• Total voters

rockman18

Reaction score
Country
France
New firmware version 1.1.0
for the Xiaomi Yi Sport Camera

Changelog (google translate from Chinese changelog) :
- Increase power main light blinking function to indicate that the system startup is completed
- Optimization of Wi-Fi-handling mechanism, improve stability, improve the user experience
- Video optimization mechanisms to improve video clips automatically stop causing more problems and improve stability
- Optimize boot SD card identification mechanism, amendment does not recognize the problem
- Optimize camera and APP interaction, improve the user experience
- Optimize battery indicator mechanism
- Optimization restore factory settings Tone
- Issues Fixed camera, video recording function
- Fixed USB mode Issues

Perform the update :
- using the smartphone application
- following the manual update method (take care of your camera hardware revision. You can find the firmware download link corresponding with your camera hardware version on this website : http://www.xiaoyi.com/home/upgrade.html)

Don't hesitate to share your experience with this firmware (improvements, issues, bugs...)

can someone teach me to mod my firmware to 30mbps??

no bluetooth functionality yet. sad...

waiting for some user reports for these ones:
- Video optimization mechanisms to improve video clips automatically stop causing more problems and improve stability
- Optimization restore factory settings Tone

Looking forward to someone making a modded Z221 30mbps version

in the app there is an option to disconnect from Bluetooth connection but no option to connect. Tried to scan from the phone the camera cannot be detected.

If i install the update my autoexec.ash for 1.0.12 wont work ?

Last edited:
I miss 1280*720 24p

Continuos filming and some bluetooth function add

App version 1.5 german bad translation with 1.1.0

Works great, and it seems it has less heat comes out.

I've updated FW to 1.1.o (hardware ver. z221...) and it went OK, but then autoexec from here has no impact.
It does not change the resolution, nor bitrate and I can't see new/hacked resolution option in the app menu
any more. Previously on FW 1.0.12 it was working fine. Any thoughts..?

valdi: new firmware = new memory mapping = do not even THINK about trying any direct memory writing or you may brick your device !

Andy_S: so use autoexec.ash is also risky..? I've tried some autoexec.ash from here:
https://github.com/funneld/XiaomiYi/tree/master/autoexec.ash/1.1.0-fw/Resolution
and it did not work, despite it is described as proper for new FW 1.1.0

However - without knowing the risk ;) I also tried the autoexec written for older FW 1.0.12
and it worked smooth!

#set bitrate to 35Mb/s
writew 0xC05C28A6 0x420C
#set video resolution to 2304x1314 30fps
writeb 0xC0697626 0x02

So autoexec script written for FW 1.0.12 went OK on FW 1.1.0 !!! Although I could not choose the 2K resolution from app menu, but under preview window in app 1.5 I could see 2 304 x 1 296 @30fps and the video file was recorded accordingly, at around 18-19Mbps

Last edited:
The address to set the 2304x1296 video resolution is the same on 1.0.9, 1.0.12 and 1.1.0 so it should work for all.
The bitrate address can be a problem and if you don't even know which firmware verison you have you better remove that line.

You probaly edited the file yourself and wasn't properly formatted for the cam. The best way would be just to right click on "Raw" on github an Save as.. and save autoexec.ash directly to the SD card.

Thank you funnel! Will try it in a minute...
Edit:
yes, now it works flawlessly, when "Raw" from github saved as autoexec.ash directly to SD.
Many thanks for sharing. And keep sharing with us your great discoveries!
PS. I perfectly knew which firmware verison I had ;) Just tried both.

Last edited:
Hello guys, my first post on this forum, I'am kinda new to firmware updates I don't fully understand them yet and I haven't found on this forum the easiest and better way to update the firmware.

I want to try out the better bitrate, does it make a big difference in 1080p 60fps video?

My camera is Revision Z221xxxxxx and I have a 64gb Samsung Evo microsd card formatted with exFat and my current firmware is 1.0.12 the official one with a translation to Portuguese.

What program/method do you use to update the firmware?
Whats the most stable high bitrate firmware out at this point? I see alot of diffrent ones around in the forum :/

Thanks ;)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
PistolPex Yi Action Camera 11
Back