Here are some SJCAM SJ6 Legend photos. The files were to large to upload here: SJ6 Photos

More SJCAM SJ6 Star photos coming soon.

Nice! I have a lot of ideas for a camera like this, and the microphone seals the deal. This could change the game for interviews and filmmaking in tight quarters.

-Nate

Hey by the way, I took a look the SJ6's low light. I like that look better than the M20. The M20 is sharper, than some of the older cameras, but I really like the feel of the SJ6 at night. I'd love to see what this looks like in Downtown Chicago where I shoot a lot of video.

-Nate

Low light, 16MP, touch screen, support external microphone, everything you can mention it.

For me, as a female, the golden rose color, I just want to say, finally, my color!:):):):):)

Nice! I have a lot of ideas for a camera like this, and the microphone seals the deal. This could change the game for interviews and filmmaking in tight quarters.

-Nate
Yes, this is what we were thinking. Glad to see you again on the forums! :)

Part one of the review for the new SJCam SJCam SJ6 Legend.
In this "episode" we get a look upon the new release, setup it, test it's WiFi app, see all the menu and discover new accessories.

Time Lapse Record for the SJCAM SJ6 Legend:

A short test of extreme exposure for the SJ6Legend as proportionally more than half of the image is black (dashboard) while through the windows the morning sun burns the sky. The Legends does a good job and keeps the ground (bottom) part of the image in correct exposure and it's also sharp.

We left Gyro off as it does not help with side to side sway option, but, more for upward and downward motion like when recording on a bike, car, or drone. We can take footage over the weekend with Gyro turned on if you like as well :)

Glad to see you are still here :)

You are testing a brand new camera while walking but intentionally turn OFF the GYRO features... its a no brainer.

Head-cam footage is from the SJ6 Legend, original was shoot 2K@30fps (there are several scenes throughout the video)
My test unit runs a basic firmware version so some settings are currently missing.
What I have observed is that the Panasonic sensor / lens configurations can capture more details than on previous models like the M20, 4000+, etc.

You are testing a brand new camera while walking but intentionally turn OFF the GYRO features... its a no brainer.

Waiting for update in firmware to do more vids...

thanks for your patience.

The SJCAM SJ6 Legend is now shipping.

What's the latest firmware version for the SJ6?

Sent from my MI 4S using Tapatalk

What's the latest firmware version for the SJ6?

Sent from my MI 4S using Tapatalk
It should be v1.1. Need to confirm and get back to you. Thanks

SJ6 Legend 2K@30fps Low Light Test with Various Footage

Camera on top of the car is the SJ6 Legend, gyro work good as it was subjected to a lot of wobble and shake, especially that the roof if soft flexible plastic. As for the camera settings, they were mostly on default, just EV: -2/3, the resolution was 1080@60fps.

Hey by the way, I took a look the SJ6's low light. I like that look better than the M20. The M20 is sharper, than some of the older cameras, but I really like the feel of the SJ6 at night. I'd love to see what this looks like in Downtown Chicago where I shoot a lot of video.

-Nate

Cannot wait to see your SJ6 footage on the Chicago streets in low light :)

Quick bus footage of the SJ6 Legend. More footage coming soon.

Hey by the way, I took a look the SJ6's low light. I like that look better than the M20. The M20 is sharper, than some of the older cameras, but I really like the feel of the SJ6 at night.

I think that its low light capability is due the sensor that the SJ6 used which is the same one on the SJCam SJ5000+. Most of the videos I've seen between the different SJCams it looks to me that the SJ5000+ is the best one on low light.

Part one of the review for the new SJCam SJCam SJ6 Legend.
In this "episode" we get a look upon the new release, setup it, test it's WiFi app, see all the menu and discover new accessories.

Any chance you could do a side-by-side comparison between the SJ5000+ and the SJ6? I'm curious about the image/vid quality given that they're both using Panasonic sensor.

Back