GitUp Git2 Firmware

gitup

Manufacturer
Reaction score
Country
China
Dash Cam
GIT1, GIT2
Latest and stable firmware, version number is "GIT2_V1.7_20170719".
http://support.gitup.com/solution/articles/6000157758-gitup-git2-sony-imx206-sensor-version-firmware

Change log:
  • 1. Added: Zoom for video, removed FOV option for video
  • 2. Added: External Power option in system settings, removed car DVR option
  • 3. Added: Support quick capture option in configuration file
  • 4. Added: Continues shot for photo: hold the shutter button to take continuous photo.
  • 5. Added: Support using side button for ZOOM while recording
  • 6. Fixed: Video snapshot issue in 2160P mode
  • 7. Improved: Audio sample rate upgraded to 48kHz
  • 8. Improved: Wi-Fi transfer speed.

Last edited:
Can I make a request? How about adding an option to toggle image rotation using the side button? depending on how i mount the camera, this is probably the option i use the most. would be useful on both git1 and git2.

Thanks for being so involved with us, the users on your new products. makes them really stand out.

The Sony IMX206 CMOS sensor used by Git2 is not supporting image rotation. But with the original GitUp frame you can put the camera upside-down without any problem. Maybe just the top LED is not so visible.

enjoy,
Mtz

Last edited:
The Sony IMX206 CMOS sensor used by Git2 is not supporting image rotation. But with the original GitUp frame you can put the camera upside-down without any problem. Maybe just the top LED is not so visible.

enjoy,
Mtz
You are faster than me, I received your msg while I am typing.
The IMX206 sensor does not support this, so why we removed the image rotation on Git2. It seems the IMX078 also not support this.

ok, i haven't got a git2 yet, only a git1. and i don't have the new open frame yet either - just a generic open frame that doesn't work upside down (though it probably would if i drilled new holes for the shutter and wifi/menu buttons).... it just might be hard to get to the shutter button when it's in a bracket that way. but sometimes i have to use the protective/waterproof case so it will end up upside down anyway. i've learned how to rotate a video using VLC (for when i forgot to enable rotation in the camera), but it'd be nice to be able to do it in-camera. especially if i wanted the date/time stamp turned on.

thanks again for giving us a real reason why a certain feature doesn't exist rather than just treating us like we don't know anything and saying "can't do that."

Reactions: Mtz
hello! it´s possible include in next firmware auto shooting timer for photo camera ? And led indicator charging battery or charge completed ?

I hope git1 also gets metering option.

hello! it´s possible include in next firmware auto shooting timer for photo camera ? And led indicator charging battery or charge completed ?
The charger procedure will be optimized in next firmware.
The shooting timer is similar as the time lapse photo we implemented or a different feature?

I think is about a delay (set by user) when taking the picture. Press shutter button and photo taken after some time for example 10 seconds set by user in camera Menu. Maybe this can be requested also for video mode.

enjoy,
Mtz

I think is about a delay (set by user) when taking the picture. Press shutter button and photo taken after some time for example 10 seconds set by user in camera Menu. Maybe this can be requested also for video mode.

enjoy,
Mtz
Before we have this option in Git1 very early time, but removed, I thought we can use the time lapse can do this.

Before we have this option in Git1 very early time, but removed, I thought we can use the time lapse can do this.
I think they just want it to take one photo after a specified delay, like you would do with a point n shoot camera. set timer, press shutter button, run out in front of camera, pose for photo, then after timer runs out, it actually takes the picture. after that it goes into waiting mode where it won't do anything by itself, except maybe turn off if nothing happens after a few minutes (set in system menu).

Reactions: Mtz
Also the remote control is a much easier way to take a photo in that situation...

Hi!
You have done a great job!
The best feature is a improved auto white balance. There is a huge difference between old and new firmware.
White balance lock is also a great feature.

I have a bag of propositions what can you do to improve your product.

1. The first huge upgrade should be a configurable bitrate. Values could be: hi, med, low which could be mapped for different bitrate for every resolutions.
e.g. for 1080@30 low=17Mbps, med = 25Mbps, hi=35Mbps etc.

2. Other possibilities for FOV.

3. A counter in Timelapse mode (should count how many pictures was taken in given series.)

4. Possibility to turn off screen when camera is in timelapse mode.

5. A configurable number of frames to capture in one timelapse series. eg: 60 frames, 150 frames, 300 frames, 900 frames, 4500 frames.
When camera ends a series could give a beep sound to let know about that during screen is off.

I hope you consider these features especially configurable bitrate, because a 17Mbps is a too low for low light condition...

Hi!
You have done a great job!
The best feature is a improved auto white balance. There is a huge difference between old and new firmware.
White balance lock is also a great feature.

I have a bag of propositions what can you do to improve your product.

1. The first huge upgrade should be a configurable bitrate. Values could be: hi, med, low which could be mapped for different bitrate for every resolutions.
e.g. for 1080@30 low=17Mbps, med = 25Mbps, hi=35Mbps etc.

2. Other possibilities for FOV.

3. A counter in Timelapse mode (should count how many pictures was taken in given series.)

4. Possibility to turn off screen when camera is in timelapse mode.

5. A configurable number of frames to capture in one timelapse series. eg: 60 frames, 150 frames, 300 frames, 900 frames, 4500 frames.
When camera ends a series could give a beep sound to let know about that during screen is off.

I hope you consider these features especially configurable bitrate, because a 17Mbps is a too low for low light condition...
Thank you, above suggestions make sense, I have copied it to the suggestion list, we have a long list now.

When 17Mbps is better than 35Mbps and when 35Mbps is better than 17Mbps?

Thank you

The one thing is like to see (on the git1, I know this is a thread for the git2) is an option to toggle between two levels of microphone sensitivity. One very sensitive for when it's in the waterproof case, and one less sensitive for use without the waterproof case. Just a simple on/off switch in the menu like image rotation or timestamp.

When 17Mbps is better than 35Mbps and when 35Mbps is better than 17Mbps?

Thank you

Hi!
Higher bitrate is recomended when scene is dynamic, full of movement - because consecutive frames differ each other a lot.
second case is low light condition because a lot of data is used to encode.... a noise.

But in everyday use a higher bitrate may be useful because you can post process your movies without loosing too much details.
In may opinion good average bitrate for movie 1080@30 is 9Mbps in most cases, but this is average during encoding h.264 codec and two pass method.
So momentary bitrate may vary from eg. 3Mbps to 25Mbps. Camera couldn't use two pass method by definition. It uses only constant bitrate.
So the conclusion is that you need at least 25Mbps bitrate (1080@30) movie grabbed by camera for excellent movie.

35Mbps or higher should be used for very dynamic scenes eg. riding on mountain bike, or low light condition.

But of course a 17Mbps is good enough for tranquility scenes.
You can use even lower bitrate for example when you use camera as dashcam and you don't care about all details.

Last edited:
Thank you, above suggestions make sense, I have copied it to the suggestion list, we have a long list now.

Thanks for your support!
I have had my Git2 for few days so I 'm familiarizing with the camera now.
I found a bug in timelapse mode: interval is counted since last photo is saved on card, but it should start when last photo is taken.
It causes that real interval is longer than specified eg. 3s instead of 1s and it can vary in time.
If interval is smaller than writing time it should take photos instantly after writing process.

I also suffer for lack of 16:9 pictures in low resolution eg. 3MP or 5MP. It will be great if you all also 3:2 aspect ratio pictures as 3:2 is a aspect ratio commonly used in professional photography.

Back