Blackvue DR650GW-2CH _ (Custom firmware)

April 8, 2015
Custom Firmware for DR650 1.5 updated.
Fixed wifi, ssh, stamp your signature.

http://car-dvr.info/forum/index.php?topic=877.0

So, from previous Custom 1.5FW, do I just need to download new custom fw and put it into SD?
Or I have to go back stock FW first then do Custom?

------2015.04.09 ---10:40am----------
So now I just did back to stock 1.003R FW-->1.003E FW by using the zip file from russia forum.
And then I combine the Feb.15 previous Custom 1.5 FW and April.08 new custom 1.5 upgrade files(overwrite old with new), and I made a successful upgrade this time.

In conclude, I think the latest (04.08) custom 1.5 zip file should be using with the old custom FW zip file, otherwise there would be missing files to process the upgrade(does not matter from stock/custom). @alexsoll maybe developer should make things clear or update a full upgradable
zip file on the Russia forum.

--------2015.04.09--10:10am--------------
Just tried to update Custom FW this morning w/ old Custom 1.5 FW, I formart SD card and extract zip file into SD.
The DR650 ALL LIGHTS ON for like 3sec and lights off then it starts normal recording.
Later than that, I check the sd card files in system folder, the upgrade files are still here. It should be removed when upgrade succeeded.

I'm thinking maybe I need to retrieve back stock FW then do custom again.

Last edited:
I downgraded to 1.003R from custom site.

Then I upgraded to a fresh 1.004E from OEM site.

Then I upgraded using the new 2.002 1.5 from custom site.

All worked fine for me.

blk.jpg
How do you upgrade without the files missed from Stock FW zip?
In my situation, the camera does not recognize the upgrade file from custom site zip

I'm confused.

So I grabbed the updated FW file, but when I put it in the system folder nothing happens. I can't downgrade, because the BlackVue tells me the hardware isn't correct.

I tried using the Russian 1.003 downgrade from 1.5 file from the car-dvr.info ("initializing SD card" nothing else happens and the FW on the camera is still the custom 1.5 version from before the April update)
I tried using the OEM 1.003 FW (hardware incorrect check SD card)
I tried "upgrading" to the OEM 1.004 FW (hardware incorrect check SD card)
And, I tried just dropping the updated custom zip file into the SD card system folder.

I'm stuck

Last edited:
I tried using the Russian 1.003 downgrade from 1.5 file from the car-dvr.info ("initializing SD card" nothing else happens and the FW on the camera is still the custom 1.5 version from before the April update)……
Did you try the downgrade file from Russia forum, or you just download the 1.003R stock firmware from blackvue website?
I believe only the file from Russia forum will let you downgrade.
Take a close look at the following sentences after date:02/11/2015
Screenshot_2015-04-11-22-05-22.png

Did you try the downgrade file from Russia forum, or you just download the 1.003R stock firmware from blackvue website?
I believe only the file from Russia forum will let you downgrade.
Take a close look at the following sentences after date:02/11/2015
View attachment 12775

Yeah, I grabbed that exact file and did exactly what that Russian site said. The camera boots and says "initiating SD card" and that's it. No downgrade.

Yeah, I grabbed that exact file and did exactly what that Russian site said. The camera boots and says "initiating SD card" and that's it. No downgrade.
Can you show how is your sd card folder trees look like?

Well, I got it to work. I decided to format the card in the camera. Loaded up the Russian 1.003 FW, and it all worked from there. I have no idea why it was being so finicky, but I got it squared away. I'm currently letting it sit at 1.004 for now to see how that does.

Hi, I am new to this custom firmare, I have the lastest stock firmware v1.004, do I have to down grade to the Russian v1.003 FW before applying the 1.5 Custom FW or can I modify the v1.004 FW system file and use that?

You can safely upgrade to the custom FW from 1.004

What is the SSH username and password?

You talking about connecting through WiFi to the BlackVue in your browser? PW should be blackvue (or BlackVue).

No, I'm talking about SSH, port 22 on the blackvue. I would assume that the username is "root".
I have tried blackvue, will try BlackVue asap.

Nope, tried "blackvue", "BlackVue", and "pt". None of those work.

Right you have to be signed in first but I still cannot donate.

On safari the page just times out when you click 'order' next to the correct subscription. On FireFox the page loads eventually but says.....

An Error Has Occurred!
Нет удалось получить курс валюты для совершения оплаты! Попробуйте совершить оплату еще раз, через некоторое время. Если ошибка повторится, обратитесь за помощью к администраторам форума.

On Chrome it just says :This web page is not available

No idea what that means. Is there somewhere else you can pay for this software?

Last edited:
Back