G1WH - screen protect & power off issue

yrn11

Reaction score
Country
Israel
Hi,

I've just received my G1WH and for some reason I am having difficulties on configuring the screen protect and auto power off.
- screen protect: no matter what config I've tried it just won't work. set it to 3, 5 , 10 min - no luck.
- auto power off: I've set it to 3 min, and the unit shuts down after 10 sec after unplugging it (unit is fully charged).

anybody had this issues? any assistant will be highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Yaron.

Auto power off is for when not recording, if a recording is active and you remove power the camera will stop the recording, save the file and then shutdown within a few seconds

Auto power off is for when not recording, if a recording is active and you remove power the camera will stop the recording, save the file and then shutdown within a few seconds

thanks, do you have any idea about the screen protect?

Screen saver settings are usually something like 1min, 3min, off, are you sure about that setting?

Screen saver settings are usually something like 1min, 3min, off, are you sure about that setting?

Yes, on the G1WH it is called screen protect and there are the options of 3,5,10, off.
tried them all with no luck...

What version firmware do you have?

also where did you get this particular unit?

I'm also having the same issue with my G1W-C

Firmware 2013.1112.18

It is certainly called "Screen Saver" in this version. Had it set to Off, yet still remains on. Did 3 min, also, yet after 3 min, still stays on.

I'm also having the same issue with my G1W-C

Firmware 2013.1112.18

It is certainly called "Screen Saver" in this version. Had it set to Off, yet still remains on. Did 3 min, also, yet after 3 min, still stays on.

I've succeeded to configure it, set motion detection and g-sensor to off and now it works fine.

is there a parking mode feature for this camera ? are we able to hardwire it with a power magic pro ?

Thanks

I've succeeded to configure it, set motion detection and g-sensor to off and now it works fine.
I think you can try to set G-sensor to ON. On my G1W, G-Sensor is ON and I have no problem.

is there a parking mode feature for this camera ? are we able to hardwire it with a power magic pro ?Thanks
Not a real parking mode, only motion detection. The problem is that you need to enable motion detection in the menu each time you stop the car, and disable when you start driving.
The motion detection is not very useful as it detects the motion too late.
Look at this :
http://www.techmoan.com/blog/2013/6...is-best-for-catching-a-vandal-in-the-act.html

I think you can try to set G-sensor to ON. On my G1W, G-Sensor is ON and I have no problem.

Not a real parking mode, only motion detection. The problem is that you need to enable motion detection in the menu each time you stop the car, and disable when you start driving.
The motion detection is not very useful as it detects the motion too late.
Look at this :
http://www.techmoan.com/blog/2013/6...is-best-for-catching-a-vandal-in-the-act.html
Doesn't power magic allow the dashcam to always be running even if the car is turned off ? Except the g1wh has no capacitor so the battery would get hot increasing the chances if it exploding right ?

You are right.
@jokiin always suggests not to power a dashcam equipped with Lipo battery permanently.
If you want to record 24/7, you can choose the G1W-C.

My G1WH was working okay (since Feb), but few weeks ago it started not turning on after I started the car, I had to manually turn on almost every time.
I just flashed with a new firmware (2014.0108) and I will check if the problem still exist. I hope not.

Nope. didnt help :(

Battery issue ?

Back