last mp4 record not be able to open

bibace

Reaction score
Country
China
Hi everyone

I am new to here. I just experienced an issue that the last record file can not be open on Windows media player.

I setup ten minutes video for each record.

The last one normally be recorded less that.

Anyone who knows how to solve problem.

Cheers

is the file corrupt?

does the camera shutdown correctly?

have you tried a shorter file length, same problem?

is the file corrupt?

does the camera shutdown correctly?

have you tried a shorter file length, same problem?

I am not sure if the camera shutdown correctly but I turn off my vehicle as normal.

I think you may right the power off directly and the file corrupt.

But isn't it should be considered by manufacturer or should I manually turn off the camera first then shutdown the engine?

When you turn of your car, does camera shuts down immediately or are the LED lights on for couple of more seconds (around 10)?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

When you turn of your car, does camera shuts down immediately or are the LED lights on for couple of more seconds (around 10)?

I didn't notice that so far. I will check that later today.

it should always shutdown correctly, best to check that in case it has some fault
Thank you for your great help, jokiin.

You mean I need to manually turn off the camera first, right?

I am a little disappointed that the capacitor can not even hold a few second more to correctly record the video file?

You mean I need to manually turn off the camera first, right?

no

I am a little disappointed that the capacitor can not even hold a few second more to correctly record the video file?

turn off the car, do the lights on the camera go out immediately or a few seconds after power is cut?

no

turn off the car, do the lights on the camera go out immediately or a few seconds after power is cut?
I guess the camera shutdown straight away otherwise the file should not be corrupted.

Do check. I had the same problem and both capacitors were blown. Waiting for warranty replacement now.

better you check it instead of guessing
Thank you. Definitely will try it tonight on my way home.

Can I just ask which power plugin do you guys use? on the dashcam body itself? or on the GPS module?

I always use the one on the GPS module.

Thank you. Definitely will try it tonight on my way home.

Can I just ask which power plugin do you guys use? on the dashcam body itself? or on the GPS module?

I always use the one on the GPS module.

it shouldn't make any difference which power input you use

it shouldn't make any difference which power input you use
Hi Jokiin, I just tried it on a normal usb charging port, after unplug in it, the camera can hold for seconds ( LED was on for seconds ).

use it like that for a while and see if you still get any broken files
No problems at all on a USB charging adapter and dashcam it self.

I will try anything wrong on GPS Module

I still have the same issue. If the dash is connected on GPS module. when the vehicle turns off and the camera shutdown immediately.

But tried on charging USB adapter without GPS module there's no problem at all.

I got my A119 from everbuying.com yesterday.

@viofo

Last edited:
try using the included cigarette lighter adapter but plug it into the side of the camera instead of the GPS unit. that will tell you if the problem is the power adapter or the GPS unit.

try using the included cigarette lighter adapter but plug it into the side of the camera instead of the GPS unit. that will tell you if the problem is the power adapter or the GPS unit.
The problem is still there. I believe it is a bug of A119. After I shutdown the car and all power should be cut off. I can see the camera red led still on for seconds which means the capacitor works.

But the last file still can not be opened in windows media player.

I just recommended the viofo and A119 to my colleagues now I withdraw my recommendation coz it still has plenty of issues need to be fixed first.

Back