GitUp Git2- Compatible Accessories-Firmware-Apps-Editing Software-etc

Can anyone comment about how this would work with the git2

SanDisk Ultra 128GB microSDXC UHS-I Card with Adapter, Black, Standard Packaging (SDSQUNC-128G-GN6MA)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/B010Q57S62
I don't recommend any Sandisk, should be OK but someone did have trouble recording at "4K" resolution with a Sandisk card and the current Git2 beta firmware and it is not unknown for Sandisk cards to have problems in video cameras.

I don't recommend any Sandisk, should be OK but someone did have trouble recording at "4K" resolution with a Sandisk card and the current Git2 beta firmware and it is not unknown for Sandisk cards to have problems in video cameras.

Thanks, any comment on this one

https://www.amazon.com/gp/B00X1404DA
From what I read I should be stocking up on Samsung EVOs.

Anybody know or have a video of how the Sony ECM-CS3 Microphone sounds on the Git2?
Someone did post a video a few weeks ago, don't know how to find it but I do remember it sounding surprisingly good, I think I recall it being a little weak for low bass but that is probably intentional to avoid problems with wind noise.

Thanks, any comment on this one

https://www.amazon.com/gp/B00X1404DA
From what I read I should be stocking up on Samsung EVOs.
No idea on Sony, they are not one of the commonly used brands but it will probably work fine. Samsung EVO or EVO+ certainly work fine but my only recommendation is to avoid SanDisk and make sure you don't buy a fake.

Class 10 should be fast enough but if you want to use the high bitrate mode then I think it is worth getting something better than a basic class 10, maybe only because the files are huge and transferring them to your computer is faster with a faster card.

No idea on Sony, they are not one of the commonly used brands but it will probably work fine. Samsung EVO or EVO+ certainly work fine but my only recommendation is to avoid SanDisk and make sure you don't buy a fake.

Class 10 should be fast enough but if you want to use the high bitrate mode then I think it is worth getting something better than a basic class 10, maybe only because the files are huge and transferring them to your computer is faster with a faster card.

Thanks for the help, waiting for banggood to ship my git2 and want to make sure everything is ready when it gets here

Is this a good mount for using Git1/Git2 as dash cam?
gitup mount 1.png gitup mount.png

I prefer a mount attached to the rear view mirror. Something like the bicycle mount.

Is this a good mount for using Git1/Git2 as dash cam?
Seems pretty simple and solid. But in my case I would prefer one that could place Git cam as near to the windscreen as possible because it has built-in wires for heating and this will put them to out-of-focus.

Seems pretty simple and solid. But in my case I would prefer one that could place Git cam as near to the windscreen as possible because it has built-in wires for heating and this will put them to out-of-focus.
It looks identical to the one I have on my windscreen which I like.

Mine does put the camera quite close to the glass, close enough that I can't remove the camera without pivoting the mount back away from the glass, and if I put my CPL filter on then there is only 1mm clearance.

Good points:
  • Ball joint so that you can point the camera any direction.
  • As short as is practical for a ball joint mount which makes it feel solid and minimises the chance of resonance.
  • Nicely angled base so that the ball joint is reasonably straight.
  • Ball joint pivots back nicely to remove the camera. (So that you can use it as an action camera.)
  • The base can easily be hidden behind the black dotted area leaving only the lens downward visible from outside.
  • Gives just enough room to the glass to be able to mount my CPL filter.
Bad points:
  • Doesn't work on vertical glass as the ball doesn't give enough angle (but this helps to keep it short which is more important.)
  • The lens is at the top of the camera so most of the camera can't be hidden behind the black dots, this is not a fault of the mount though!
  • No GPS like that mini0803 mount you have alongside!
It has quite a small area for the sticky tape, but this doesn't seem to be an issue, it does feel nice and solid.

It looks identical to the one I have on my windscreen which I like.

Mine does put the camera quite close to the glass, close enough that I can't remove the camera without pivoting the mount back away from the glass, and if I put my CPL filter on then there is only 1mm clearance.

Good points:
  • Ball joint so that you can point the camera any direction.
  • As short as is practical for a ball joint mount which makes it feel solid and minimises the chance of resonance.
  • Nicely angled base so that the ball joint is reasonably straight.
  • Ball joint pivots back nicely to remove the camera. (So that you can use it as an action camera.)
  • The base can easily be hidden behind the black dotted area leaving only the lens downward visible from outside.
  • Gives just enough room to the glass to be able to mount my CPL filter.
Bad points:
  • Doesn't work on vertical glass as the ball doesn't give enough angle (but this helps to keep it short which is more important.)
  • The lens is at the top of the camera so most of the camera can't be hidden behind the black dots, this is not a fault of the mount though!
  • No GPS like that mini0803 mount you have alongside!
It has quite a small area for the sticky tape, but this doesn't seem to be an issue, it does feel nice and solid.
If you use it with the git1, which has better night video, then you can mount the cam upside down and have less of it visible to the outside.

I'm looking for a good skeleton case for my git2, one with the LCD screen protected. I don't mind drilling extra holes to give the microphone some more room. Main requirement is to have better sound while protecting the camera as much as possible.

Does anyone have this one, or something similar? The lens covering looks really weird in the last two photos:

HTB1NEROHFXXXXX1XFXXq6xXFXXXi.jpg
HTB1UgXJHFXXXXchXFXXq6xXFXXXQ.jpg

Nice setup and mounting.

However it is kind of sad that most dashcams (like mini and others) including action cams, do not have a suction cup mounting with build in
anti jello (or vibration) mounting system. Image stabilization is nice but would be even better with a mounting like people have built
for the mobius cam. That would do a lot for dash cams even though the suspension removes some of it, the bumps here and there do show
up in the videos.

I'm looking for a good skeleton case for my git2, one with the LCD screen protected. I don't mind drilling extra holes to give the microphone some more room. Main requirement is to have better sound while protecting the camera as much as possible.

Does anyone have this one, or something similar? The lens covering looks really weird in the last two photos:

HTB1NEROHFXXXXX1XFXXq6xXFXXXi.jpg
HTB1UgXJHFXXXXchXFXXq6xXFXXXQ.jpg
I have this case. You can view the pics and url of aliexpress in message number 65 in this topic

I thought it might be nice to have a separate thread for compatible accessories for the Gitup Git2. Can keep the post up to date with items that have been tested and known to work with the Git2.

Battery
950mAh Li-ion Battery - $3.61
950mAh Li-ion Battery - $15.99
1100mAh Rechargeable Battery (2-Pack) and Dual Charge - $15.99 ***I own this pack with 3 batteries and they seem to hold a good charge.

Blog News
Gitup blog News

Cases
SHINEDA® GridCase - for GoPro 3 - $15.99

Chargers

Original SJCAM CD-DX06 Battery Charger - $4.14

Firmware Updates
Gitup2 Firmware

Gitup App/control
Android -Finalcam, Fusion Next,FN Cam
IOS - Finalcam, Fusion Next,

RF Wrist Remote Control - $29.90

Kits
LifeLimit HD Camera's Outdoor Sports Kit - $29.99 *** I own this and have used a few of the parts.

Lenses
Gitup 90 degree fov

Memory Cards
Samsung 64GB EVO Class 10 Micro SDXC Memory Card
32gb Samsung Evo Class 10 U1
Transcend, Samsung class 10 micr SD card, 32GB or 64GB card

Tested on Git2, firmware v1.4_0324:
32GB Sandisk Exteme Plus Class 10 U3
64GB Lexar Class 10 U1 633x

Microphone

1.9M Mini USB Microphone - $5.66
External microphone for Git1/Git2 - $19.90
BOYA BY-LM20 Lavalier Microphone - $22.75

Mounts

Online Stores
aliexpress
amazon
banggood
Gearbest

Reviews
Youtube Videos
Techtronics900
Pevly

Video Editing Software
GoPro Studio
Windows Movie Maker
MP4Cam2AVI
MKVToolNix
free way to defish videos (and photos) from Git2
Openshot

Video Playback Software
VLC Media Player
MPC-HC

How to Videos
Getting Started Guide for GoPro Studio.

Oh, man I think the Git2 was cheaper than the 128GB card.
o_O
enjoy,
Mtz

Actually the card was on sale for $49.99 (CAD), so it was pretty good. Wasn't sure it would work, but glad it did :)

Reactions: Mtz
This one Samsung 128GB EVO Class 10 Micro can be haad for $40 on amazon. I use the 64gb version of this with no issues.

Back