GitUp Git2 Firmware

Can the RAW format be used with time lapse feature? And what is the shortest interval, when using raws? Also I would like to know if it's possible to do automatic bracketing with the cam, maybe in combination with time lapse mode. Thanks.

Can the RAW format be used with time lapse feature? And what is the shortest interval, when using raws? Also I would like to know if it's possible to do automatic bracketing with the cam, maybe in combination with time lapse mode. Thanks.
Yes, RAW works fine in time lapse mode, fastest possible is 1 frame every 2 seconds.

Currently there is no AEB (automatic exposure bracketing). That would reduce the RAW timelapse rate to 1 frame every six seconds, but would be nice to have.

Released new firmware V1.2, please check the first post on this thread.

This firmmare update looks like a great Christmas present !
Thanks a lot for your support and merry Xmas.

For dashcam usage I see some great features
- I will use only the back LED. The back LED is the best back LED I ever saw.
- I can use now the camera as dashcam in Motion Detect and/or G-Sensor Mode.

Merry Christmas, GitUp and thank you!

enjoy,
Mtz

What about the bitrate option for videos recording? Can we choose the bitrate of video recording?

Not yet. But actual bitrate I think it will be used for highest value so I expect lower values just to save some space. Actual bitrate is OK to offer good images.

enjoy,
Mtz

Ok so maybe in a next firmware , a higher bitrate can be a option. To help me to understade the importance of the bitrate, does a higher bitrate help to captures more details like more light, a better sharpness , more color at the cost of a bigger video file? Thank You

Ok so maybe in a next firmware , a higher bitrate can be a option. To help me to understade the importance of the bitrate, does a higher bitrate help to captures more details like more light, a better sharpness , more color at the cost of a bigger video file? Thank You
Of cause it helps. But the difference is almost invisible. I'm just wainting for my ordered Git2, but on my current Xiaomi Yi i found that I don't need to increase bitrate above default (as I know, Git2 has the same about 28 Mb for 1080p60fps video). You can find the difference only on the smallest details comparing two still images.

Usually Novatek cameras are using lower bitrate than Ambarella.
does a higher bitrate help to captures more details like more light, a better sharpness , more color at the cost of a bigger video file?
No.
Higher bitrate can help only if image is not good because of encoder, for example macroblocks on image produced by the chipset „codec” (encoder). I dont see problems on GitUp images so this was the reason I said that I expect lower values for bitrate options.

enjoy,
Mtz

Good firm! Congratulation! But spanish traduction is very poor. In next firm you can improve it. You have a lot of client in spain

Good firm! Congratulation! But spanish traduction is very poor. In next firm you can improve it. You have a lot of client in spain

it's easily fixed but they'd need someone to offer the correct translations for each word in the menus

Does 2k and 1080p 24 frame could be something possible in a futur firmware?

@gitup - Bug report on git2 with November firmware:

While playing a video on the camera, it will actually turn off the camera after the default 3 minute power off timeout. I think if it's playing a video, it should not turn off, just like while recording.

Last edited:
it's easily fixed but they'd need someone to offer the correct translations for each word in the menus

@gitup, I'm happy to translate it into Spanish. Just share with me the current English and Spanish locales in two different text files and I'll give the Spanish one back to you with the right translation. :)

Last edited:
Does it matter what format you have the card set to I'm trying the update but doesn't seem to be working. Think it's set to exfat on a 64gb card. Cheers

Must be fat32. Format it in the camera first.
I think the camera formats in exFAT for 64GB, better to use a smaller card.

Note: FAT32 is required for firmware updates, exFAT is fine for recording.

Back