Pics that make you smile

PUUUUUuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuSSSSSSSSssssssssssHHHHHHHhhhhhhhh SHOVE :confused:

Mamil or MAMIL (an acronym standing for "middle-aged man in lycra".) is a middle aged man who rides an expensive racing bicycle for leisure, wearing professional style body-hugging bicycle jerseys and bicycle shorts.

I never really understood the ridicule aimed at these people until I started driving for a living and got to observe them. They look bloody ridiculous and they are in a fantasy world imagining that they are racing in the Tour de France, and that what they are wearing is in any way appropriate for what they are doing.

It has been below freezing here in the mornings, and I still see cyclists in their skin-tight leggings. Now I'm fully aware that going flat out they would be sweating even if they were completely naked.
But they are not going flat out continuously. They are not in a race. They are working their way through traffic which not only slows them down but creates risk of accidents. How much protection will lycra give them if they crash? None. How in the name of God do they imagine that lycra makes more sense than a simple pair of jeans? I've never experienced any difficulty riding in jeans, what kind of hardship do they think it would cause them?

To choose clothing that is designed to give you a few percent increase in speed rather than something that offers protection is insane, especially in cold weather with icy roads in busy town traffic.

What really annoys me is that these are not simply people who are going about their business and choosing a cycle as their means of going about it. These are people engaging in a hobby and imposing themselves on others in the process.

For the record, I do see plenty of people who are going about their business and choosing a cycle as their means of going about it. And I have every respect for them. They tend to be better behaved and less beligerent, for one thing.

Gas has dropped again. It may be at it's low point for the year, decade, rest of my life.
For this gas hog, the low price makes me smile. I can burn regular at $1.66 /gallon.
In the UK fuel is over £1 per litre or US$4.50 per gallon.
And we are STILL treated like dirt by the government, as if we were public enemy number one.

Last edited:
Perhaps you guys leaving the EU treadmill will be better, i think we Danes should leave too, maybe we should form our own little group based on where the vikings have been in the nordic region.

The NorthWest Trade and Defence Alliance. NWTDA :cool:

How in the name of God do they imagine that lycra makes more sense than a simple pair of jeans? I've never experienced any difficulty riding in jeans, what kind of hardship do they think it would cause them?

I don't understand that, either... Had some pretty harsh incidents involving me previously riding a bicycle while landing on the floor (some crashes, some other incidents involving my schoolcomrades)... I was ALWAYS lucky as I was wearing jeans...

While taking my bike for a ride now, I always see crashed lyra-people with severe injuries as lycra just does not protect as well as jeans do... And for some strange reason, not their cycling, not the poor protection, but always the bicycle is the reason why they got hurt so much... :-/

@kamkar1

read yesterday an arcticle of a former citizen who lived behind the iron curtain - he said "more europe, less EU" - reading it, i said to myself: gosh, he's right. We need more Europe, and less EuDSSR...

I always new - Students are strange, and some of them just poor little lambs who have lost their way... ;-)

post2.jpg

ha ha i was like ??? wtf is he on about o_O but now i see it :D

Not least the writing on the rear of the trailer :D in this case i think its wrong :p

I have asked for my remains to be ditshed outside Danish territorial waters and thats it, only other thing might be if ppl that knew me would say " the world surely became a little lesser place today" at least thats what i now do my best to work towards.

Then ppl can get ****faced and laugh at all the stupid "poo" i did too, thats allright by me. :D but it will be a small party for sure, dont have many in my life that will be there to honor me for what i was/became.

yeah if that clamp dont have a tracker in it, then deal with the problem when you get home.
I recomend grinder with cutting disk, no oxy acetylen near the expensive rubber.

Most PDs use this type (or should if they're not):

WheelBoot.jpg

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
DashcamDPR Off Topic 4
DrekiTech Off Topic 2
Back