About the SJ4000 Action Camera Original and Copy Version

I don't see any of the copies as serious contenders, the AEE is maybe the best of the GoPro styled alternatives but the price advantage is minimal and the brand recognition is not there

Got reply from banggood said it is branded SJCAM. Should I pull the trigger? Or go with m10 instead? Thanks.

Got reply from banggood said it is branded SJCAM. Should I pull the trigger? Or go with m10 instead? Thanks.
If you're looking for a bargain, get the SJ4000 one from legit seller. But for originality, get M10 coz there isn't any copy yet.

If you're looking for a bargain, get the SJ4000 one from legit seller. But for originality, get M10 coz there isn't any copy yet.

Who knows?
Copy in China is always easy!

It is not truth
Who knows?
Copy in China is always easy!
Not agree with you!
Actually,SJCAM always reports other sellers just because they owned this copyright for SJ4000,SJ5000 Cameras within China!

It is not truth

Not agree with you!
Actually,SJCAM always reports other sellers just because they owned this copyright for SJ4000,SJ5000 Cameras within China!

As there are some people also silk screen the same SCAM logo in the case
Now SJCAM SJ4000 ,SJ4000 WIFI have increased a laser label to distinguish themselves from others.

It seems that SJCAM working on it,and there is one unique security code for each item on package! You can check its genuine on its offcial website;
For more details you can have a check my ebay listing:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/281633357308
$_12.JPG

Or put fakes in real boxes

how long before the fakes have a scratch off panel and you can check it online, probably all have the same serial number off a real one

That's what I was expecting to hear. The "fakes" in "real" boxes didn't sound right.
I was referring to the fact that some sellers mix in fakes in their batches, so 1 in every certain number of real cameras is fake.

We agree with @Mtz saying in other thread,it is difficult for other copies to fake it now!

"SJ5000 is harder to fake because the gift box is too complicated for a non-brained faker and... expensive? Fakers will take a risk to use an expensive gift box? ;-)
I don't think SJ5000 was faked until now. Selling other cameras which are not looking as SJCam SJ5000 was already done.enjoy,Mtz"

There is some copy SJCAM sj4000 brand version, almost same as original version.
At first even some copy version can use the original firmware, but later factory updated the firmware.
They copy version still can still update to original firmware, but after updated, some buttons can not work as normal.

Also for M10, someone are working on the copy version now.

To let the cost down, normally the copy version will use another solution like sunplus or use cheaper material.

Making a difference between a fake and a geniue one is getting harder and harder.

There are of course some basic stuff to pay attention to. My advice is to always pay attention to details. If it says original, it does not have to mean it really is.

One interesting thing is that market is flooded with fakes of sj4000, there are more fakes then real ones. It is a mistery to me how this happened.

One of the first articles on my blog was about recognizing an SJCAM fake, and differences between real vs fake.
I just wanted to share it here, since it will help you with basics of recognizing fake models of SJ4000 especially.

Back