LK-7950 WD + LK-350 B-type 1 Minuite Cut-Off

Adam323

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello There,
I am a new user in DashCamTalk and hopefully someone will be able to help me with my problem which is persistent for more than a year now. I use my LK-7950 mainly for parking mode that's why when I initially bought it, I got it along with the Lukas LK-570 but unfortunately the output of it was too low (5.7 volts) to start the LK-7950. I tried to replace the part but the official Korean website which I bought it from was hacked and down :/

Since then I bought 3 pieces of LK-290 but none of them worked properly (this cut-off device is so sensitive and most of the times it arrive broken already). The electrician who works on my car is expert and now he's expert in LUKAS (he did more than 12 installations only for me) and none of them worked as intended also my battery fully died because of this more than 8 times now!

Recently I bought LK-350 B-type and it's 100% properly wired but 9 out of 10 times the LK-7950 will die within 2 minute after turning the engine off (long enough to ensure it's working and short enough for the cut-off) no matter setting the cut-off per voltage or time, it doesn't honor the configurations at all and when this happen I need to manually reset the cut-off device (long press on the mode button) to power the LK-7950, if the engine is off then most probably it will die again and if it's on then it will work with no problems, why is this happening to me and is there anyone who can help out even with a hint, my electrician will commit a suicide if I brought the car to him one more time :/

Note: as we speak the input voltage is 13.2 when the engine is on and 12.4 when the engine is off

Hello There,
I am a new user in DashCamTalk and hopefully someone will be able to help me with my problem which is persistent for more than a year now. I use my LK-7950 mainly for parking mode that's why when I initially bought it, I got it along with the Lukas LK-570 but unfortunately the output of it was too low (5.7 volts) to start the LK-7950. I tried to replace the part but the official Korean website which I bought it from was hacked and down :/

Since then I bought 3 pieces of LK-290 but none of them worked properly (this cut-off device is so sensitive and most of the times it arrive broken already). The electrician who works on my car is expert and now he's expert in LUKAS (he did more than 12 installations only for me) and none of them worked as intended also my battery fully died because of this more than 8 times now!

Recently I bought LK-350 B-type and it's 100% properly wired but 9 out of 10 times the LK-7950 will die within 2 minute after turning the engine off (long enough to ensure it's working and short enough for the cut-off) no matter setting the cut-off per voltage or time, it doesn't honor the configurations at all and when this happen I need to manually reset the cut-off device (long press on the mode button) to power the LK-7950, if the engine is off then most probably it will die again and if it's on then it will work with no problems, why is this happening to me and is there anyone who can help out even with a hint, my electrician will commit a suicide if I brought the car to him one more time :/

Note: as we speak the input voltage is 13.2 when the engine is on and 12.4 when the engine is off

Lukasstore.com was not hacked. It was shut down, as Lukasdirect.com is now the official Lukas store. The hack warning that most browsers give when visiting Lukasstore.com is because the domain is just showing a file directory.

Please contact us at support@lukasdirect.com for your LK-570

The LK-7950 has a low voltage cut off built in. You do not need a LK-290 or LK-350.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello There,

From the voltage readings you have listed, your battery is running at a high enough voltage.
Have your electrician wire the camera up without any LK-290 or LK-350. Make sure he wires it correctly (acc to true acc line, and batt to a always on line. Test the always on line throughly, as some vehicles kill always live lines shortly after the doors are locked) . Then set your desired cutoff settings into the camera.
Let me know the results from this.

Lukasstore.com was not hacked. It was shut down, as Lukasdirect.com is now the official Lukas store. The hack warning that most browsers give when visiting Lukasstore.com is because the domain is just showing a file directory.

Please contact us at support@lukasdirect.com for your LK-570

The LK-7950 has a low voltage cut off built in. You do not need a LK-290 or LK-350.

Thanks for your response. I am writing a message for my LK-570 while we speak.

I know that the LK-7950 has a low voltage cut-off built in and I actually seen the options for it but it never worked in Parking mode at-least what I know of, is there anyway around that?

Thanks for your response. I am writing a message for my LK-570 while we speak.

I know that the LK-7950 has a low voltage cut-off built in and I actually seen the options for it but it never worked in Parking mode at-least what I know of, is there anyway around that?
The parking mode on the LK-7950 works great, unless it is not wired in properly, configured correctly, or there is a hardware problem with the camera.

The parking mode on the LK-7950 works great, unless it is not wired in properly, configured correctly, or there is a hardware problem with the camera.

Before installing the LK-350, the wiring was perfect and the LK-7950 was draining my battery till the very end, all functions were working, setting I guess it's only one slide in the Basic menu in the mobile application, disable Use External Power then set the voltage or the timer, once I save these settings the car never goes to the Parking mode after 5 minutes and stays on the driving mode forever!

Note: there's 3 clicks for the power button. I tried with the first and the second with no luck, the last one shuts down the camera!

I hope you help me solving this, please shed more light on the built-in cut-off functionality, I read the manual 3 times till now but this area is gray!

Before installing the LK-350, the wiring was perfect and the LK-7950 was draining my battery till the very end, all functions were working, setting I guess it's only one slide in the Basic menu in the mobile application, disable Use External Power then set the voltage or the timer, once I save these settings the car never goes to the Parking mode after 5 minutes and stays on the driving mode forever!

Note: there's 3 clicks for the power button. I tried with the first and the second with no luck, the last one shuts down the camera!

I hope you help me solving this, please shed more light on the built-in cut-off functionality, I read the manual 3 times till now but this area is gray!

The three "clicks" on the side of the camera are for the following.

OFF = off
ACC = Only on when the vehicle is on
ON = Always on (according to the settings)

I would try setting the power option settings from the computer Lukas Viewer and then save them on to the memory card.
There was a bug in earlier LK-7950 firmwares where the settings from some phones were not saving properly.
With that being said, make sure you update your camera to the latest firmware too, and download the latest Lukas viewer as well.

The three "clicks" on the side of the camera are for the following.

OFF = off
ACC = Only on when the vehicle is on
ON = Always on (according to the settings)

I would try setting the power option settings from the computer Lukas Viewer and then save them on to the memory card.
There was a bug in earlier LK-7950 firmwares where the settings from some phones were not saving properly.
With that being said, make sure you update your camera to the latest firmware too, and download the latest Lukas viewer as well.

Thanks for your reply, actually I updated my firmware to the latest stable release today and still my LK-7950 doesn't switch to Parking mode if the built-in cut-off option was enabled. I am on the Always ON mode!

382109996f976a556fccea69c11bb015.jpg

Correct parking mode settings should look like this from the application.

Proper settings from the computer lukas viewer will look like this.

Thanks for your reply, I am using the exact same settings but I never used the computer to do the settings so I will give it a try the first thing in the morning and get back to you with the results, thanks a million for your great help and effort :)

No problem :)
Let us know how it goes!

I had some free time and I decided to check it now so I toke my laptop to the parking to ensure the following:

1) The installed firmware update is properly installed and has no issues whatsoever (done).
2) Saving settings directly to the memory card without using the mobile application following your instructions (done).

The firmware is updated properly and all functionality is working as intended also your instructions have been exactly followed and settings were saved via the computer directly to the memory card but unfortunately results were the same. The parking mode works flawlessly without any issues as long as the built-in cut-off functionality is not activated but once it's activated the LK-7950 stays on the driving mode forever, the timer has been set to 10 seconds to shift to parking mode but it was simply ignored, any ideas or help will be highly appreciated!

Attachments

• Screeny.png
    Screeny.png
    112.9 KB · Views: 11
Try changing your cut off voltage to a lower voltage

I tried lowering the voltage while the timer is disabled, lowering the time while the voltage is disabled, enabling both and disabling both but unfortunately the LK-7950 never switch to parking mode before totally disabling this option, any idea?

Pump!
Note: till now I got no response from lukasdirect.com regarding my LK-530

Pump!
Note: till now I got no response from lukasdirect.com regarding my LK-530
Please have patience..
I have been waiting to hear back if we can get you a replacement LK-530 to United Arab Emirates. Neither Fedex, nor UPS will shipping these batteries to your country at this moment.

I tried lowering the voltage while the timer is disabled, lowering the time while the voltage is disabled, enabling both and disabling both but unfortunately the LK-7950 never switch to parking mode before totally disabling this option, any idea?
It sounds like either the camera is not properly installed, or that there could be a malfunction on your LK-7950 hardware. However I have yet to come across one that is malfunctioned.

Please have patience..
I have been waiting to hear back if we can get you a replacement LK-530 to United Arab Emirates. Neither Fedex, nor UPS will shipping these batteries to your country at this moment.

It sounds like either the camera is not properly installed, or that there could be a malfunction on your LK-7950 hardware. However I have yet to come across one that is malfunctioned.

Sorry for being inpatient, I thought I lost you and I have been trying to fix this problem for a very long time now :/

The camera installation is pretty straight and it's so hard to miss it specially when the one installing it is the service electrician. Historically the built-in cut-off feature never worked in Parking mode for me since I bought the camera, I always kept trying it because that's the main reason I bought it for and when I really gave up after having the LK-530 not working, I started buying LK-290 devices and recently LK-350 device.

If the built-in cut-off option is enabled on my LK-7950 then it will always be on Driving mode and will never shift to Parking mode :/

Sorry for being inpatient, I thought I lost you and I have been trying to fix this problem for a very long time now :/

The camera installation is pretty straight and it's so hard to miss it specially when the one installing it is the service electrician. Historically the built-in cut-off feature never worked in Parking mode for me since I bought the camera, I always kept trying it because that's the main reason I bought it for and when I really gave up after having the LK-530 not working, I started buying LK-290 devices and recently LK-350 device.

If the built-in cut-off option is enabled on my LK-7950 then it will always be on Driving mode and will never shift to Parking mode :/
I am really sorry that it is taking this long. Certainly is not the experience we strive for.

The problem is, it is nearly impossible to diagnose this remotely.
I tested a new lk-7950 this morning on Fi-21 for its parking mode, and it worked as expected.
Hmm. Could you check if either fuse is blown?

Below you can see how I tested the camera that I have.
By disconnecting the red acc line, the camera goes into parking mode after 30 seconds (default time)

b9ad25f0e02c432ef1e5eabed5acaa2d.jpg
ab398a9441175ac22ea47c36d120c90d.jpg

Thanks a million for your comprehensive and detailed reply, I just scheduled a service appointment Thursday early morning and I will confirm with you the status of the fuse along with the camera's connection to the fuse box by then, thanks again :)

Back