• No problems

Votes: 6 31.6%

• Total voters

nicobo

Reaction score
Country
France
Hello,

I ordered a cam on banggood (from CN warehoude) and received a Z23L on 11/08/2015.

I noticed 2 very annoying problems:
  • Focus (which can be fixed)
  • No IR filter (which cannot be fixed yet) which produce a white shadow on every picture/movie. Camera is not usable. Problem is described with Itzik's pictures here
Is this also your case or did only a few of us receive a faulty item?

Last edited by a moderator:
I think all Z23L don't have the IR filter... but my photos and videos are perfect anyway..

Hi,
I'm new in the forum. Just received another Z23L from Gearbest yesterday, with no IR filter and extremely out of focus... very bad for Xiaomi

I have the 23L and I don't have any problems...

A camera lens without IR filter looks like this ...

Not an IR filter problem, you're sure?

IR remote control comparison between nexus 5 and the Yi

n4X7JZ7.png

Last edited:
Are you sure of the image you have published ? :rolleyes:

Are you sure of the image you have published ? :rolleyes:
Of course.
If it wasn't the case, I wouldn't be here...
I decided to make the test this afternoon after I saw on another thread a post by fuyghjb with a video comparison between z22 and z23l in front of an IR remote control.
Data from fuyghjb here:
https://cloud.mail.ru/public/ChD2/TjS39gF66

Edit: I don't know a lot about optics but I still think the unit I got is not working as it should and has an IR filter or lens problem.
I'll try to take outside pics this week when it's sunny.
It'll will be of course less visible than the IR remote control test but the white 'fog' looks exactly the same as the one on itzik's pictures.

NO IRc FILTER IS NOT PROBLEM.
GOPRO 4 BLACK DONT HAVE THIS FILTER TOO, AND NO ONE THINKS THAT THIS IS A PROBLEM.

NO IRC FILTER IS NOT PROOBLEM.
GOPRO 4 BLACK DONT HAVE THIS FILTER TOO AND NOBODY BELIEVES THAT ITS PROBLEM.
So what's your point?
I don't get it.
You think everything is allright?

You think everything is allright?
Yes its allright. Lens with no IRc filter have better resolution ( i have 22, 22L , 23L cameras) but it have some blure effect and reflections .

Yes its allright. Lens with no IRc filter have better resolution ( i have 22, 22L , 23L cameras) but it have some blure effect and reflections .
Could you be more precise with the pros and cons of IRc filter please?
What do you mean by better resolution?

No IR filter, is also a problem for the colors, plants and all live creatures emit IR radiation, I don't think that there isn't a IR filter in L versions, but it is very weak.

I ordered lens replacement form Gearbest. It looks like it has IR coating. Will do some tests when I get it in propably 4 weeks.

what's your camera serial number? In the battery compartment?
is “Z2215*****”?

Back