching ir remote and you will see violet ir colours), but upgrading with replacement lens + ir Filter you will have an even better and phantastic footage without blurrring, violet picture mistakes and no white shadows making footages against sun! The best quality audio and video in all situations has 23L with replacement lens. I and other users tested that. If you want the best of your xiaomi replace your lens. The 23L instead 22L also has a better microphone and no audio problems using wifi, its the newest version you can get. The focus of the l-versions are better adjusted from factory, but despite of that sometimes you could tune the sharpness by refocussing lens. Using 2k resolution with 35 or 40mbits and the result is perfect.
lg gente

...i and the most people here in forum know that the l versions supposedly has an sensor with IR filter (but not visible in footages, for example make a foto of an switching ir remote and you will see violet ir colours), but upgrading with replacement lens + ir Filter you will have an even better and phantastic footage without blurrring, violet picture mistakes and no white shadows making footages against sun! The best quality audio and video in all situations has 23L with replacement lens. I and other users tested that. If you want the best of your xiaomi replace your lens. The 23L instead 22L also has a better microphone and no audio problems using wifi, its the newest version you can get. The focus of the l-versions are better adjusted from factory, but despite of that sometimes you could tune the sharpness by refocussing lens. Using 2k resolution with 35 or 40mbits and the result is perfect.
lg gente

I would agree that the on-chip IR filter of the L series seems to be a little on the weaker side. I could offer a few guesses as to why they would go to an on chip IR filter, but the reality is that the chips probably came to Xaomi that way, so it was one less part to add.

I don't find the video to be terribly objectionable, however I do agree that most of the samples I have seen for comparison show that the double IR filter setups looks best. I can detect some hints of IR on my 22L, but it is honestly nowhere near as bad as many of the examples I have seen on the various forums. It also helps that mine came from the factory with the focus set for distance, so I didn't have to refocus. If I had to refocus, I would probably go ahead and swap out lenses.

That said, I think the #1 thing to do id the modified 35Mbit firmware. 1296p30 @ 35Mbit just looks awesome. good to hear that the 23L has the wifi mic fix, though I'm still not sure I would have much use for that as the WiFi will cripple my Quadcoptor. lol

Z22L using v1.2.13 can't preview 2K video, must download to phone first.

lg gente

is 2k video worth it tho? it only has 30fps compared to the 1080p 60fps..

Back