Blackvue DR650GW-2CH _ (Custom firmware)

I've already read that page multiple times....it says "You can donate some money to the PayPal account specified below (clickable)." but it doesn't actually specify the paypal account. Instead the button goes to the profile subscriptions page and then I'm faced with the "order" buttons which do not work.

It seems the site isn't working according to Alex. I've been left with no choice but to download a pirate copy from elsewhere as I'm fed up after waiting a week for someone to fix it. If someone could PM me when the website is working again I will happy donate.

BTW I've even asked for the direct email address to send a paypal payment to but this was ignored.

I gave you access, will donate later when the site will work

ahicP.png

Donated. All working. Thanks.

This is the first time I have seen that custom firmware is available! Excellent!! One question for future development: The minimum recording time for parking mode as set by Power Magic is 6 hours. Can something be done in the firmware to enable the user to reduce this time? My SD card is constantly filling up with static views of the front of my house!

Cheers

Hey ho, just thought I would ask!

Thanks

Have you left the motion sensor on ?
its too sensitive so i disabled mine..
This is the first time I have seen that custom firmware is available! Excellent!! One question for future development: The minimum recording time for parking mode as set by Power Magic is 6 hours. Can something be done in the firmware to enable the user to reduce this time? My SD card is constantly filling up with static views of the front of my house!

Cheers

I think it is irrelevant if the power is still delivered via the Power Magic (isn't it?)

Not unless you like taking video of static views of your house !
ive tried the custom firmware for a while and decided the latest std firmware seemed just as good if not better at night (less grainy)
it definatley runs cooler with the std firmware and the video quality seems just as good.

Can someone guide me through downgrading back to official firmware? I am on Custom_2.002_1.4_FR and tried loading DR650GW-2CH_v1.007_ENG(2015.07.16)_Windows but the BlackVue says "the model information is different please check the sd card".

I also tried loading the file dr650gw-2ch_v1.003r_from_1.5 same thing. Any help and instructions appreciated :)

Is there any chance of this firmware working on the DR650GW 1CH at all as I have no need for dual channel currently and prices are much cheaper for single channel but I would like the much better bitrate :)

Is there any chance of this firmware working on the DR650GW 1CH

It will not work. I am aware that custom firmware has ceased for the Blackvue. The video quality is pretty good on The DR650GW 1CH and use the correct SD card and format regularly and you should have minimal issues.

I've tried to register on Car-dvr site to get the firmware for this model but my account never seems to be getting approved. Is there another source for the custom firmware at all?

@will morrow - what is your nickname and e-mail? I'll check

Ah that's cool
I didn't get a confirmation mail for some reason but have now logged in and donated

Back