Compatible micro sd card for F770

I did of course explore the THINKWARE cards, but annoyingly they only go up to 64GB, whereas other people are using with total success other brands of cards, that are not only less expensive but faster read/write speeds, the 64 GB card is £40 delivered, even my el crappo nextbase cams allow use of other sd cards, I had a situation where I needed to retain some footage but with to my mind VERY limited capacity(32GB) on present card had to disconnect rear cam to ensure enough space so as not to over write.
It is a pity that thinkware does not have much in the way of back up, or listen to customers, if they produced cards with higher than 64GB I would seriously consider one.
It is obvious thinkware do not make the cards themselves the same as other cam makers I expected making sure all the things to look for via the youtube video would ensure success, but sadly not to be, think I am going to try samsung card as work perfect in 5 other cams I know.

yes there are people using larger cards without issue in the F770, conversely there are those that have had all sorts of trouble with larger cards, the support for alternative cards on these is one of their downsides unfortunately

Bloody annoying ha ha, thanks for the input.
regards chris

I wish I had read this topic before ordering a Lexar 633X UHS-1 class 10 64gb card, I have tried re-formatting and still get the dreaded error message so this is one card to avoid.

Attachments

• card01.jpg
    card01.jpg
    227.9 KB · Views: 27
  • card02.jpg
    card02.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 31
I wish I had read this topic before ordering a Lexar 633X UHS-1 class 10 64gb card, I have tried re-formatting and still get the dreaded error message so this is one card to avoid.

There are two versions of the lexar 633x memory cards, the older ones that have a part number of LSDMI128B1NL633R or LSDMI128B1EU633R work any of the other newer cards that end with an (A) dont work at all.

I have one of the older 128gb cards and works flawlessly.

Another card i have tried is the sandisk extreme pro 64gb XCI, that one works fine too.

There are two versions of the lexar 633x memory cards, the older ones that have a part number of LSDMI128B1NL633R or LSDMI128B1EU633R work any of the other newer cards that end with an (A) dont work at all.

I have one of the older 128gb cards and works flawlessly.

Another card i have tried is the sandisk extreme pro 64gb XCI, that one works fine too.

Yes thanks I have just tried a sandisk extreme pro 64gb I had already in a go pro hero 4 silver and yes it works, but I also have a sandisk ultra 64gb in another camera I think somewhere I read these wont work in the F770 also, I wonder why the F770 is so fussy on memory cards I see someone theory was beacause Thinkware sell there own brand of card, but so does Trancend but my Trancend 220 dash cam takes takes any card certainly upto 64gb have not tried any larger.

Yes thanks I have just tried a sandisk extreme pro 64gb I had already in a go pro hero 4 silver and yes it works, but I also have a sandisk ultra 64gb in another camera I think somewhere I read these wont work in the F770 also, I wonder why the F770 is so fussy on memory cards I see someone theory was beacause Thinkware sell there own brand of card, but so does Trancend but my Trancend 220 dash cam takes takes any card certainly upto 64gb have not tried any larger.

I know what you mean, it is a bit ridiculous that the thinkware f770 cant take all 128gb cards also its a top of range dash cam, i did have a transcend driverpo 200 and that worked with a samsung plus 128gb card thats classed as a starter cam.

Thinkware should just bring out there own 128gb card and then all would be good. The iphone app needs improved too because i have had times where i couldnt view any footage, the app just kept crashing. The only way i was able to re connect was to factory reset my iphone.

I know what you mean, it is a bit ridiculous that the thinkware f770 cant take all 128gb cards also its a top of range dash cam, i did have a transcend driverpo 200 and that worked with a samsung plus 128gb card thats classed as a starter cam.

Thinkware should just bring out there own 128gb card and then all would be good. The iphone app needs improved too because i have had times where i couldnt view any footage, the app just kept crashing. The only way i was able to re connect was to factory reset my iphone.

I dont have that problem I using a old Samsung Galaxy SIII android phone, I think the firmware & the app could be improved on they could give you the option to rotate the rear camera image which would make installation easier, give you the option not to record on the rear camera when not required during parking mode, the actual design of the front camera module could be improved buttons are not easy to locate, it looks like the Thinkware did not concider accessing the buttons especially in the dark as most F770 are hidden behind the rear view mirror, it might have helped if they had coloured certain buttons or even rubberised just the wifi one.

Thinkware could certainly have done better with the camera buttons, maybe making the REC one much more obvious and in a different spot to others, having the option of uk time/date format, getting rid of the stupid(as in no option)48hrs parking recording, what if you're on holiday ?, I too noted the lack of being able to invert rear cam, I assumed when the label was right way up picture would be but it's upside down, maybe the best thing that could happen would be for thinkware to LISTEN to customers, and sort the card compatibility issue, the microphone is also very weak I find.

Just received a Samsung 64gb EVO Plus UHS-1 class 10 and this one works ok, what I did was copy files across from the working Sandisk Extreme 64gb class 10 card inserted into the F770 which it acepted straight away I then pressed format card in the F770 and thought this may make the F770 spit it out but no all looks good, so I will leave the card in and see if it continues to work ok, not sure if anyone has tried the 128gb version of this card yet.

On the back of the packet is Model:MB-MC64D Model Code: MB-MC64DA/APC

Oilburner thanks for the great info there,
regards

I have just got refunded the money I paid on begay for a LEXAR 633X 64GB sd card. the vendor when asked for a refund said the whole latest batch he got were "faulty" and refunded without hesitation.
I today tried a samsung pro 32GB card in my F770, but although it looked good at first, ie no card error warning it wouldn't work, it did all the normal things apart from saying CONTINUOUS RECORDING WILL NOW START, it told me GPS was on etc, but just would not record!!

Hi guys, I just bought the F770 and it's brilliant, really good quality camera. I've tried to upgrade the car from 16gb to 64gb with a Samsung Micro SD Memory Card 64GB, EVO XC1 but had no luck with it. I spoke with Thinkware and they advised me that it has to be a U1-XC1 (Class 1 card) - no idea where to find a reasonable priced one. But I've always thought memory cards all do the same thing, i.e store data... but there you go! So I'm just sharing my info in case someone else decide to do the same thing.

hi all.

I'm about to buy this camera in Australia. Would the Samsung Evo+ specs be sufficient for 2 channels bitrate?

Don't get the Samsung...

I listened to the video on youtube above and purchased a lexar 633x 64GB card, card error system restarting is all I get, just want a decent size card got the thinkware f770 with 32GB but using both cams limited time would prefer 128GB just fed up with cards that don't work, and peed off with different brands won't work with each other, any advice warmly welcomed, thanks.
Before I forget fantastic cam well pleased with but some annoying design/software issues such as date/time format cannot be put to uk/english from american format, instruction booklet a joke, time to start after ignition on way too long, only record parking for 48 hrs ?
regards

Did you end up getting anything? this is way to confusing

Yes I got the LEXAR 633X to start with from ebay for £20 it had next to no capacity lots of problems with it, contacted seller and he to be fair said right away he had been supplied with numerous FAKE cards, the whole batch he said, and so refunded via paypal without any problem.
Having had enough of problems I then bought a genuine THINKWARE 64GB card from chameleon uk, it worked right away and I formatted it right away, it has been perfect.

Thanks for the reply, so it's like this one??? I might wait for the price to come down I'm thinking...

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-05-22 at 6.27.12 am.png
    Screen Shot 2017-05-22 at 6.27.12 am.png
    76.1 KB · Views: 25
Back