Zenfox T3 Triple channel dash cams free test invitation, limited quantity

not sure the issue is actually going to be resolved like this

I tend to believe the same... I think it will improve the heat conductivity but I'm afraid it will still shut down. As I have said before, I think it needs a combination of hardware (cooling system work) and software.

@jokiin

1. Does the Street Guardian utilize an EMI Shield?

2. If the EMI shield is removed, couldn't the T3 wreak havoc on my electronics in the vehicle? I.E. it sits side by side to my Viofo.
1. we use them on some models where required
2. unlikely

This is part of my setup. Will see what happens after assembling...20200707_172415.jpg20200707_172354.jpg20200707_172623.jpg

The copper spacer is .8mm x20 x36. I had to cut with a dremel tool and reduce the thickness by sanding it down.

1. we use them on some models where required
2. unlikely

and #3?

3. If I install the EMI Shield and purchase a 1.2MM copper Plate, can I fill that Gap Space between the Plate and EMI shield with Thermal Paste? As I believe the actual gap is closer to around 1.7mm. I don't think double stacking copper plates is an ideal situation. Plus if I order them, I'll just get the 1.2mm

Can I make up any gap with thermal paste?

The copper spacer is .8mm x20 x36. I had to cut with a dremel tool and reduce the thickness by sanding it down.

Did you order a 20x20mm??? OR where did you order your copper plate? I stuck a penny on the SOC and the emi still fit over it. Google said pennt was 1.52 mm thick. So does the .8mm spacer still have room?

Do you think this one (black one) could do better even though it is smaller in size? I removed this one from a bad tv main board a while back.20200707_202906.jpg20200707_202958.jpg

Nice.

Is your yellow microfiber cloth anti-static?

Normally microfibre cloths generate static, that is how they pick up dust, and it is normally recommended to keep PCBs away from static electricity.

Do you think this one (black one) could do better even though it is smaller in size? I removed this one from a bad tv main board a while back.
Black radiates heat better, if you are not having a fan then yes, go for the black one.

Did you order a 20x20mm??? OR where did you order your copper plate? I stuck a penny on the SOC and the emi still fit over it. Google said pennt was 1.52 mm thick. So does the .8mm spacer still have room?
You will laugh if I tell you what I did and all the work I have put to this thing...
I couldn't find anything online that would satisfy me. So the creative side of me kicked in.

Is your yellow microfiber cloth anti-static?
:oops:o_O:eek::eek::eek: it is microfiber cloth... I hope I haven't friend this thing!.
I'm glad you told me that. If it doesn't longer work now I know probably shocked the heck out of it...

Black radiates heat better, if you are not having a fan then yes, go for the black one.
I'm planning on using a fan that I order later on. If it still alive of course. The fan is 18mm x 18mm x 4mm.

:oops:o_O:eek::eek::eek: it is microfiber cloth... I hope I haven't friend this thing!.
I'm glad you told me that. If it doesn't longer work now I know probably shocked the heck out of it...
You are probably OK, but never put individual chips/transistors/etc. on a microfibre cloth, and I suggest you stop using it.

My easiest source of copper is water pipe...

You will laugh if I tell you what I did and all the work I have put to this thing...
I couldn't find anything online that would satisfy me. So the creative side of me kicked in.

Ok, but i do need an answer please.

I placed a Penny on the SOC per my picture. The U.S. Mint says a penny is 1.52mm thick. So how is your .8mm thick spacer doing? Is it too tall or too short? I am going to order a 20x20mm copper plate but only if people can elaborate a bit further and answer my questions.

@Nigel I am not positive 2 x 8mm spacers with thermal paste in between would work well. I think it would probably be less efficient than say 1.2mm spacer with a little extra thermal paste.

Waiting for jokiin to weigh in before I order anything.

don't think that's correct, from memory that processor can't do three channels

Saw at least three cam review sites I found via a google search saying that. I clicked on one and that page said it too. Can't find anything on Vantrue's site.

Personally I do not know as I've never opened one up but when several places say the same thing it's usually right. Not always, just usually. Maybe someone else has seen it directly and can verify either way.

Phil

Ok, but i do need an answer please.

I placed a Penny on the SOC per my picture. The U.S. Mint says a penny is 1.52mm thick. So how is your .8mm thick spacer doing? Is it too tall or too short? I am going to order a 20x20mm copper plate but only if people can elaborate a bit further and answer my questions.

@Nigel I am not positive 2 x 8mm spacers with thermal paste in between would work well. I think it would probably be less efficient than say 1.2mm spacer with a little extra thermal paste.

Waiting for jokiin to way in before I order anything.
You provably don't want to choose this path, but I used a 3/4 piece of pipe and cut it in half, then flattened it as straight as I could. It took a lot of had sanding to remove surface unevenness and polished at the end. That is the only way I could get what I wanted. 20200707_172802.jpg

You provably don't want to choose this path, but I used a 3/4 piece of pipe and cut it in half, then flattened it as straight as I could. It took a lot of had sanding to remove surface unevenness and polished at the end. That is the only way I could get what I wanted. View attachment 52550

and that is .8mm thick? Is there too much or not enough space to fit under EMI shield? Or are you not using EMI shield?

You provably don't want to choose this path, but I used a 3/4 piece of pipe and cut it in half, then flattened it as straight as I could. It took a lot of had sanding to remove surface unevenness and polished at the end. That is the only way I could get what I wanted. View attachment 52550
In my case, I could have stopped at .9 which is just a hair and could have been perfect.

You are probably OK, but never put individual chips/transistors/etc. on a microfibre cloth, and I suggest you stop using it.

My easiest source of copper is water pipe...
Microfeeeever is gone...

The copper in water tube has a minimum purity of 99.9% copper (including minute amounts of silver), making it one of the purest of any of the common metals in commercial use. The level of purity is specified in the American Society for Testing and Materials' standard specification: ASTM B 88, Specification for Seamless Copper Water Tube. Water tube used for domestic service in the U.S. is governed by the requirements of this specification.

Back