Review: AUSDOM A261 HDR UHD 2K 1296P Dashcam Car DVR Built in GPS-Gearbest.com

Hi, just got that cam, can you tell me how you transfer files to pc? when i conect it with usb cable to pc it nothing happens.

Do I need sd adapter and put cd card in to pc only?

There is no response from pc when conneted with cable, it only powers on and start recording ...

Thank you
Try different cable and/or different port.
If you have windows 10, ports are sometimes blocked.

Try different cable and/or different port.
If you have windows 10, ports are sometimes blocked.
Changed usb port. Worked thx

Sent from my SM-A800F using Tapatalk

1080p HDR vs 1296p whats better? Whats the difference? Whats better for low light?

I always use 2560x1080p.
1296p is only for testing. I like 2560 for vieweing in the wide screen monitors.

Rather than starting a new thread I thought I should chime in here first looking for advise. My camera had been working fine till today here are the events that has happened today

1) Camera froze and started beeping continuously. It was not responding to me pressing any of the buttons till I pressed the reset button, everything seemed to go back to normal at this point.
2) I have been using the camera for almost a week, only 40 minutes of commute each way and it had been working like a charm, today I had to go on a 2 hour trip down to the Cape and 3/4 of the way into the trip the camera started acting up. Recorded kept stopping every 18 seconds leading the screen to show the spinning "wait" wheel. It kept doing it till I turned the car off.
3) I formated the card using the camera to see if that would fix the issue, no dice.

I am using a 32GB sandisk class 10 card.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I have already contacted the manufacturers and the seller to start a RMA, I really love this camera and would hate to switch to something else :(.

I always use 2560x1080p.
1296p is only for testing. I like 2560 for vieweing in the wide screen monitors.
Why 1296p is for testing only?

Guess I stick with HDR then for everyday use.

Why 1296p is for testing only?

Guess I stick with HDR then for everyday use.

I mean I use 1296p just to have some video clips for review.
After that, my regular resolution is 2560x1080p.
HDR for low light but I don't change too often.

Off topic question, looking at the following screenshot from A261 disassembly video the battery looks familiar to the Mobius battery, my question is, can it be replaced with capacitors?

2hmf3ae.jpg

I know I might loose the motion activated recording while the car is parked but I dont intend on using it anyway, thoughts?

The design is unlikely to support capacitors, the firmware would need to be adjusted to suit as well, you'd need the manufacturer to do that

Guys, could you tell me where can I get spare mount and which one is good? I want to buy A261, but I have two cars (one is company's, other is mine) and I don't want to buy two DVRs.

Guys, could you tell me where can I get spare mount and which one is good? I want to buy A261, but I have two cars (one is company's, other is mine) and I don't want to buy two DVRs.
It's similar to g1w mount but not sure if it's exactly same or slightly smaller. I don't have g1w to try.

Thanks for reply. I suspect that DOD LS300W should also be compatible (at least it has similar mount hole, size may differ).

I've ordered two different mounts from Aliexpress:

I'll post later if they fit.

Thanks for reply. I suspect that DOD LS300W should also be compatible (at least it has similar mount hole, size may differ).

I've ordered two different mounts from Aliexpress:

I'll post later if they fit.
As long as the mounts are bigger, you can rub/file them and make them smaller to fit Ausdom.

Here is my review;

I have also posted the subset of the pros/cons section to Gearbest Comments;

The firmware is CAR DV 50 ARAK 151028A. I have no idea if this firmware is older or newer than CAR DV 50 ARAK 150718A. Even if it is, I could not find any website to download CAR DV 50 ARAK 150718A.

Pros:
+Delivered to Turkey in 15 days via Netherlands Post
+High quality, hard plastic material
+Embedded GPS receiver antenna
+Embedded small battery for short record durations after turn the car off
+Embedded 2" screen makes it easy to adjust or change settings
+Good packaging avoids cracks/accidents during delivery
+Small form factor makes it barely visible on car's front window
+HDR at 1920*1080 resolution
+Ambarella A7 processor
+30 fps record at 1920x1080 resolution
+Easy to use menu buttons and very basic/easy to use single menu screen with all options

Cons:
-Limited menu language options; English and Russian only
-GPS section in the menu and GPS icon on main screen show that it connects to GPS satellites, inside home but away from windows :)
-No information where to download new firmware versions,
-No mini HDMI cable sent to customer in the package,
-Although it records up to 2K, the device supports only up to 64GB SD Card
-Lack of 60 fps in resolutions higher than HD,
-Lack of HDR in 2K resolutions due to Ambarella A7 specs
-Car charger is too long in size. Better quality and shorter charger could be provided to gain from limited available space in the car
-Camera delivered with the finger print in front lens. Protective material could be attached to the lens, to avoid this type of mistakes on customs and or during packaging
-GPS Tracking and visualization software comes with CD; however most of the computers have no CD reader anymore. Download link could be provided in user manual.
-When I ordered, the camera was 85$. When I received after 15 days, gearbest reduced the price to 69$
-It is impossible to read any number plate with any resolution or any fps alternative at any time of the day.
-Even on Full Hd and UHD resolutions, the video is not crystal clear.
-Still images are disturbed and it seems like this firmware does not have disturbed image correction feature.
-Due to the inward lens design, there is no filter to reduce sunlight reflection from front mirror.
-On HDR, street lights and bilboards are too artificial and too shiny.

20160615_161316.jpg 20160615_161344.jpg 20160615_161357.jpg 20160615_161438.jpg 20160615_161455.jpg 20160615_161632.jpg 20160615_161815.jpg 20160619_224456.jpg

The 1st video is recorded at 1920*1080, 45 fps. File size for 5 minute video is 720 Mb. The number plate reading is impossible for the parked cars on the side.

The 2nd video is recorded at 1920*1080, 30 fps and it is HDR. File size for 2 minute 40 seconds video is 360 Mb. The number plate reading is still impossible for the parked cars on the side.

RESULT

1. I watched the results at Samsung JU6470 UHD Tv. The videos are not crystal-clear at any resolution.
  2. All the resolution and fps combinations are used, non of them are satisfactory or provide any similar result as on most of the advertisement videos.
  3. Firmware is different than advertised on forums. It is impossible to understand which version is the newer.
  4. There is no concreate information where and how to download and install firmware.
  5. If any of the Gearbest or Ausdom personnel wants to contact, I am here to listen.
  6. Can someone please tell me how to obtain similar results as on this video. I have tried the same resolution but it is nearly the same as on 1920*1080-30 fps non HDR.

Last edited:
Can someone please tell me how to obtain similar results as on this video. I have tried the same resolution but it is nearly the same as on 1920*1080-30 fps non HDR.
My video is not 1920.
It's 2560x1080p.

Back