Solved: GPS mount bug

I just tried to review some footage from an incident today and noticed no video was captured since Sept 15... I tracked the issue to a lack of power from the GPS unit. If I connect the USB power cable in the A119 directly it power up just fine. I I connect it to the GPS receiver the A119 will not power.

Is there a process to obtain a new GPS receiver / Camera? I don't think I want to attempt the fix myself by fear of causing permanent damage to te camera. From what I can see the issue is in the camera itself... Right Bummer ;-( What should I do next? Contact the Amazon seller (Baiklov)?
You can talk to us directly,we will help you to solve it!
From your words,we think it lost power for its gps module,we will send you one module,ok?

I just tried to review some footage from an incident today and noticed no video was captured since Sept 15... I tracked the issue to a lack of power from the GPS unit. If I connect the USB power cable in the A119 directly it power up just fine. I I connect it to the GPS receiver the A119 will not power.

Is there a process to obtain a new GPS receiver / Camera? I don't think I want to attempt the fix myself by fear of causing permanent damage to te camera. From what I can see the issue is in the camera itself... Right Bummer ;-( What should I do next? Contact the Amazon seller (Baiklov)?

First of all if you buy from a Chinese Seller located in China such as Baiklov who is the Manufacturer also and who is a very reputable Seller I might add but... this is the Baiklov return policy below. It may be the Camera itself and not the GPS module (referring to the gold pins that are attached to the camera for contact with the GPS. One of the gold pins may be defective so seeing that u cannot test it with another module u may have to return all for refund/exchange. Unlike a North American Seller it takes weeks if not more to get a return delivery back to u and there may be charges that you will incur
See below for policy.

Dear Sir,
No fee 1 Year Warranty(not include Shipping cost ) is our company policy.
Import duties, taxes, and charges are not included.
14 days refundable after receiving the product if you don't want it or it is defective.
If the order is over 3 months,customer will pay for the hipping fee if need to return it for repairing.
Any further question,pls let us know.
Baiklov

First of all if you buy from a Chinese Seller located in China such as Baiklov who is the Manufacturer also and who is a very reputable Seller I might add but... this is the Baiklov return policy below. It may be the Camera itself and not the GPS module (referring to the gold pins that are attached to the camera for contact with the GPS. One of the gold pins may be defective so seeing that u cannot test it with another module u may have to return all for refund/exchange. Unlike a North American Seller it takes weeks if not more to get a return delivery back to u and there may be charges that you will incur

Thank you Sutton. I think they are going above and beyond the stated policy. I have already been contacted by Baiklov and they will be shipping a brand new camera/gps to me. Still need to figure out the details but it might be that I will return the defective one when I get the new unit. Would make sense. Much better process that way. Very happy with the response so far.

Thank you Sutton. I think they are going above and beyond the stated policy. I have already been contacted by Baiklov and they will be shipping a brand new camera/gps to me. Still need to figure out the details but it might be that I will return the defective one when I get the new unit. Would make sense. Much better process that way. Very happy with the response so far.
Yes Baiklov is a great Chinese Seller that responds back to the Buyers quickly.

they are the seller, not the manufacturer
Thanks for the correction, I was under the impression they also manufactured it, sorry

@viofo I think I have a GPS mount power issue as well. Recently screen flickers and unit restarting itself randomly. When it is plugged into to the dashcam USB port directly, seems to be stable.

I have just contacted FoxOffer.com about the issue where I bought it but if you can assist me directly, I wouldn't mind engaging directly with you directly since you are the manufacturer. Thanks

Regarding power on the camera, we recommended use original car charger before, please make sure use the original adapter and 4M long USB cable included in the box.
As we found someone use different USB cables which cause powering issue.

If still have powering issue for GPS mount, we suggest to try the camera from a wall charger or power bank which have 5V 1A/2A output.

Regarding power on the camera, we recommended use original car charger before, please make sure use the original adapter and 4M long USB cable included in the box.
As we found someone use different USB cables which cause powering issue.

If still have powering issue for GPS mount, we suggest to try the camera from a wall charger or power bank which have 5V 1A/2A output.

@viofo I am using original cable and charger. Screen flickering and unit is restarting intermittently when plugged in to GPS mount.

When plugged into dashcam usb itself, no screen flickering or restarts.

@viofo I am using original cable and charger. Screen flickering and unit is restarting intermittently when plugged in to GPS mount.

When plugged into dashcam usb itself, no screen flickering or restarts.
Have you tried to re-seat the ribbon cable like the other user did? Might be easier and faster than waiting for a replacement from Foxoffer. Assuming that's the issue.

Thanks for your update, I have forwarded this to engineer and QC department.

I bought a new a119.
Gps Logger not working. no gps
Oct 21, 2016 19:24:38 PMOrder number: W1610210624382458Shipping method: Netherlands Registered

"Version A119.20160829.V1.1 good.. Added: Turkey Language " thanks:) but Gps Logger not working.:(:confused:
What are you going to do about it.
thank you

mEVZd0.jpg

Last edited:
I bought a new a119.
Gps Logger not working. I have same problem, but I am not electrical engineer. I can't fix it.
Oct 21, 2016 19:24:38 PMOrder number: W1610210624382458Shipping method: Netherlands Registered

"Version A119.20160829.V1.1 good.. Added: Turkey Language " thanks:) but Gps Logger not working.:(:confused:
thank you
Do you have it turned on in the settings?
Is the camera functioning fine other than the GPS info?

I bought a new a119.
Gps Logger not working. no gps

thank you

mEVZd0.jpg

"no GPS" means no GPS signal, the GPS itself may still work.
try to move the GPS mount to the left of that "metal" you have it mounted on and you may get a signal.

"no GPS" means no GPS signal, the GPS itself may still work.
try to move the GPS mount to the left of that "metal" you have it mounted on and you may get a signal.
I think you have that wrong. "No GPS" means that the camera is not receiving ANY data from the GPS. It's not an indication of the lack of a position lock. That is indicated by the radar dish symbol further up the rhs of the display. Secondly, on European cars at least, the "metal" area you refer to is an area clear of any devices in the windscreen that might stop radio signals getting through ( heating elements etc. ). It's the recommended position for toll road dongles to ensure best signal through the glass.

I think you have that wrong. "No GPS" means that the camera is not receiving ANY data from the GPS.
it's possible. but from my experience from a moment a camera started recording (no driving) and in a bad weather like rain I saw "no GPS" message on a camera's screen for up to 3 minutes until the GPS gets a signal.

Back