Any chance you could do a side-by-side comparison between the SJ5000+ and the SJ6? I'm curious about the image/vid quality given that they're both using Panasonic sensor.
I think I may be able to do that.

Side by side gyro test image stabilization test. Camera is hand held during walking with no grip to create as shaky footage as possible.

Side by side gyro test image stabilization test. Camera is hand held during walking with no grip to create as shaky footage as possible.

Thanks for sharing the video! Keep up the great work :)

I am about to order one of new SJCAM models, but I need your advice. In case of SJ7 it seems that stabilization may be not applied. At SJ6 I noticed "white pixels" in one of TechTronic9000's YT videos. This issue is nightmare for SJ5000X' Elite users. Can we be sure it will be realy fixes in mass production devices?

I am about to order one of new SJCAM models, but I need your advice. In case of SJ7 it seems that stabilization may be not applied. At SJ6 I noticed "white pixels" in one of TechTronic9000's YT videos. This issue is nightmare for SJ5000X' Elite users. Can we be sure it will be realy fixes in mass production devices?
I think it's a matter of "when" and not of "if" regarding the CMOS calibration.

At SJ6 I noticed "white pixels" in one of TechTronic9000's YT videos. This issue is nightmare for SJ5000X' Elite users. Can we be sure it will be realy fixes in mass production devices?

By "white pixels" do you mean hot pixels? If it's hot pixels I believe it's correctable via firmware updates and in the case of the SJ6 I'm pretty sure SJCam will be releasing firmware updates for the said model in the upcoming months. As for the SJ5000x I saw a mention about hot pixel correction in the v1.4.7 firmware changelog.

Yes "Hot pixels". There were many white spots in low-light videos taken by S5000X Elite ( my camera was replaced 3 times). Even SJCAM theoretically tried to improve it by many firmwares and application of calibration procedure the effect was still very bad. I wanted to order S6 but all YT videos (not only from Techtronic) shows problem is still there: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/c...FfXmkC1bbmDCrW8H4l5jpsR8jXrOBlGyvq4/file?dl=0

Hi all,

First of all: great topic! I've decided to buy the SL6 because of the great feedback in this topic.

Got a question:

Which SD cards are working with the SJ6 and up to which size? Can it handle 64Gb or 128GB?

Hi all,

First of all: great topic! I've decided to buy the SL6 because of the great feedback in this topic.

Got a question:

Which SD cards are working with the SJ6 and up to which size? Can it handle 64Gb or 128GB?

SJ6 supports up to 128gb selected cards. Here is SJCAM Card list thread

SJ6 vs. Git2 - low light test (used as dash cam).

A short low light test between the SJ6 and the XiaoYi Yi2 both used as dash cameras.

So I've received my SJ6 legend and yesterday made my first video. Still I'm not satisfied with the quality of 1080p 60FPS. It's too blurry in some occasions. What settings do you guys recommend for cycling and to make the image a bit more sharper. I mean this is not 1080p to be honest.

So I've received my SJ6 legend and yesterday made my first video. Still I'm not satisfied with the quality of 1080p 60FPS. It's too blurry in some occasions. What settings do you guys recommend for cycling and to make the image a bit more sharper. I mean this is not 1080p to be honest.

Thanks for sharing. Please let us know which parts of the video you think are blurry. Please open a ticket here: http://support.sjcamhd.com/support/home and we will try to fix any issues via firmware. Please send us a link to download the original video in your ticket.

Lastly, when you connect SJ6 to SJCAM Zone app, it will upgrade to V1.2 :)

Back