Video Guide - Flashing International Firmware on a Chinese Yi Dash Cam

Papabong

Country
Philippines
Hi,

newbie here need some help. i read page 1 to 4... V and i have the same problem.. Chinese version converted to english...but accdentally updated via App... (the International Version) , now at V-1.02.026-US I cannot connect my cam thru App.

orelson

Country
Canada
Hi Guys I tried converting my Yi Dashcam CABAAACNCO1650 from Chinese to English and a total failure. Now my dashcam only shows "System Language adaptation fail Access denied." error. How can i restore my dash cam to either english or chinese language? Any help will greatly appreciated.

sp3n5

Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys . I follow the steps to change to an English language , but I used my macbook for this so after a while , I manage to brick the dashcam. So first I upload the files engmode sn.txt and aaa222ccc.txt , and the blue screen pops up but I have noticed that on the serial number box says something like "*(&^%TUYG*&*(U " probably because of my Mac ,now after trying to reset 10 times and few time an emergency recovery , the cam still shows pink screen and Failed to addopt language. Im hopeless I don`t have an idea what to do next. I`ve tried many different fw chinese english and emergency , but still the same.

Attachments

Country
Singapore
Dash Cam
Yi Dash cam(front), Mini 0805 (rear)
I have 1.03.28 cn firmware on CA21LACNC1612.

Can't go into engineering mode. Got both SN.txt file and engmode

Please advise.

avim1990

Country
Israel
Hi,
Please help me.
I tried to change my cam from chinese to anglish and stuck with the screen saying:
"System language adaption fail. Access denied"

I think the problem happend because accidentially, the SN.txt file I saved with UTF-8 encoding.
Please can someone halp me..
How do I change the SN when I see the screen with the "System language adaption fail. Access denied" message??

thanks, Avi.

kumajaya

Country
Indonesia
I have 1.03.28 cn firmware on CA21LACNC1612.

Can't go into engineering mode. Got both SN.txt file and engmode

Please advise.
Newer version (CABAAA v2.1 in my case) need 3 files to enter engineering mode: SN.txt, engmode, and AAA222CCC.txt.

Make sure SN.txt single line only without whitespace, Windows EOL, ANSI encoding (default Notepad's text format).

Guide https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threa...-yi-dash-camera-version-cabaa-or-ca31a.26533/ should be working for you but don't forget to format your SD card in step 11.

Last edited:

DariuF

Country
Romania
Hello,

I have a CA31A dash camera and I wanted to change to English. During the process I did a really dumb thing, instead of writing the first 14 letter of the serial number in the SN.txt file, I wrote the last 14... Now, if I add the correct firmware, it got stuck to the YI pink logo. I have tried many other versions of firmware including emergency aid firmware from the official website. If I try the emergency aid the camera got stuck with the "System language adaption fail. Access denied". Any hints are welcome.

Thank in advance,
Darius

estore009

Retailer
Country
China
Dash Cam
B1W/Mini0906
Hello,

I have a CA31A dash camera and I wanted to change to English. During the process I did a really dumb thing, instead of writing the first 14 letter of the serial number in the SN.txt file, I wrote the last 14... Now, if I add the correct firmware, it got stuck to the YI pink logo. I have tried many other versions of firmware including emergency aid firmware from the official website. If I try the emergency aid the camera got stuck with the "System language adaption fail. Access denied". Any hints are welcome.

Thank in advance,
Darius
If your camera is this black color version,if yes,please contact seller for help to reboot it with previous firmware!