Compatible micro sd card for F770

akash24

Reaction score
Country
Qatar
Hi guys I am a new owner of F770. I wanted to buy a larger micro sd card (my f770 comes with 16gb). Can you guys share your experiences with the model of sd card that is working on F770. Thank you

Sent from my SM-N920C using Tapatalk

From talking to blackboxmycar.com, they recommend Lexar 633x or Samsung Evo+ SDXC.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/B012PQKFNI
This Amazon review has a lot of speed test results:
https://www.amazon.com/review/R28CO...-glance&nodeID=541966&store=pc#wasThisHelpful
For 128GB cards:
128 GB Alphabetically
Lexar 633x -- 78, 28, 3.3, 1.4 <== the listed product
PNY High Performance -- 81, 22, 5.4, 0.9
Samsung EVO+ -- 82, 26, 5.9, 1,2
Sandisk Ultra -- 92, 19, 6.4, 2.4

The Lexar 633x 128GB has a faster write speed but lower read speed than the Samsung Evo+ 128GB.

I am still using the 64GB card that came with my bundle. I am debating if I need 128GB storage. I will probably eventually get a 128GB card.

Thank you @Sir Loin .I purchased this card this morning and it is working out of the box. Let's see how this card performs in a couple of days.

rsz_img_3007.jpg

I picked up this card a while back, https://www.amazon.com/gp/B01CO48M36 and have been using it in my F770 for a few days. I keep getting "Memory card error" and "Please insert memory card" errors occasionally after the unit is coming out of parking mode or power up for the first time. If I eject the card and pop it back in, it works but I really want one that just works all the time... I might give the Lexar 633x 128gb a try and see. I just don't want to keep wasting money on sd cards though lol.

I picked up this card a while back, https://www.amazon.com/gp/B01CO48M36 and have been using it in my F770 for a few days. I keep getting "Memory card error" and "Please insert memory card" errors occasionally after the unit is coming out of parking mode or power up for the first time. If I eject the card and pop it back in, it works but I really want one that just works all the time... I might give the Lexar 633x 128gb a try and see. I just don't want to keep wasting money on sd cards though lol.

Hope it's a genuine card, I've been using the Evo+ 128GB for a while now in both the F750 and F770 with no issues. Surprised Samsung's higher end card would be giving you issues.

I've been using the Evo+ 128GB for a while now in both the F750 and F770 with no issues. Surprised Samsung's higher end card would be giving you issues.

Alrighty then, I just ordered the Evo+ 128GB since BlackboxMycar has been using it with no problem :D

Hope it's a genuine card, I've been using the Evo+ 128GB for a while now in both the F750 and F770 with no issues. Surprised Samsung's higher end card would be giving you issues.

Thanks for the quick reply Justin - I got my 770 from you btw :) Yeah, I'm pretty sure its a legit card, I bought it from best buy off the shelf and it was sealed and didn't looked tampered with at all... Oh well, if you recommend the Evo+, ordered.

I forgot to ask in my last reply - no issues running a front and rear camera with the Evo+ ?

I forgot to ask in my last reply - no issues running a front and rear camera with the Evo+ ?

Good question actually since the bitrate is almost doubled when you run a rear cam but no problems in my own vehicle with the Evo+ 128GB
Just wanted to check with the Pro+ card did you try formatting inside the unit?

Good question actually since the bitrate is almost doubled when you run a rear cam but no problems in my own vehicle with the Evo+ 128GB

I'm fairly confident I did - but it wouldn't hurt to do it again. I'll do that tonight when I get home and see if it helps. If it does, I'll cancel my EVO+ order from amazon. :) Thanks Justin! I also just received a right angle micro usb extension (to hook up the rear cam) from amazon, so I'll be testing that tonight as well.

I formatted it in the camera and still had issues tonight. The Evo+ should be here tomorrow so hopefully I have more success with that one. On a side note - I've tried two different right angle micro usb extensions/adapters and can't get the rear camera to work, any update on when you'll have one available?

If the F770 is the same as the F750 in this respect, it requires that all 5 pins be connected at the main camera. In my case I found that it would tolerate only 4 pins being connected at the rear camera and I assume that the length of the wire to pin 4 (OTG ID) allowed the electronics within the main camera to function (due to leakage/interference in the cable), however I cannot say if this would be stable since I could not leave the 4-core adaptor connected to the rear cable since it made DAB interference worse. Again in my experience the majority of micro-USB extension/adaptor cables are only 4-core with pin 4 unconnected.

If the F770 is the same as the F750 in this respect, it requires that all 5 pins be connected at the main camera. In my case I found that it would tolerate only 4 pins being connected at the rear camera and I assume that the length of the wire to pin 4 (OTG ID) allowed the electronics within the main camera to function (due to leakage/interference in the cable), however I cannot say if this would be stable since I could not leave the 4-core adaptor connected to the rear cable since it made DAB interference worse. Again in my experience the majority of micro-USB extension/adaptor cables are only 4-core with pin 4 unconnected.
Yeah that's what I'm finding so far too... Amazon stuff is pretty much 4 wire extensions - I'll wait until @BlackboxMyCar has something in stock I guess.

Niko who is a member of this forum sells right-angled extension cables and one of them is 5-core. Unfortunately the plug was a bit too big for my liking (I have an F750 in a RHD car so the plugs are very visible from the drivers seat) so I ended up making my own: I got a plug assembly and a socket board from eBay and cut one of the 4-core extension cables I had bought, using the ground wire for pin 4 and the shield as the ground. If you don't find a ready-made cable to match your needs maybe that's an option for you too?

I ordered a Samsung Evo+ 128GB card from Amazon and it arrived yesterday. I just put it into my F770 and it started recording with it. I didn't need to initiate a format. It probably formatted it automatically.

Very curious what the difference between Evo+ and the Pro+ were.
Great video Josh, did he have a blowout? Glad there weren't any other accidents, it's always tricky when you have to stop on the highway especially with all the drivers staring down at their phones
also... sub'd for more RS content :D

Very curious what the difference between Evo+ and the Pro+ were.
Great video Josh, did he have a blowout? Glad there weren't any other accidents, it's always tricky when you have to stop on the highway especially with all the drivers staring down at their phones
also... sub'd for more RS content :D
I'm not sure what it is that causes the problems with the Pro+, is there a tool you recommend to test it to verify its stated performance?
I think the guy in front of him suddenly stopped or cut him off and it startled the guy in the van so he slammed on the brakes and it pulled hard right into the wall. It was scary even for me and I was far back lol.

Thanks for the sub! I'll try and keep the vids coming. :)

You can try running a test with H2testw to see if there's a speed difference.
I'm guessing there are differences with the cards memory controller that made it incompatible though.

You can try running a test with H2testw to see if there's a speed difference.
I'm guessing there are differences with the cards memory controller that made it incompatible though.
Thanks, I'll give it a try later today and see; but I'm fairly confident your right on the memory controller.

Back