Shadow GT680W

Just noticed an interesting bug on my gt680w. When the date changed to January 1st the year stayed on 2013. I'm running 2.4g

I did that when I noticed but now I have 3 weeks of footage that is time stamped from last year which is kind of annoying.

Yeah, that's what I'm talking about. Even Mini0801 with such crappy firmware compared to GT680W has ability to update time from GPS automatically. So you never have issues like wrong year set. I wish GT680W devs releases firmware with proper time/date handling.

Yeah, that's what I'm talking about. Even Mini0801 with such crappy firmware compared to GT680W has ability to update time from GPS automatically. So you never have issues like wrong year set. I wish GT680W devs releases firmware with proper time/date handling.

It's a pretty minor bug and 2 seconds to fix. I'm sure a firmware update will fix it.

does motion detection = parking mode? Any way to keep it running 24/7 once hardwired
do all units have noticable warping/high pitched audio noise?
is small battery a concern at all if it's hardwired?
how's seezues/shadow tech when it comes to reliability? Do they die easily in the summer months?

1.does motion detection = parking mode?
2.Any way to keep it running 24/7 once hardwired
3.do all units have noticable warping/high pitched audio noise?
4.is small battery a concern at all if it's hardwired?
5.how's seezues/shadow tech when it comes to reliability?
6.Do they die easily in the summer months?

numbered your questions to make it easier

1. not really
2. yes, menu setting
3. yes, some are worse than others though
4. yes, the battery is a point of failure
5. they seem ok
6. that's when the battery will become an issue

if hardwiring and parking mode are what you want better to find something with capacitors rather than battery

1. not really
2. yes, menu setting
5. they seem ok

if hardwiring and parking mode are what you want better to find something with capacitors rather than battery

Always get a kick out of people wanting to leave a black camera in direct sun during summer months. Pretty sure it exceeds the recommended operating temperatures, and could be stolen.
Would you leave your cell phone on your dash during summer months?

Has anyone returned a camera for failed battery? What brand?

^ so anyone with aftermarket rearview mirror should always remove it everytime the car's gonna sit in the sun for over 15 minutes?
The whole point is leave it and forget it...which is why it's favourable for it to be small and discreet in the first place.
I can understand the concern if we lived in desert where things will literally melt in the car, but we live in Canada.
BTW I have a black radar detector that's been in the car for almost 10 years...knock on wood but it hasn't died from heat or stolen..then again it wasn't made in China.

1. not really
2. yes, menu setting
5. they seem ok

Thanks for your reply. What is the motion detection for then?
So as of now there's still no capcitator-based mid-range cam aside from the G1W-C? I'm just looking for something with parking mode, good nighttime PQ, and won't explode on me in the summer. I don't need G-sensors or GPS.

^ so anyone with aftermarket rearview mirror should always remove it everytime the car's gonna sit in the sun for over 15 minutes?

if that aftermarket mirror has a battery in it (some of the cheapies do) then yes it's the same liability, LiPo batteries are safe to a bit over 40c temps, your car can easily get +30c above ambient temps when parked in the sun

Thanks for your reply. What is the motion detection for then?.

that's what it's for, it just doesn't work as well as you might think, ideally for parking mode you also need G-Sensor trigger, not just relying on frame changes from the CMOS sensor to trigger

G1W-C is it for now, it's not that far different from the GT680W actually, not as compact though

but both the GT680 and G1w-C has G-sensors?
noob question but how come the loop options for these 2 DVRs are only in incriments of minutes? What's the option to choose to overwrite the old video file only once the entire memory card is full?
G1W-C looks decent but TF memory card is a dealbreaker for me
I'm in no rush to get one...so many models gets released by the months so I'm sure there will be more cap-based dash cams just few months down the road....that's if you feel battery ones will crap out fast (locally in the summer the hottest day only reaches 30 degrees...so maybe high 30's tops in a car)

but both the GT680 and G1w-C has G-sensors?
noob question but how come the loop options for these 2 DVRs are only in incriments of minutes? What's the option to choose to overwrite the old video file only once the entire memory card is full?
G1W-C looks decent but TF memory card is a dealbreaker for me
I'm in no rush to get one...so many models gets released by the months so I'm sure there will be more cap-based dash cams just few months down the road.

they both use TF (MicroSD) cards

they have G-Sensors, they don't use them for parking mode

Can someone tell me what the indicator light codes are? Blue, red, purple? The very helpful instruction manual only indicates that indicator lights exist, but not what they mean. It used to be purple (both blue and red, I think), but now it's flashing red only most all of the time. Thanks,

I think this is the answer to my own question, from the GT300W thread.

** INDICATOR LED LIGHT **
blinking = camera is actively recording
*CAR POWER CABLE*
Red (blinking) = Recording and Fully charged
Red (constant) = Not Recording and Fully charged
Blue and Purple (blinking) = Recording and Charging
Purple (constant) = Not Recording and Charging
Blue (constant) = Charging, camera powered OFF
LED OFF = Camera OFF & not charging or No Power

Hello. Can anyone tell me how much playback time is ensured outside the car by the gt680 internal battery? Thank you.

Thanks for prompt reply. Does anyone used it an has a more real life figure?

Back