GitUp Git2 Firmware

Cheers folks, found a 4gb card and done the update worked 1st time

Edit- booted up no problem and I checked it had updated unfortunately turned it off and now it won't turn back on :/ plugged it into the mains, tried a different battery and the memory card back in but still no luck. Is there a reset button? Any ideas?

Last edited:
Cheers folks, found a 4gb card and done the update worked 1st time

Edit- booted up no problem and I checked it had updated unfortunately turned it off and now it won't turn back on :/ plugged it into the mains, tried a different battery and the memory card back in but still no luck. Is there a reset button? Any ideas?
We suggest you format the card for FAT32 format, and connect the camera with computer for upgrading.

If I plug it into my laptop it turns on and I get the pc camera and mass storage options, However as soon as I unplug it, it then turns off and won't come back on. Can I reload the v1 firmware?

I think you have a battery connection problem. Try to put a small piece of paper under the battery cover and in this way the battery is in contact for sure.
When testing a battery connection you can take out the battery cover and manually press the battery and during this time power on the camera.

enjoy,
Mtz

I think you have a battery connection problem. Try to put a small piece of paper under the battery cover and in this way the battery is in contact for sure.
When testing a battery connection you can take out the battery cover and manually press the battery and during this time power on the camera.

enjoy,
Mtz
Cheers shall give that a look when I get home.

@gitup it would be great if in next firm the display show when connect a external microphone.

@gitup it would be great if in next firm the display show when connect a external microphone.
May I know how do you think this is useful?
I thought if you connected the external MIC, definitely you know it is connected, no necessary to judge from display screen.

May I know how do you think this is useful?
I thought if you connected the external MIC, definitely you know it is connected, no necessary to judge from display screen.
Thanks for your reply

1.I have problem with micro, and I dont know if is problem of micro or problem of camera (port microusb or hardware).
2 . I can make test whith handmade installation and verify in display when is OK.
3.If I used long cable for micro and failed a intermediate connection I can show in display quickly
4. There are some adapter microusb-jack 3.5mm invalid for cam. In the moment of connection you show if is valid or no.

I think that all info shown in display is good for us

I hope my english was understandable

Mtz, seem to have my git2 up and running again. Thanks

Reactions: Mtz
Thanks for your reply

1.I have problem with micro, and I dont know if is problem of micro or problem of camera (port microusb or hardware).
2 . I can make test whith handmade installation and verify in display when is OK.
3.If I used long cable for micro and failed a intermediate connection I can show in display quickly
4. There are some adapter microusb-jack 3.5mm invalid for cam. In the moment of connection you show if is valid or no.

I think that all info shown in display is good for us

I hope my english was understandable
Unfortunately that will not work. It can detect the microphone because there is a resistor between 2 pins in the USB plug, it has no way of knowing if you have plugged all your 3.5mm jack plugs together.

A stereo volume level indicator on the screen would be nice to have, but not easy to add.

can someone post what is the procedure of updating the firmware??

I am also having trouble updating the firmware on my iMac. I have formated the sd card to Fat32 and followed the instructions but when I replug the camera it doesnt update and just goes to Mass Storage/PC webcam screen. What am I doing wrong?

Format the card in camera, copy the firmware file to the root of the memory card and power on the camera, make sure the battery is charged, don't connect it to your computer

Format the card in camera, copy the firmware file to the root of the memory card and power on the camera, make sure the battery is charged, don't connect it to your computer

yes that worked! thank you sir!

Not sure why @gitup wrote to connect to the computer... There's no reason to plug the camera into a computer unless your computer doesn't have an SD card slot or adapter.

When I plug it to the computer , I don t need to power up my cam , the firmware install by itself by pluging it.

Also I am using the computer method because I don't need to touch the card. After automatic upgrading the camera is connecting to PC in USB mode and I can easy delete the firmware directly from windows.
Also I am sure I have enough power to finish the firmware upgrade.

enjoy,
Mtz

Back