About the SJ4000 Action Camera Original and Copy Version

Hello,
I bought Original SJ4000 from eBay. You can find the links below my video

Nice review.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello,
I bought Original SJ4000 from eBay. You can find the links below my video

Thanks for your recommendation! Could you give us your ebay id? So,we will give you special discount when next order on our ebay store?
Regards,
Vicky

If you have any SJ4000 questions, feel free to post them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, I have a question about Tronsport sj4000. tgrdrgrss, you have installed the firmware for SJCAM SJ4000. Did you see any improvement or difference after installing. The firmware version on the cam is N20141009v1 and I am wondering if the SJCAM's firmware is different. I'll be very happy to read about your and someone's experience
Best wishes and marry Christmas!,

Hi, I have a question about Tronsport sj4000. tgrdrgrss, you have installed the firmware for SJCAM SJ4000. Did you see any improvement or difference after installing. The firmware version on the cam is N20141009v1 and I am wondering if the SJCAM's firmware is different. I'll be very happy to read about your and someone's experience
Best wishes and marry Christmas!,

My Tronsport SJ4000 is the non Wifi version.
And I can't update it using the latest FW from www.sjcamhd.com since I think mine is the older model.
But I've successfully updated it to FW from January 2015.
I see that u now use the Oct 9 (2014) version of FW, if you want to update, guess u should look on the web to get the January one.
But tbh, I don't think there are any significant update.

Hi and thank you for your reply. I also have the non wifi version. I will try the update from january. Until now I am pretty happy with the camera.

Hi.. i received this camera.. from GearBest.com

I'm a bit confused. It appears to be a fake (ni SJCAM logo) but, screws are white, correct spelling and SJ4000 menu system.
When starting it is not showing the SJCAM logo.

I even updated the firmware with firmware from http://metropolitanmonkey.com/firmware-sjcam-sj4000-sj4000-wifi/
(v1.1[Neuste] - from SJCAM JD4000 [nur modelle mit firmware ab Juni 2015] section.)

After upgrade, all works properly, SJCAM Logo is shown. Compared to a genuine SJCAM 4000 (but older version firmware)
this camera has warmer picture, and barely noticeable picture quality difference (the original is a bit sharper)

Now, given that the firmware update was successfull:
- 1. It is original?
- 2. if it is original why is not branded with SJCAM
- 3. If it is fake how can i prove this to gearbest, as they are insisting that camera is a genuine one ?

Thanks

Last edited:
Hmm old stock but as i understood, the 1.1 firmware works only on new PCB + new LCD versions.. But then how it's old stock ? :)

Hmm old stock but as i understood, the 1.1 firmware works only on new PCB + new LCD versions.. But then how it's old stock ? :)

not sure, they claim to have not done any without logo for a long time and also claim you can't load the firmware on the copies, if someone had copied the PCB though the firmware would load up no problem so who knows

Hi everyone.
That's my first post here.
Recently I bought an SJ4000 wifi from an UK ebay seller ( 10 000+ positive feedbacks ). Back than I knew that there were fakes, but if the camera had SJCAM print, then everything should be fine. After that, I found a video from an ukrainian/russian guy about the fakes. He is saying that the fakes nowadays were visually absolutely the same. The differences were ( if I remember properly ):
1 - serial number label inside the battery's bunker/hole
2 - serial number on the battery
3 - stamped "SJCAM" on the inner side of the plastic front panel
4 - the lens plastic surrounding is placed on the front panel, instead of the camera's body
5 - the power button's pcb has thin paths ( I'm not sure if "path" is the correct english word for the PCB's copper conductors :( )
6 - production stamp on the front panel instead of a production sticker on the camera's body

Both sjcam.com and sjcamhd.com state that there should be a verification code on the box and that the official firmwares will not work on fakes.

So.. what I got:
- no verification code on the box.
- no serial numbers at all
- no sjcam stamped on inner side of the panel
- the lens plastics are on the camera's body
- the pwr button's pcb paths are thick ( but has a nice "SJ4000" print :) )
- production sticker ( 2016, so the camera can't be from an old batch )

OK, now I have a fake camera.. what should I do...
contact ebay? ( ebay states that the sellers are not allowed to sell counterfits )
Contact paypal?

Nope ( at least for now :) ).. I contacted both sjcam.com and sjcamhd.com. I sent them some pics and asked to tell me if the camera is authentic.
And here comes the funny part.. or should I say the ridiculous one :).
sjcam.com replied the standard thing - check the code, if no code - it is fake. -> So bad news, it is fake.
sjcamhd replied - don't worry it is authentic, someone in the factory screwed up and forgot to put the scratch sticker, feel free to update to the newest firmware. -> OK.. now I have a problem... everything screams FAKE.. only the official seller says original. So I decided to try the newer firmwares ( v1.x ) and all of them seem to be working fine ( all buttons function fine, only the top LED does not flash, but to be honest, I'm not sure if it was working even with the original firmware )

So now I'm totally confused.
I'm starting to think that even the trademark owner and the factory do not know what they produce/sell! Another option is that there is someone there who is making better fakes than the original product ( with serial numbers and stuff ).

Here is the video I'm talking above
Here are the pics of my camera https://www.dropbox.com/sh/47t2ulme06088sp/AADUnEz-ENzZdJcBa4RYTYo0a

So I just want to hear your thoughts.

Also, can you tell from where I can buy a good battery ( international shipping is a must )?

Apparently I have a knock off. Worked perfectly for about 1 year. Now, sporadically it goes to standby mode after recording video for a while. ( using power cable and fast 64 gb card) This is in 720 60fps mode. Perhaps slower setting will be better?

Hi..is it possible to buy a proper 4000 now, feb 2017 , as a cheaper entry into action cams ?I presume the official site is the best place to buy ,new.

Last edited:
Hi..is it possible to buy a proper 4000 now, feb 2017 , as a cheaper entry into action cams ?I presume the official site is the best place to buy ,new.
You can PM us directly,and show you purchase link for SJ4000 module!

You can purchase form sjcamHD.com

have you purchased yet?

Will get a SJ7 , after consideration ....when the exchange rate improves.

Back