Pics that make you smile

Why would you use a spray, when you can use a gun. ;)

Switzerland thus has a relatively high gun ownership rate (31%-61% in 2005)

Nope.
Switzerland has an army based on the milita-system.
Meaning: every man (and volontairing woman) with 20 has to do bootcamp (15 or 18 weeks, depending on function). after that, you have your "personal effects" including the rifle (but no ammunition) at home; after bootcamp, you have normally 6 "repetition courses"; reading 6 x 2 (or depending on your function) 6 x 3 weeks. normally, once each year. Absolving those 6 x 2/3, you have to travel to different locations (Edit: the locations are not necessarly camps, but also bunkers, out in the green, aso)... Hence the whole effects "on man", so to speak. During this (normally) 6 years, you have to shoot the "Obligatorische"; a mandatory programm to "keep in touch with the rifle"; as sometimes a service has to be posponed, it is not possible to shoot during service; it's normaly held on a weekend in local shooting-clubs. That's why the rifle's at home, too -> so everyone can attent the yearly mandatory program...

Unfortunatly, ABSOLUTLY NO STATISTIC, swiss, european, nor american, differs between "private ownership of a gun" (VERY low due to the hard requierments) and "ownership due to military service". Though, it is possible to keep your rifle (modifed from automatic to single-shot) after service, but you'll have to proof you're shooting in a club (incl. tournaments!), you'll have to make a license to own the gun, proof you'll have a space to lock the gun away safley aso... And therefore many ex-soldiers return their rifle...

(I had to return my gun, as due to a whiplash-syndrom after a car-accident, I couldn't attent the tournaments for the "proof of need")

A short but needed explanation... Sorry for the OT

Talking about policeman with speed gun:
xem-canh-sat-giao-thong-cac-nuoc-to-chuc-ban-toc-do-517-1392265838-52fc4a6e3fac6.jpg

csgtbantocdo3jpg1429429062.jpg

csgtbantocdo6jpg1429429063.jpg
csgtbantocdo4jpg1429429063.jpg
csgtbantocdo2jpg1429429062.jpg

when driving, if we find a police with speed gun, that mean: It's ok to drive fast, because it will be a scarecrow surely =))
hinh-nom-csgt-ban-toc-do-hai.jpg

Like Diogenes in his ton ;-)
(just waited him to recite some philosophical topics ;-)

Q: how did he manage to get in there?? :)

It looks like somebody figured out this Thai cop was fake, whether awake, or not.

epa04814938-a-tourist-walks-past-a-police-themed-statue-in-bangkok-ewgwyw.jpg

Thancam, one advantage of the USA being a richer country is, we can afford more elaborate fake cops.
0_61_dummy_320.jpg

dummy.jpg

53ebe998de433.image.jpg

r960-382fb2f0c5b8d4d05c10a765eb77b803.jpg

It looks like somebody figured out this Thai cop was fake, whether awake, or not.
Thancam, one advantage of the USA being a richer country is, we can afford more elaborate fake cops.
But in my country, policemans maybe be richer than ones in yours. The fine is about 100$ for 20 km/h over, 32$ for just 5 km/h. And "the victim" will made a deal 50 - 50 with policeman because even we want to pay the fine, it'll take at least 2 day off to pay money because of bureaucracy.
One policeman can earns about 1000$ - 2000$ everyday. But they cant have it all, they have to pay half of this to their supervisors. :confused:

Bike thief lassoed by man on horseback
https://kobi5.com/news/thief-lassoed-by-man-on-horseback-29140/
In my part of USA, there is still a part of the wild west remaining. Today, in a small town (Eagle Point, Oregon) a man was trying to escape stealing a ladies bike, and a cowboy happened to be in the right place at the right time. Robert Borba was at the local Wal-Mart. “I hear a lady yelling, ‘Stop him he stole my bike!'” Robert Borba (a rodeo bull rider) could tell the man was getting away, so he got Old Grey from the trailer and went for him.
Another fella, Rob Roque was working outside the store when it happened, snapping the pictures of the cowboy hero in action. “He did it so well, I thought man he must be in a rodeo or something, it was perfect,” Roque says.
roped bike theif.jpg
The thief jumped from the bike to run into the field. “I just roped him and the rope went down around his feet and I just rode off like I would if I’d roped a cow or something by myself,” Borba explains. Borba dragged the thief back to the store and held the man until Eagle Point police arrived, and then headed back to the farm to tend to his horses. “Poor gals bike that could have been her only transportation,” Borba says, “stealing ain’t right so I figured get him stopped you know?” Officers arrested the suspect, Victorino Sanchez, on a theft charge. He’s being held at the Jackson County Jail.
Cowboy-Family.jpg

Bike thief lassoed by man on horseback
https://kobi5.com/news/thief-lassoed-by-man-on-horseback-29140/
In my part of USA, there is still a part of the wild west remaining. Today, in a small town (Eagle Point, Oregon) a man was trying to escape stealing a ladies bike, and a cowboy happened to be in the right place at the right time. Robert Borba was at the local Wal-Mart. “I hear a lady yelling, ‘Stop him he stole my bike!'” Robert Borba (a rodeo bull rider) could tell the man was getting away, so he got Old Grey from the trailer and went for him.
Another fella, Rob Roque was working outside the store when it happened, snapping the pictures of the cowboy hero in action. “He did it so well, I thought man he must be in a rodeo or something, it was perfect,” Roque says.
View attachment 23729
The thief jumped from the bike to run into the field. “I just roped him and the rope went down around his feet and I just rode off like I would if I’d roped a cow or something by myself,” Borba explains. Borba dragged the thief back to the store and held the man until Eagle Point police arrived, and then headed back to the farm to tend to his horses. “Poor gals bike that could have been her only transportation,” Borba says, “stealing ain’t right so I figured get him stopped you know?” Officers arrested the suspect, Victorino Sanchez, on a theft charge. He’s being held at the Jackson County Jail.
View attachment 23730

Great thing... Should train NCY police how to do this, would prevent many car-chases where cars chasing pedestrians ;)

I wish i could say in my part of Danmark there is still part of the old Denmark, but sadly its all new and all bad.

funfact: in one of my last "don't loose your CDL-class" (new laws: every CDL-driver has to attend 5 classes per 5 years to not loose his/hers license), i had a (female) truck-driver-colleague...

she was able to park a 40to-trailer-combi (trailer with central pivot table) perfectly, in reverse, to a ramp, in just one try. (I needed some more there...)

...but parking a normal car in reverse, she did need 8 trys to get it right...

(unfortunatly, the insturctor who has been filming all attempts has never sent the videos ;)

I am both amused and outraged.
WHY are parking spaces reserved for women?????

well, officialy, it's because they are closer to the entrys, so it's more secure for the women... But strangly, those reserved parking-lots are much wider and longer than the normal ones... Some say it is due to it's easier to get children out of their cars, but then, on the other hand, there are too many pictures like that circling around the world...

Hard to decide WHAT the (real) reason is ;-)

A trailer where the front weels can pivot is a mans thing to reverse, thats allso why thats what you learn on when getting certified for truck + trailer.

Anyone can park a regular trailer with just wheels in the rear, or a camper with 1 or 2 axels in the middle of the damm thing,or ppl shold at least be able to do so.
My frind just cant handle trailers of any type in reverse, so when its not a strait forward situation he jump out of the car and let me do it.

...that is called a "pivot table"; and SHE parked it perfectly... (not only as a camper on a car, but 40to, lorry with trailer!!) But she had problems parking her car (without trailer)

A trailer where the front weels can pivot is a mans thing to reverse....
The very first time I had to back a trailer that's the type is was. :(

Only took two attempts. :D

I think there is just one country in the world totally covered as Street View by Google Maps, but the funny thing for me is that was done without using a car as usual, but by a walking man.

Street view Pitcairn.jpg

enjoy,
Mtz

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
DashcamDPR Off Topic 4
DrekiTech Off Topic 2
Back