Votes: 10 24.4%
  • Yes, but something went wrong

Votes: 6 14.6%
  • No, not yet, I'm waiting for other users experience

Votes: 5 12.2%
  • No, I prefer to stay on my original firmware

Votes: 1 2.4%

• Total voters
some members from xiaomi yi philippine group on facebook experiences unit freeze after powering on the camera. i also experienced this thrice already.

Could it be the new firmware also enhances bitrate up to 25 ? someone else check this out please.

Untitled.png

some members from xiaomi yi philippine group on facebook experiences unit freeze after powering on the camera. i also experienced this thrice already.

Same here. It's really annoying. I have to remove the battery to restart.

Last edited:
hello guys,

This is my first post. I've bought my Yi 5 days ago, so no FW changes for now. However I'm following your posts to undestand how the FW costumization works.
I've seen the https://github.com/funneld/XiaomiYi/tree/master/autoexec.ash/1.1.0-fw/ already with some changes in bitrate and resolutions.
I've a question, if i put the autoexec.ash on the camera to have 1920x1080_60fps_30Mbps can i change the resolution later for 720p_120Mbps and back againt later to 1920x1080_60fps_30Mbps through the phone app? And what is the result of the bitrate increase on the battery and SDcard?
The resolution of the in autoexec.ash also apper and the phone app?
to finish, what is the risk of this changes? brick the camera?

Sorry for all the questions, i didn't found this on the forum, so maybe this post could help other noobie users :)

Thanks, but somehow I'am unable to download the firmware from the official website, I put in my SN and clicked to download and the page just keeps loading and then stops loading without any file transfer :/

I think there is a problem with their website/server. I am unable to download from the site the whole day.

Thanks, but somehow I'am unable to download the firmware from the official website, I put in my SN and clicked to download and the page just keeps loading and then stops loading without any file transfer :/
Welcome to Chinese websites

Just try again later

I've seen reports(locally) of problems on 1.1.0. You think it's possible that they actually put the firmware distribution to a halt?

Download is working for me.

All seems ok here, after automatic update via the app.

Ok, I'am super happy guys. I've sucessfully upgraded my firmware with the original one from http://www.xiaoyi.com/home/upgrade.html using Hola Proxy addon to China, that was the only way that I could download the firmware after putting in my SN.
After that I followed this forum post https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threa...to-30mbps-all-modes.10410/page-17#post-153020 and edited out the bitrate on all the resolutions I wanted, copied the firmware into the camera, turned it on and boom!

It was done. Firmware 1.1 was in! recorded a short video, 35000kbs bitrate! dang! Thank you guys so much!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi

My first post here.

Q- Do any one have the file size or checksum for the download for the Z22xxxxx HW release? I downloaded it yesterday from http://www.xiaoyi.com/home/upgrade.html

The download took almost 30 minutes so I want to be sure that the file is OK and not corrupt in some way. When I downloaded the 1.0.12 it came down in a wink and I had no problem what so ever with the off line upgrade from 1.0.1>1.0.12.

BTW, is there some great benefit to lift the FW from 1.0.12>1.1??? Seems like the risk of bricking it appose to the benefit needs to be off an issue with this cam. The Chinese Google translate to English of the Changelog I´ve seen leaves a bit of a mystery in some cases;

• Fixes several problems with photo and video functions.

• Fixes several problems with the USB mode
Anybody knows what this really means??

Cheers

//Solderman

there's a new yi camera app update version 1.7 for android. try that and see if it still freezes with the new firmware.

there's a new yi camera app update version 1.7 for android. try that and see if it still freezes with the new firmware.

It's not a new firmware, just an app update.

But I've heard that f/w 1.1.1 is on the way and solves the freeze problem.

Well

One would like to see that the tech guys at Xiaomi took some time and did some serious testing before the released that firmware.

iOS app update is 1.6

Changes:
Enhance speed of connection with camera
Improve the experience of firmware upgrade
Better support for Traditional Chinese and English
Speed up loading of video and photos in Discover
Bug fix

Haha, ****ing crap.

Xiaomi servers are ****. I am nearly certain that bad servers are causing the cameras to be bricked. Aftef flawlessly upgrading my YI for each and every firmware through the app, on which I made bunch of tutorials on my YouTube channel, today I did the same thing. Only this time, my camera continued to beep for an hour. Yup an hour. I thought that servers will eventually come to their minds, but nope. I then turned camera on, then off. It remained to beep.
So I pulled out an SD card and inserted another one, my camera is working.
Maybe this can help someone. I will wait for their crappy servers to recover and try to update in the morning, when there is less traffic in China. Does this make any sense?

The one more reason why I assume its their servers, because after an hour of beeping, I minimized the app and try to download it again. Guess what it said? 3 hours remaining for few bloody MB of app! So it must be their servers not responding well. Good thing is that I recovered my camera fairly quickly, but lots of people will not have a ready SD cards to replace, and what then? Really bad thing to happen.

Guys, would be nice to compile a list of serial numbers of every model there is (atleast one SN per model), then someone dedicated could download a verified firmware for each model (atleast 5 downloads, CRC crosscheck against each download and where atleast 3 match, you can consider it valid file) and put it on some mirror with more stable network than China (no offense)

And hey, don't look at me, the fact that i have my own servers and 100Mbit line doesn't mean a thing! :D

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
PistolPex Yi Action Camera 11
Back