Custom Firmware Thread: *RELEASED* Ver 1.1.1aE [DR500GW-HD]

Re: Custom Firmware Thread: *RELEASED* Ver 1.1.1aE [DR500GW-

Pebo said:
djrams80 said:
Well, I it looked like the update finally worked, but now the camera doesn't work at all. It says initializing the SD card, then the green record light comes on and that's it. The camera just gets stuck right there. When I take the SD card out, it has all the normal initialization folders on it, but no recordings. This sucks.

Did you try reverting the recorder back to the older version Firmware by reinstalling 1.005E?

I haven't tried that, because of all the warnings about doing so. When I tried to do the 1.1.1aE upgrade again, it says that I am missing some files or something.

Sound like "bootloader upgrade not found......total upgrade not found" at 1:35 of the video.:

Last edited by a moderator:

NO RISK NO FUN!

I have the english version buyed from ebay and swapping and playing with the EN firmware was no problem for the device, if it helps you.

djrams80 said:
Pebo said:
djrams80 said:
Well, I it looked like the update finally worked, but now the camera doesn't work at all. It says initializing the SD card, then the green record light comes on and that's it. The camera just gets stuck right there. When I take the SD card out, it has all the normal initialization folders on it, but no recordings. This sucks.

Did you try reverting the recorder back to the older version Firmware by reinstalling 1.005E?

I haven't tried that, because of all the warnings about doing so. When I tried to do the 1.1.1aE upgrade again, it says that I am missing some files or something.

Sound like "bootloader upgrade not found......total upgrade not found" at 1:35 of the video.:

Try pressing the reset button

Hillbilly said:
It does this when I press the reset button.

djrams80 said:
Hillbilly said:

are you doing this indoor and powering your camera by a 120V to 12V adaptor?
The first day i got my camera, before i put it in my car, I tired to test it first with a 120V to12V 500MA at home, it wont run properly, although the led will light up and has voice saying initializing, but it just wont start recording. After that, i tried it in my car, it run no problem with the 12V jack in car.

djrams80 said:

You do know that the camera only works when it's connected to the mount right? It's a security feature. W/O the mount, all the camera does is blink and go into a boot loop (I think).

Connect it to the mount, stick the sd card in with the new firmware and let it update.

vbx said:
You do know that the camera only works when it's connected to the mount right? It's a security feature. W/O the mount, all the camera does is blink and go into a boot loop (I think).

Mine has worked hooked up to a BK Precision power supply as well as a cheap universal wall wart, without the mount. There may be a minimum current requirement, which I did not measure.

M-Element said:
djrams80 said:
Hillbilly said:

are you doing this indoor and powering your camera by a 120V to 12V adaptor?
The first day i got my camera, before i put it in my car, I tired to test it first with a 120V to12V 500MA at home, it wont run properly, although the led will light up and has voice saying initializing, but it just wont start recording. After that, i tried it in my car, it run no problem with the 12V jack in car.
My 12v adapter is 1.0A. Like you, I used to have a 500MA adapter and certain devices wouldn't run off of it, so I bought this one and it works great. That said, I did all of the firmware upgrade in my car, before bringing it inside once I knew I was having problems.

vbx said:
djrams80 said:

Connect it to the mount, stick the sd card in with the new firmware and let it update.
I originally did the firmware update in my car. It acts the same connected to the plug inside my house, as it does when connected to the plug in the car.

djrams80 said:
vbx said:
djrams80 said:

I originally did the firmware update in my car. It acts the same connected to the plug inside my house, as it does when connected to the plug in the car.

That's weird. When I first got the camera, I tried to set it up w/o the mount. The camera wouldn't initialize. I was about to send it back.

I then noticed a little hole on the camera that looks like it has something to do with the mount. So I connected the mount and the camera started to initialize and set all the files to the SD card.

Looks like I'm making progress. It's talking to me in Korean now and I'm able to connect to it via wifi. Going to try to put some English firmware on it now.

djrams80 said:
My 12v adapter is 1.0A. Like you, I used to have a 500MA adapter and certain devices wouldn't run off of it, so I bought this one and it works great. That said, I did all of the firmware upgrade in my car, before bringing it inside once I knew I was having problems.

Any chance you have another micro sd card you can try?

it says that the absence of some of the files, it is normal
that they do not. Wait for the end of the firmware

After using the 1.1.1aE firmware default setting for one day, i notice the overall image is sharper, the auto exposure change much smoother. Day time overall very nice. Night time is a bit dark then the 1.05E .
And a bit more noise at night time video then 1.05E?

Mio said:
it says that the absence of some of the files, it is normal
that they do not. Wait for the end of the firmware
I've waited for the end of the firmware. I've tried this at least 40 times. All I'm getting now is this:

The only way I can get this camera to work at all, is to load the original firmware that came with the camera. Nothing else works, not 1.005, not 1.1.1aE, nothing. All the camera alerts are now in Korean. I have no idea what she is saying.

djrams80 said:
The only way I can get this camera to work at all, is to load the original firmware that came with the camera. Nothing else works, not 1.005, not 1.1.1aE, nothing. All the camera alerts are now in Korean. I have no idea what she is saying.

Try what we said in the sticky at the top of the forum

Try a new SD card as they do wear out

Hillbilly said:
djrams80 said:

I've tried all of the 6 SD cards I have. Nothing works but the firmware with the Korean alerts.

I followed the sticky and was able to get 1.005 in English to work, but when I tried to load 1.1.1aE, I still have the error is the video above, with the file missing error and then it won't run.

djrams80 said:
Hillbilly said:
djrams80 said:

I've tried all of the 6 SD cards I have. Nothing works but the firmware with the Korean alerts.

I followed the sticky and was able to get 1.005 in English to work, but when I tried to load 1.1.1aE, I still have the error is the video above, with the file missing error and then it won't run.

Ask Mio for his updated version of the Custom firmware which doesnt need the patch

Mio, I went into 192.168.8.1 and pressed reset on the GPS and then reset main. Now the date and time are correct! :)

Back