A119 last video are broken

luc4s

Reaction score
Country
Poland
A few days ago I bought A119 cam and I think is broken :( If I plug off the power the last video on the card is no readable. Also if I change my settings and I plug off/ on the power my settings are lost.

I have this camera from Banggood so warranty is not easy. Camera has 2.06 firmware.

sounds like a super cap issue get it replaced.

Is your A119 a V1 camera and are you powering the camera through the GPS mount?

If the last file is corrupted every time you unplug power, it sounds like there is a problem with the super capacitors. You'll need to get a warranty replacement.

It is from Banggood, so warranty repair is not easy, but Viofo promised me to send a new capacitors and I will try to replace it. I saw that corrupted video can repair playing it in build camera player. The player repair the file and overwrite it.

It is from Banggood, so warranty repair is not easy, but Viofo promised me to send a new capacitors and I will try to replace it. I saw that corrupted video can repair playing it in build camera player. The player repair the file and overwrite it.
While it's probably a capacitor issue, I have heard similar issues when powering through the GPS mount on a V1 camera. Is yours a V1 or V2?
Does the camera shut off instantly when power is cut, or does it take a few seconds for it to shut down?

It is V2. Sometimes the red led turn off and after 1 sec turn on and again turn off after 2-3 sec, in other situation turn off immediatelly. In both situations the last video file are corrupted.

It is V2. Sometimes the red led turn off and after 1 sec turn on and again turn off after 2-3 sec, in other situation turn off immediatelly. In both situations the last video file are corrupted.

if the lights go off immediately as soon as power is cut there's a hardware problem, you need to talk to the seller about warranty

And if on my brand new Viofo A119C V2 from Banggood the power stays on 3 seconds and still last video file is corrupted?
This with both original firmware 2.04 and the newest 3,1.
And just ordered a new one for my wife...

Generally if the last file is corrupted it points to a hardware issue and most of the time related to the super caps not keeping the unit up long enough to save out the last file.

I know this is a long shot and maybe it has been brought up before.

But I was advised to buy microSD-cards that were designed to deal with the constant overwriting that you have in dash cam applications.

The card I got with my order is a Transcend Premium 400x, 32 GB which supposedly is able to do this.

No issues for me so far but of course the problems of file corruption can have other causes.

Also, it is important to reformat the card now and then which is why you can set a reminder for this in the dashcam.

Also, it is important to reformat the card now and then which is why you can set a reminder for this in the dashcam.
If so,maybe you can explain me why the cheap card named INTENSO (64 Gb)records 24/7 since december 2016 in YI dashcam and works just perfect without any reformatting?

If so,maybe you can explain me why the cheap card named INTENSO (64 Gb)records 24/7 since december 2016 in YI dashcam and works just perfect without any reformatting?

I just recollected a few advice I picked up from the menus and manuals of this A119 product that I suppose were given to prevent problems people might have... that seems to be relevant to the problems of the original poster.

Not all microSD-cards deal very well with being constantly overwritten as in dashcam applications. If your card does and without reformatting, congratulations.

What really happens in dashcam world is that the manufacturers in order to save few cents deliberately use poor SD card controllers and that is where the whole troubles come.YI manages to record even at cards that I considered done.Sure that a quality sd card will last more and save easier the information,but it is no use if the manufacturer must use what they been told to use...
I can also use in my engines oil same specs but another manufacturer.If the engine likes that or not it is up to the engine...(y)
Other problems are generated by supercaps.They could have spend exactly 50 cent more and have been using 10 F military grade supercaps inside and I should gladly had payed for that.But they dont,because 50 ct multiplied by lets say 100000 pieces,its 50 grands,and this is a ****ing lot of money...

Last edited:
non of the last few post make much since as it only the last file of the day (or use) that is corrupted. if it was a general problem with the card or controller it would have more issues and not be so specific of a symptom that is known to be most often to be a super cap issue.

100% agree with you.BUT on my recently purchased camera even that the power button seems to light up for 3 seconds,in 5 from 10 power offs it would not save the last video file.Strange is that with my first Viofo 119 with 1.2 firmware it saves every file,even I see that power button goes off a tad earlyer.That is my best camera EVER.Never changed nothing since purchasing it very cheap from Ebay.

symptom sounds different sounds like the cam is not fully coming up. let alone getting the chance to even start recording.

The new camera has 2 major flows:not realible saves last video and VERY much tiny hot pixels at night video(in addition of the 4 huge that are even by daylight visible)

If it is always the last video file that is corrupted I agree with the conclusion that the camera seems to be unable to hold sufficient power for the time it takes to close the files properly.

If this is the case then the camera should be replaced, never seen this behavior in my cam ever. It has more than enough power to make a graceful exit. If it is not possible to replace the cam, maybe installing a fresh set of capacitors would do the trick and it seems quite doable with a soldering iron and some patience.

Try powering the camera with a USB charger (phone charger) in a wall outlet. Run it for a minute, then pull the power and see if the last file is still corrupt. If it's not, I would think your power source would be suspect.

Back