Mobius mounting solutions

Last edited by a moderator:
is there a way to mount it on the rear-view mirror?
maybe using the bicycle mount?

I don't see your replay for some reason Jim.
The problem with valcro or other glueing technics Is that you can't edjust where the camera is pointing. Turning the rearview mirror will screw camera aligning.

My simple install.
I had to install it a little below the mirror, which works out perfect because I can see the light and knows it's filming. I also had to install a 3 plug cigarette lighter extension because of my Satellite radio, which is a must for me here in Mexico. Im ordering an upangle USB extension as per @Gurkha9 to clean up the wire a bit
View attachment 3379

Which sticky mount did you use for your Mobius? I'm looking for a sticky mount that is very low profile and will make the Mobius protrude as little as possible on my windshield.

I bought mine from Spytec but it only came with the suction mount. While its not huge, I would like it to be less bulky and don't mind a permanent sticky mount at all.

Which sticky mount did you use for your Mobius? I'm looking for a sticky mount that is very low profile and will make the Mobius protrude as little as possible on my windshield.

I bought mine from Spytec but it only came with the suction mount. While its not huge, I would like it to be less bulky and don't mind a permanent sticky mount at all.
It was a dash cam package. I asked SpyTec to swap the suction for the sticky, so it's the Mobius one

It was a dash cam package. I asked SpyTec to swap the suction for the sticky, so it's the Mobius one

Ah no wonder mine came with a different one :)

I'm looking at the DR32 low profile quick release one that was posted on page 1 of this thread. Just wondering if it might be too low profile and not provide enough space or angle to get good alignment on the windshield.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/390584415012
Maybe I'll just order the sticky ones here at the same time since it takes a good 2-3 weeks for these things to arrive to me in USA:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/161054762107

Well I made this.

Some speaker wall mounts
Black Electric Tape
A 12" rod. Cut one inch.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1389815804359.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1389815804359.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 409
  • uploadfromtaptalk1389815817103.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1389815817103.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 389
  • uploadfromtaptalk1389815838049.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1389815838049.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 372
  • uploadfromtaptalk1389815849049.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1389815849049.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 352
Well I made this.

Some speaker wall mounts
Black Electric Tape
A 12" rod. Cut one inch.

Do you have a picture with it mounted in your car using your DIY mount? Something simple like that would be fine for me. Although I bet the cheap eBay mount comes out cheaper and only slightly more bulky

How close all depends on your windshield angle. That DR32 looks low profile, I just wonder if it would be too close for the Mobius

How close all depends on your windshield angle. That DR32 looks low profile, I just wonder if it would be too close for the Mobius

Agree. I do have concerns that its too low profile and wont allow space for the camera itself. Worth a shot for a few bucks though I suppose :)

Would picture quality be affected by being too close to the windshield? Extra glare? More able to pick up dirt on the windshield?

Do you have a picture with it mounted in your car using your DIY mount? Something simple like that would be fine for me. Although I bet the cheap eBay mount comes out cheaper and only slightly more bulky

Im going to mount it tomorrow. I just finished. My whole thing is to make it as stealthy as possible. This is why I used the tape to make it black. I was going to use platic dip, but couldn't find the can I used to dip my wheels. I still need to get the lens extension. Once I get that. I will cut that bracket really small.

Agree. I do have concerns that its too low profile and wont allow space for the camera itself. Worth a shot for a few bucks though I suppose :)

Would picture quality be affected by being too close to the windshield? Extra glare? More able to pick up dirt on the windshield?
I wouldn't think so, closer would probably reduce reflections and the camera filming your dashboard. I like a little space because I use one of those silver window sun shades to avoid heat and any temptation when parked.

I wouldn't think so, closer would probably reduce reflections and the camera filming your dashboard. I like a little space because I use one of those silver window sun shades to avoid heat and any temptation when parked.

Same here. I keep mine in my seat back pocket at all times.

Any suggestion or link to where to buy up angle adapter or 9-15 foot mini USB up angle cable?

The DR32 mount is only adjustable up/down but not left/right. If not mounted centrally in the windscreen, the camera will point somewhat to the left or right.

Being attached to the windscreen, it may attract unwanted attention from opportunist scumbags, & negate the otherwise near-invisibility of the tiny Mobius.

I need a longer one since my power is hard wired to my fuse box near the driver side door. So something like 9 feet so it can go across the windshield, down the driver side pillar and then into the fuse box.

Also, the short extension cable is too bulky for me to tuck into my headliner. Maybe I could make that work somehow though. Only other option I found is a 15 foot mini USB cable with 90 degree up angle for $15 USD. A little pricey but apparently there aren't alot of items like it around the Internet.

The DR32 mount is only adjustable up/down but not left/right. If not mounted centrally in the windscreen, the camera will point somewhat to the left or right.

Being attached to the windscreen, it may attract unwanted attention from opportunist scumbags, & negate the otherwise near-invisibility of the tiny Mobius.

I've experimented with different aftermarket tripod threaded mounts like this one from DX that I've used with my DR32. It allows for fairly extreme articulated adjustments in various axes. It also allows the camera to be tucked up away further from the glass and it is usually less noticeable from the outside of the vehicle because of this. The suction cup part of the mount seems to be essentially hidden by the tinted band across the top of the wind screen and I've also spray painted the mount black to hide the shiny parts. Additionally, I've painted the chrome ring around the lens of the DR32 black which also helps it look less noticeable. In fact, unless it is in direct sunlight, it looks like a nondescript black box, perhaps a GPS unit or satellite radio device of some sort. It tends to look a lot less like a camera than say my black painted GT300W. Of course, the Mobius does make for the best stealthy install though and some of the same factors described above apply.

mount.jpg

Last edited:
Back