Shadow GT680W

Chinese designers, what can I say, I can't tell you how much re-educating I've been doing with our designer to get his head around doing an all black unit with no bling on it

Yes, with no bling, no chrome, no lights, just flat black. Two alternatives: 1) supply a decal kit that is flat black to cover up the bling, or 2) make the bling just vinyl labels that can be peeled off during unpacking leaving a flat black camera. :)

The other issues is the material used for the suction cup. The clear suction cups are really visible from the outside, they show up as white on the windshield. A black suction cup, like on RAM mounts, I think would add to stealthiness.

Or another idea, if there is to be bling, can it be made functional like camouflage? Random diagonal slashes so the camera body looks like just reflections off the windshield.

Keep up the good work Jokiin with the designers.

Last edited:
Yes, with no bling, no chrome, no lights, just flat black. Two alternatives: 1) supply a decal kit that is flat black to cover up the bling, or 2) make the bling just vinyl labels that can be peeled off during unpacking leaving a flat black camera. :)

no nothing like that, for our model it's all black, no gloss etc on any forward facing part of the camera at all

Would be nice if someone could report their experience with GT680W. Looking at the first page, it would seem that GT680W is more or less the same as GT330W/GT550W, with a different case and GPS. aliexpress claims GT680W is better and with more features than GT300W.

The lens has not been increased? Would be nice if billknow (foxoffer) could enlighten us, and update their product page with specifications for GT680W.

Last edited:
Would be nice if someone could report their experience with GT680W. Looking at the first page, it would seem that GT680W is more or less the same as GT330W/G550W, with a different case and GPS. aliexpress claims GT680W is better and with more features than GT300W.

The lens has not been increased? Would be nice if billknow (foxoffer) could enlighten us, and update their product page with specifications for GT680W.

I will try to do a full review with all tests and videos within next week.

have you tried regsitrator viewer? if your camera is a supported model there's some settings there to swap co-ordinates to correct GPS problems, some will just work without you having to change anything, good program if it works for your camera

I think similar situation was with Panorana2.
Registrator viewer BETA version works fine.

Strange, - according to this RAW video file I can see that GT680W has 15Mbps.

Don't knwo who to believe: Taobao, or other sources ?
Best is to wait until I receive my gt680w, then I can be sure 100%.

it's not to say they all come from the same source (the actual camera I mean), it could even come down to the customer, even if from the same manufacturer some wholesalers order cameras and take them how they come, others may make requests for changes so the same looking stock can be different depending on the buyer and/or the seller

it's not to say they all come from the same source (the actual camera I mean), it could even come down to the customer, even if from the same manufacturer some wholesalers order cameras and take them how they come, others may make requests for changes so the same looking stock can be different depending on the buyer and/or the seller

Yes, I assume that they come from same stock, but why taobao seller "advertises" lower disadvantage bit-rate of 12.5 Mbps vs 15Mbps ( if its true ? )
I know from past bad experience, some Taobao sellers making false advertisement in favour to get some kind of advantage for the product, for example I bought one dash cam with 2.5Mbps bit-rate, but they assured me on the first place it had 12Mbps. After 30 days there is no claim on Taobao :(. So usually they write MORE specs than they are, but it's looks like in this case they wrote less ?! :confused:

could be just a typo, or the spec has changed, different production run, seller has no idea what it means etc, plenty of reasons why it can be incorrect

I wrote to the developer Regsitrator viewer. He sent me a NEW version https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BzimaSPeVAGpWm9vZ3FUQTBZaFU/edit?usp=sharing
with support for GT680W. Now GPS data is displayed correctly.

RegistratorViewer developer is doing a great job. First he helped to sort out gps data reading / displaying for Panorama2, I think it took him few days after issue addressed.
I am even more impressed that gt680w addressed issue by you was sorted our overnight.
Thumbs up to Vadim and well deserved donations.

A contribution was left to solve a future problem. good job.

could be that the version without gps is 12.25Kbps and GPS version is 15.25Kbps?.

Back