TonyCams

Manufacturer
Reaction score
Country
China
The SJCAM SJ6 Legend will be releasing late September / Early October. Here are some of the hot spots:

- 4K @ 24fps (interpolated)
- 16MP Panasonic Sensor
- Dual Screens - 0.96" Front; 2.0" Touch Screen on back
- Gyro Stabilization
- Adjustable FOV
- Anti Fish-eye distortion
- FPV Mode
- External Mic Supported
- 2.4ghz Wireless Remote supported.

Feel free to post your questions, reviews or comments here.

Last edited by a moderator:
First look SJCAM SJ6 Legend Review

SJ6 Legend Unboxing Review:

SJCAM SJ6 Legend Menu options:

Here is some nice indoors and outdoors SJCAM SJ6 Legend footage:

Why not recorded with Gyro enabled?
Colors are nice, Panasonic style, but sky is overexposed in some situations.

enjoy,
Mtz

Why not recorded with Gyro enabled?
Colors are nice, Panasonic style, but sky is overexposed in some situations.

enjoy,
Mtz

We left Gyro off as it does not help with side to side sway option, but, more for upward and downward motion like when recording on a bike, car, or drone. We can take footage over the weekend with Gyro turned on if you like as well :)

Glad to see you are still here :)

Hi Tommy! ;)

OK, but first official videos of a new camera, when walking, should have gyro enabled at least for some moments, so people to see how good is. When people are reading GYRO on a box they have some expectations and if first videos are not showing them that feature is possible some of them to lost interest about it and not come back to see another videos.
I was hoping the 4K to be real, not interpolated as for previous models. I hope the next SJCam model the 4K to be real and start selling cameras with true specifications.

enjoy,
Mtz

The SJCAM SJ6 Legend will be releasing late September / Early October. Here are some of the hot spots:

- 16MP Panasonic Sensor
- Gyro Stabilization
- Adjustable FOV
- FPV Mode
- External Mic Supported
- 2.4ghz Wireless Mic supported.

Good to see the external mic.function!

A. 4k res.in a cam with latest power saving cpu that doesn't overheat!!

- 16MP Panasonic Sensor
- Gyro Stabilization
- Adjustable FOV
- FPV Mode
- External Mic Supported
- 2.4ghz Wireless Mic supported.

Does the Wi-Fi produce "the helo. noise " in recorded audio? It seems nobody produces a cam without the interference when Wifi is on!

Hi Tommy! ;)

OK, but first official videos of a new camera, when walking, should have gyro enabled at least for some moments, so people to see how good is. When people are reading GYRO on a box they have some expectations and if first videos are not showing them that feature is possible some of them to lost interest about it and not come back to see another videos.
I was hoping the 4K to be real, not interpolated as for previous models. I hope the next SJCam model the 4K to be real and start selling cameras with true specifications.

enjoy,
Mtz

Indeed. I had forgotton :) Hadn't shot footage for 8 months :)

Will definitely take more footage over the weekend with Gyro turned on. The Real 4k camera will be the SJ7 Star.

This SJ6 Legend should be available soon for you guys to fully test.

Cheers!

Does the Wi-Fi produce "the helo. noise " in recorded audio? It seems nobody produces a cam without the interference when Wifi is on!

I will have to check this over the weekend. I don't think SJCAM's have the "hello" noise in recorded audio though :) If so, it is the first time we have heard of this complaint :)

Also, this camera did not get hot during use, and, the battery life lasted the who footage shoot (shot lots of clips) and there still was a full bar left. Will do more tests and play with it more over the weekend.

I will have to check this over the weekend. I don't think SJCAM's have the "hello" noise in recorded audio though :) If so, it is the first time we have heard of this complaint :)

Also, this camera did not get hot during use, and, the battery life lasted the who footage shoot (shot lots of clips) and there still was a full bar left. Will do more tests and play with it more over the weekend.
The radio interference from Wifi operation apparently picked by the external mic. wire, aka helicopter sound like whup..whup, well known to Gopro owners!

Hi Tommy! ;)

enjoy,
Mtz
The Gyro should be no issue, it seems it is same lens as M20.
Also we have used that lens on Git2, tuned well Gyro with this lens last year, if others use same lens with NTK96660, no extra work.

The radio interference from Wifi operation apparently picked by the external mic. wire, aka helicopter sound like whup..whup, well known to Gopro owners!
We will test this and try to fix the issue if it arises. Thanks for the heads up.

LOL, competition collaboration, it can't get better then this for us, customers !

Critical reviews are always of help to discriminating consumers!
I have no doubt that tectronic will make us proud!

Back