New 2104 FW v1.12.02 Download link & Video vs v1.11.13 vs v1.08.05

niko

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Dash Cam
Street Guardian UK / EU / EEA Distributor
After 1 week of tests I can confirm that new 2014 FW v1.12.02 for Panorama II works flawlessly, so I can share it to the public.

New firmware has combined all the best from previouse firmwares:

1. good night vision recording from v1.08.05
2. gps time zone settings + files folders from v1.11.13

Also it has a new start-up logo and new main menu interface design ( icons )

Video overview and comparison of all 3 Firmware versions

a2.jpg

3 x Panorama II all with 3 different FW versions installed in my car for side by side tests.

a1.jpg

Side by Side video comparison of all 3 firmware versions

NIGHT

Top Left: v1.08.05
Top Right: v1.11.13 ( Beta )
Bottom Centre: 2014 FW v1.12.02

DAY

Top Left: v1.08.05
Top Right: v1.11.13 ( Beta )
Bottom Centre: 2014 FW v1.12.02

P.S. - In my videos Panorama II with FW v1.08.05 had not GPS antenna attached and I forgot to synchronize time with other two versions.

------------------------------------------------------------------

New firmware v1.12.02 you may download it from HERE

NB! To update to a new firmware correctly, please watch my video

Last edited:
Niko thank you very much!!! Wow that takes a bunch of time to review and explain and make a video montage for screen comparison. Thanks again for all of your hard work.

Niko thank you very much!!! Wow that takes a bunch of time to review and explain and make a video montage for screen comparison. Thanks again for all of your hard work.

You are welcome !
Yes, it does take days / weeks to driver around, test, compare, etc.
I still didn't had time to post comparison screenshots and original filesfor full overview like I did HERE with v1.11.13, but will do soon, thats why I reserved 5 posts for this ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Niko thanks for firmware and review. Looked your daytime and nighttime video in comparison. Strange, but it seemed to me that the night video from v.1.8.05 better than v.1.12.02 (although it outlines of houses at night is better viewed than v.1.08.05). A video on the day v.1.12.02 without doubts become better. Guys gives his opinion. Maybe I'm wrong?
P.S. If night video v.1.11.13 some adjustment to do a little lighter would be nice picture!

Last edited:
Niko thanks for firmware and review. Looked your daytime and nighttime video in comparison. Strange, but it seemed to me that the night video from v.1.8.05 better than v.1.12.02 (although it outlines of houses at night is better viewed than v.1.08.05). A video on the day v.1.12.02 without doubts become better. Guys gives his opinion. Maybe I'm wrong?

Thanks for feedback. I will do screenshots soon and share original files soon, so we all can discuss. Public opinion is always welcome !

Good afternoon. Nico and thank you very much for the work of the developer. Download and install new firmware v.1.12.02. A beautiful screen saver menu just super. Do test 7-14 days and write their results and lay out the video (day, night).

You are welcome !
I am also do respect hard job of Powerucc who constantly working on firmware and other improvement in order to keep product up to high quality and competitive standards.
And I like that developer ( @Sungmoon Jang ) is joined forum and listens to us quickly reacting to changes which need to be done.

I wish more developers and vendors likes of @jokiin, @FoxOffer etc. would be presented here in person in order to have close relationship with end consumer and to know what are our concerns, feedback, proposals etc.

I do think, DCT beeing one of the most popular English-speaking dashcam forums, other developers and vendors for sure reading it, but unfortunatly they are probably not brave enough to be as active as they should be. Only some time promoting their product ( which is good ), but when it comes to solving problems, - they hide away :(. But thats their choice. We all do our own conclusions from this ;)

OK, yours and other Panorama 2 users feedback will be slways welcome.
Keep in touch.

Thanks for your full test. On the dash cam compare, it still have bug report even I fixed. Is there no ways to erase the known bug if it is fixed?..
Hope to be considered.

Thanks for your full test. On the dash cam compare, it still have bug report even I fixed. Is there no ways to erase the known bug if it is fixed?..
Hope to be considered.

Sorry, I did not quite understood. What kind of bug it is ? Can you explain in more detailed and simple way step by step, because after 1 week of test I did not see any errors ( bugs ) which could be related to performance or video recording. Maybe I missed something or don't quite understand what do you mean.

Sorry, I did not quite understood. What kind of bug it is ? Can you explain in more detailed and simple way step by step, because after 1 week of test I did not see any errors ( bugs ) which could be related to performance or video recording. Maybe I missed something or don't quite understand what do you mean.
Oh,,,I just talk about gps issue which is mentioned on 1.08.05 . The reported bug which happen on old version firmware can not be erase? It still on the panorama2 page. People should think it still have problem.

Oh,,,I just talk about gps issue which is mentioned on 1.08.05 . The reported bug which happen on old version firmware can not be erase? It still on the panorama2 page. People should think it still have problem.
Good afternoon. Vozhmozhno you write about that issue that arose in me personally on firmware v.1.08.05. If necessary I'll remove your links about firmware v.1.08.05.

Good afternoon. Vozhmozhno you write about that issue that arose in me personally on firmware v.1.08.05. If necessary I'll remove your links about firmware v.1.08.05.
I just talk about known problem.
Never mind

Ok. I think I understand what you mean:
The front page of forum says Panorama II has gps time shift bug with v1.08.05, but because new FW v1.12.02 fixed all, there are no bugs any more and main page info should be changed, - is it correct ?

Ok. I think I understand what you mean:
The front page of forum says Panorama II has gps time shift bug with v1.08.05, but because new FW v1.12.02 fixed all, there are no bugs any more and main page info should be changed, - is it correct ?
Exactly

Yay! Thanks!
Soo, whats the largest capacity SD Card this will take now? Anyone got a 128GB to try?

Yay! Thanks!
Soo, whats the largest capacity SD Card this will take now? Anyone got a 128GB to try?

I have tested 64gb, works fine.
Developer confirmed 128gb also works. The only thing at the moment 64 and 128gb can not be formatted inside Panorama II. You have to format on PC.

I am not sure if its hardware limitations ( probably not?), or maybe with future Firmware updates formatting will be possible?. Need to ask from @Sungmoon Jang

Developer confirmed 128gb also works. The only thing at the moment 64 and 128gb can not be formatted inside Panorama II. You have to format on PC.

I am not sure if its hardware limitations ( probably not?), or maybe with future Firmware updates formatting will be possible?. Need to ask from @Sungmoon Jang
Hi, I test trancend 128g, during 7 days aging test, it has no any issue. Recommand to format by utility program.

Good afternoon. Of.sayte appeared on the link address which can otfarmatirovat on the PC.
City Administrator on 2014-02-05 10:37:31 Name
Title [program] FAT32 format program the link address. Attachments
[Program] FAT32 format program the link address.

What is FAT32? - Format system memory PANORAMA Ⅱ (panorama 2) model, the memory is formatted using FAT32, 64GB or 128GB of memory that you no longer use.

Verbatim FAT32 Tool program download link address - http://www.verbatim.com/index/search.php?words=fat32 tool&lang_id=1&basic_search_form_submit.x=0&basic_search_form_submit.y=0

Go to Utility Resources up 24 times a link has been placed.

Thank you.

Last edited:
Back