Video Guide - Flashing International Firmware on a Chinese Yi Dash Cam

So, once you flash the Chinese cam to English firmware, will it apply English firmware in the future? Will that be done easily, or will it have to be a manual process every time?

Thancam is correct flash English onto Chinese and will update english for all future updating

as of now do the english firmware gets updates as frequent as the chinese firmware?

Hi everybody, i having a problem, my cam just won't boot up. it will stuck at system language adaptation fail access denied. what can i do now?

Hi everybody, i having a problem, my cam just won't boot up. it will stuck at system language adaptation fail access denied. what can i do now?
where do you buy it ? Can you replace it ?

I would suggest you to put the Chinese Firmware on the SD card (if it is a Chinese version)

Can you detail what you did with ?

I bought it online via Lazada. I don't think they will entertain the warranty claim or replacement.
Try it. Lazada in my country will has warranty in this case.
I would suggest you to put the Chinese Firmware on the SD card (if it is a Chinese version)
As I read, it's bricked one. Not easy to install anything else.

just put the Chinese firmware on SD.

Finally... able to sort it out, it turns out that it requires FAT32 formatted card, so, it has to be 32Gb or smaller. tried to flash using 64Gb, but failed, it's due to it is ExFAT formatted.

Thanks to all of you, you guys are awesome!

after changing language to English, can not connect to app on phone. the app will quit unexpected when launch.

Already changed mine to English Firmware, applied an update that was pushed. Anyone who also updated to the latest one having issues capturing a photo from the companion app?

after changing language to English, can not connect to app on phone. the app will quit unexpected when launch.
Yes - I confirm, exactly the same. Yi Dash Camera app quits on iOS, can anyone confirm it is working for them?

Unfortunatelly, I didn't check if I could connect to camera when it was Chinese version with English app... :-/ If it works, I could live with Chinese cam pretty well as there's no real need to go into menus once the app is working fine.

Yi dashcam works fine on Android marshmallow 6.0 with some hiccups with wifi cuz it needs to shut off the connection with current WiFi router and replace it with connection with yi dashcam. After that no more problem

Yes - I confirm, exactly the same. Yi Dash Camera app quits on iOS, can anyone confirm it is working for them?

Unfortunatelly, I didn't check if I could connect to camera when it was Chinese version with English app... :-/ If it works, I could live with Chinese cam pretty well as there's no real need to go into menus once the app is working fine.
just find out, use the Windows Notepad or Mac's Microsoft Word to create "SN.txt" plain text, not the TextEdit.

Yes, exactly. And make sure you use only first 14 characters of SN. That's it, works like a charm now :)

Hi,
Please help me, I am trying to replace my SN, with correct step on the link below,
but my SN only replaced with "A" only, there is no other number.

How to recover my SN again.
Please help.
Thanks

Back