Custom Firmware Thread: *RELEASED* Ver 1.1.1aE [DR500GW-HD]

Re: Custom Firmware Thread: *RELEASED* Ver 1.1.1aE [DR500GW-

Hillbilly said:
Ask Mio for his updated version of the Custom firmware which doesnt need the patch
I have the updated version that doesn't need the patch. It simply will not load in my Blackvue. Thanks to your advice about the sticky, I was able to get the voices back to English. I have successfully reloaded 1.005, so I'm back to where I started and I guess that's what will have to do. I've spent hours on this today and I can load 1.005 at will, over and over again, but 1.1.1aE simply will not load onto my Blackvue. Baffling.

djrams80 said:
Hillbilly said:
Ask Mio for his updated version of the Custom firmware which doesnt need the patch
I have the updated version that doesn't need the patch. It simply will not load in my Blackvue. Thanks to your advice about the sticky, I was able to get the voices back to English. I have successfully reloaded 1.005, so I'm back to where I started and I guess that's what will have to do. I've spent hours on this today and I can load 1.005 at will, over and over again, but 1.1.1aE simply will not load onto my Blackvue. Baffling.

I posted a link to 1007 if you want that as well and the 2.033 viewer

Hillbilly said:
djrams80 said:
Hillbilly said:

I posted a link to 1007 if you want that as well and the 2.033 viewer
I missed this link. Where can I find it?

Edit: Nevermind, found it.

Allright, this is what is happening. I was running the the 1.1.1aE firmware which Mio released yesterday morning which did not have the GPS Patch enabled and had to manually patch the firmware to get GPS to work. This worked fine for about 24 hours when I tried to be smart and updated the DVR with the newly released 1.1.1aE which had the GPS patch already applied by Mio. This is where things got bad. After installing this new firmware, the DVR refused to work and would hang with no LED lights working. Mio suggested that I format the SD Card and try if the DVR would initialise the SD Card and work again. However, this too failed. I then updated the DVR in the following sequence. 1.0.3cEs to 1.0.5 to 1.0.7 to 1.1.1aE (GPS Patched). This too left me with a non-working DVR. Finally, I updated the DVR back to 1.0.3cEs and then to 1.1.1aE (GPS Unpatched) and then patched the GPS again and now, I have a working DVR with all the new features of 1.1.1aE working.

Hope this helps those who are having similar issues with the new patched firmware.

I just loaded 1.007. On the highest video quality setting, I'm getting 10,000kbps, which is not bad. I'm just going to stick with that for now, until we are sure that all the bugs are worked out with the custom firmware.

cisf0rcalvin said:
Mio, I went into 192.168.8.1 and pressed reset on the GPS and then reset main. Now the date and time are correct! :)

Try power donw for haft an hour then power up and check if time is corect ( put camera indoor to get no GPS ). If no, the build-in battery is fail as Mio said.

my camera was 82 degree Celsius today, and the outside temperature was about 30 degree Celsius. will this kind of high temperature damage the dashcamera?

micahfy said:
my camera was 82 degree Celsius today, and the outside temperature was about 30 degree Celsius. will this kind of high temperature damage the dashcamera?

it 'should' have some type of thermal protection to shut it down if it gets too hot, whether it does or not though is another thing

How do you know the temperature of your camera?

when you connect your mobile phone or laptop to the camera by WIFI, use your browser to view 192.168.8.1 then go to infomation. you will find the temperature there.

Thanks.
Thats a good feature.

Didn't receive my camera yet.

to connect in client mode, you must:
- A custom-config
Mode=STA
- in wpa.conf set the network settings
may need to add the encryption unless the connection
network={
ssid="name"
scan_ssid=1
key_mgmt=WPA-PSK
psk="very secret passphrase"
}

some problems with the documentation :(

Last edited by a moderator:

Mio,
is it possible to be able to have a log of the temperature of the DVR logged about every minute or so. that way we can determine where we are, what we are doing and relate it to the temperature to see when its at its hottest.

Okay. The WiFi Client mode has been successfully configured and is working. Would it be now possible to connect the DVR as an IP Camera to a suitable software and record it over the network while the vehicle is parked? Anyone aware of any such software which can automate the process and maybe, even copy those video files which were recorded when the vehicle was on the road. Limitless possibilities!

a log of temperature, we plan to do later.
Not all at once ;)

guys who updated with the latest the error corrected
Dash cam works?
updated normally, or to check the firmware.

I'm afraid to already to someone give its :oops:

Hi,

thanks for your greak work, Mio.

I sent you a pm if you could send me your firmware.

How are you able to edit the firmware? Do you use a hexeditor?

dashuser I've seen. I want to know everything is normal or not, and I'll send

Mio said:
a log of temperature, we plan to do later.
Not all at once ;)

guys who updated with the latest the error corrected
Dash cam works?
updated normally, or to check the firmware.

I'm afraid to already to someone give its :oops:

Mine does not work. I am unable to load the latest firmware. Everytime I load the latest firmware, I get this:

Last edited by a moderator:

djrams80 said:
I just loaded 1.007. On the highest video quality setting, I'm getting 10,000kbps, which is not bad. I'm just going to stick with that for now, until we are sure that all the bugs are worked out with the custom firmware.
That is (10,000 kbps) for 1080 right? And how about the data rate for 720 with highest video quality??? Can you chek it??? Thanks alot.

Heocon said:
djrams80 said:
That is (10,000 kbps) for 1080 right? And how about the data rate for 720 with highest video quality??? Can you chek it??? Thanks alot.
8000kbps for 720.

Back