About the SJ4000 Action Camera Original and Copy Version

The SJ4000 is considered an "old" design now, R&D costs have already been recouperated so it's all profit now. With the launching of SJ5000, it makes sense to clear out old stock of the SJ4000. Many websites are heavily discounting the SJ4000 into the $70 range, SJ4000W into the $80 range. I would not be surprised if the we see further discounts in the near future. That being said, I will hold out for the cams with SJCAM logo, for peace of mind I guess.

The SJ4000 is considered an "old" design now, R&D costs have already been recouperated so it's all profit now. With the launching of SJ5000, it makes sense to clear out old stock of the SJ4000. Many websites are heavily discounting the SJ4000 into the $70 range, SJ4000W into the $80 range. I would not be surprised if the we see further discounts in the near future. That being said, I will hold out for the cams with SJCAM logo, for peace of mind I guess.

Agreed.
Even Tronsmart (Tronsport) didn't make the WiFi version of SJCAM so I can't see any other brand that have the same build as SJCAM one.
But again, for someone looking to buy the non-WiFi version of SJ4000, it's better to spend no more than $49.99 (+1 extra battery).

Thanks for the tip on the flash sale, finally got one of these units for a good price. About how long does Geekbuying take to ship to the US?

Thanks for the tip on the flash sale, finally got one of these units for a good price. About how long does Geekbuying take to ship to the US?
Nice.. did you got one?
I was too late today, dang it. Another friend asked me to buy it for him and now it's temporary out of stock! :'(
Don't know with the US, but last time it only took 5 days until it arrived in Indonesia. And I only choose the free shipping one (registered air mail with tracking).

From the photos,it looks like the original,(quite same as the photo that we made also:
https://www.joovuu.com/gb/home/98-sj4000-camera.html )
but the price is RM 318.00 for SJ4000 WIFI,which is even lower price than SJCAM SJ4000 factory cost price.
Maybe the photo is original,real product uses fake,I doubt it because the price is incredible low.
But we could get one from that shop and download the attached SJ4000 firmware to upgrade it,if it could be upgraded successfully,then it is original,if not,then it is fake.......

Attachments

• SJCAM-SJ4000-FW-0820.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
that's Malaysian dollar, not RMB
Oh,it is,it is RM not RMB,a good finding that is a lesson I learnt again,then how much is the final price equal to RMB or USD?
Is it 1RM =0.48RMB?

that's Malaysian dollar, not RMB
I got it,in that way,then that final price is not below the purchasing cost.
PS;if neglect the price part such as the transportation fee,taxes,not sure how much final cost it is from factory to seller.

It LOOKS original, yet why risk it. The RC forum has had a real looking fake recently pop up and the price you showed isn't the cheapest. GearBest is selling the SJ4000 WiFI for $86, write Dora@GearBest.com for the coupon. Buy from a confirmed source such as GearBest or FoxOffer. Too many fakes out there that look real.

Also look at the M10, it's an improved SJ4000 in a smaller size at a cheaper price.

Only one I know for sure who has an interest in having the right product is Foxoffer, not sure how they compare on price but you can at least know they have the genuine version

Only one I know for sure who has an interest in having the right product is Foxoffer, not sure how they compare on price but you can at least know they have the genuine version
In time the copies catch up and get very good at looking original. Now is time to buy from a known source like FoxOffer or GearBest, since I actually disassembled the SJCAM SJ4000 WiFi from them.

I agree, once the knockoffs catch up shopping on price carries a much higher risk of getting a dud

That does not look so good for the Banggood sjcam.

I would have thought if they are authorized Mobius seller they would sell legitimate products.

Back